Author Topic: 2016 Status Report  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Revontulet

Re: 2016 Status Report
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:51 pm »
Sweet, I didnt know about your twitter before Youko. Ill be sure to check it out~
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Youko

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 07:37:02 pm »
On the note of the characters, a lot of the information on up on the website is no longer accurate. We'll probably do a big update once the game is close to launch.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 09:56:51 pm »
Hopefully things like backer characters weren't too difficult to work with. <.<... >.>... <.<...

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »
Yeah, I wrote that like a year and half ago and I fear that if I look at it again I might die of cringe...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Youko

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 11:55:04 pm »
I'm more worried people are going to complain to me that they didn't get enough focus, or their characters are acting OOC. You guys have Ares characters though, so you're stuck inside side quests, sadly. :T

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 11:58:40 pm »
Don't worry Arra and Marx I'll be sure to play your side quests~

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 08:17:08 am »
I wonder if my character's gonna end up as That One Boss... I wonder if I'll end up hating her for gameplay reasons. Going by Youko's posts, Sierra's not pulling punches with the gameplay sections.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 09:04:22 am »
If Dark Souls has taught me something is that you always remember the bosses that kill you at least three times.

So as long as we can't be cheesed in some way or another I'll be happy~~
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 10:27:25 am »
And then on New Game Plus there should be a sidequest where the players have to fight both of us at the same time. Libertas Ares!

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 10:44:59 am »
Liberta Ares!

Offline Youko

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 02:19:40 pm »
No spoilers <3

But, seriously. Storytelling with the Ares characters varies between difficult and impossible because you're not exactly sitting around having pleasant conversation. There's a very good chance you won't get to see much before the new game ++.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 03:10:06 pm »
Yeah, I understand - most of the story's from the close perspective of Junius, if not all. Either way, New Game++ will be something to work towards if that's the case! Especially if there's a defect route~

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 04:14:38 pm »
Honestly, as long as you got to do something cool with them then I don't mind~ At the beginning I wasn't sure if the characters from the "minor" backers even had a line (in fact, I'm not even sure if they actually do now; maybe you're talking about storytelling through gameplay a la Dark Souls?).

Offline Youko

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 04:53:06 pm »
Honestly, as long as you got to do something cool with them then I don't mind~ At the beginning I wasn't sure if the characters from the "minor" backers even had a line (in fact, I'm not even sure if they actually do now; maybe you're talking about storytelling through gameplay a la Dark Souls?).

I'd love to tell story through item descriptions, but the thing is we don't actually have that many items period nor room for descriptions, so that's more or less impossible, but for now that's still up in the air.

As far as how many lines backer characters get, pretty much all of the side characters ARE backer characters. Eg. Your fellow Commodores in your fleet.

How many lines a person gets is directly related to what role and personality they picked for their character since that takes precedence over inserting them into a spot with a lot of lines. This, however, leads to rather unequal representation between said side characters, so I hope people won't be up in arms with me about including or excluding their character. That said, I've taken A LOT of liberties with the characters that do have major speaking roles, so I'm just hoping I don't get lynched for making someone's OC act OOC. lol

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 04:55:21 pm »
Keep up the great work, we're all excited to see the final product :D