Author Topic: 2016 Status Report  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Youko

Re: 2016 Status Report
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 05:45:30 pm »
Keep up the great work, we're all excited to see the final product :D

Good, because I'm suffering through literal headaches to try to produce quality content lol.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 08:21:16 pm »
How many lines a person gets is directly related to what role and personality they picked for their character since that takes precedence over inserting them into a spot with a lot of lines. This, however, leads to rather unequal representation between said side characters, so I hope people won't be up in arms with me about including or excluding their character. That said, I've taken A LOT of liberties with the characters that do have major speaking roles, so I'm just hoping I don't get lynched for making someone's OC act OOC. lol

Honestly, that puts me at ease. There is nothing I would hate more than my backer character (or others, but yours is always the most painful one) being out of sync with the story (or breaking the immersion) due to his setting. If the "core" of the character gets across then I trust your hands far more than mine, Yoko  :).
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2017, 12:32:28 am »
I like that you're not going for equal representation in the name of creating a story that makes sense. Maybe it's because I know that Sera's an antagonist, if a sympathetic one, and therefore less likely to get a lot of focus, but I think that'll benefit the story and the game more than trying to get some sort of arbitrary parity between them.

Offline Youko

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 12:39:54 am »
I just hope everyone feels the same, because it would be pretty awful to keep the backers waiting around for so long only to feel cheated out of something.

Offline Void

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 01:23:08 pm »
Though... I wonder why they decide to change the age of the characters. They're already all over 20 before except for maybe 1 or 2.

Writer here.

I requested because it didn't really fit with the setting to have people under 20 serving or holding positions that high, so this is how things turned out.

Oh, well it does make sense in a way.

Though the only one that was under 20 was Claine iirc.

So that's why the age went up.

Good to see you're still alive, haven't seen you around here in a long time.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 02:38:11 pm »
My character's pretty young, but there's a reason~! Assuming that that thing's still happening, anyway.

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 07:08:06 pm »
Well personally, the age cyanges makes sense. Its weird for me to see things like in Sunrider where the Captain of a large military vessel is a kid. Even if it was possible, then that brings into question where room for growth for a career officer would take place. And that said, only viable reason I could ser this case is if the mortality rate was pandemically high due to an ongoing war.  Anyway,  In this way i think the Sierra Ops story will be more engrossing having taken this int account 8)
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Youko

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 08:24:27 pm »
Well personally, the age cyanges makes sense. Its weird for me to see things like in Sunrider where the Captain of a large military vessel is a kid. Even if it was possible, then that brings into question where room for growth for a career officer would take place. And that said, only viable reason I could ser this case is if the mortality rate was pandemically high due to an ongoing war.  Anyway,  In this way i think the Sierra Ops story will be more engrossing having taken this int account 8)

Sierra's tone is quiet a bit darker than Sunrider's. While you still get the occasional hjinx or silly moments, the whole game is weighed down by an increasing sense of dread as the story progresses. Of course, that's not to say it's a depressing game to play in any sense, but it is a whole lot more grounded in reality than Sunrider is. I've tried my best to build a world where the oddities make sense, but how well I do is ultimately up to the player.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 10:42:59 pm »
While I also appreciate the darker and more grounded storyline in Sierra, everyone always seemingly forgets that Captain Shields is around 27 in Sunrider...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 11:02:42 am »
A shoutout to all the junior officers out there who suddenly become Captain of a warship after expecting to be helping out with the communication arrays or something like that due to unexpected fatalities higher up :D. But yeah, it takes time to get promoted, no matter how amazing you are, unless there's a huge war with huge losses going on at the time.

Offline Void

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 07:44:55 pm »
Well I might sound a bit impatient but...

RELEASE WHEN???

I wants to play... ;=;
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Youko

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 11:47:37 pm »
Well I might sound a bit impatient but...

RELEASE WHEN???

I wants to play... ;=;

Ask Hel. :C

It will definitely be this year though (don't quote me on that).

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 06:08:43 am »
It will definitely be this year.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2017, 05:37:15 am »
Hey, I was wondering if we could get an update on the game if possible. Haven't really seen much mention of anything on Twitter lately.