Author Topic: Hurricane Paisley: The Visual Novel  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Oreo_Blue

Hurricane Paisley: The Visual Novel
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:03:20 pm »
Is it just me, or Kickstarter having more and more VNs lately? This is another F2P VN, and going to be made with RPG Maker. Not really interested, reminder set, gonna wait until further update.

CLICKING THEIR KICKSTARTER VIDEO PITCH MIGHT HARM YOUR BODY AND SOUL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
KickStarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/211610632/hurricane-paisley-the-visual-novel?ref=recently_launched
Demo Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a05w8x8ub59wea/Hurricane_Paisley_VN.exe

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:12:53 am by Oreo_Blue »

Offline Ledabot

Re: Hurricane Paisley: The Visual Novel
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:14:25 pm »
I'm a little over these kickstarters. I said it in the last ones thread, but I really can't handle anymore things at once. I have a life somewhere that needs attention too!.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:31:44 pm »
This one is not really interesting anyway :D

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 01:56:21 pm »
I almost feel bad for these guys. This market is just too saturated already. Wait 3 months and they might get more attention

Offline Kemeo

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 05:01:56 pm »
I feel like Sunrider kinda started the VN bubble. :3

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 05:42:44 pm »
Definitely one of the best trends of the year. Who'd have thought Visual Novels of all things would become such an 'in' thing all of a sudden.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »
//Gorchnik mode off

It didn't necessarily start it, but the mass (more than the norm) attention it received certainly helped.

It's not even a problem of over-saturalization on the VN front though because truth be told, Kickstarter itself is over-saturated with games in general.  It has been the highest funded category ever since KS inception and the problem is that  (and no offense to the creators) a good 3/4 projects are not worth your investment.  I mean really, go through and look at the games category.  Can you honestly tell me that you would back 75% of the projects in there if you had the cash available.  I certainly wouldn't.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 05:51:20 pm »
Another thing is that Renpy is actually a free engine, and Visual Novels (IMO) are simpler to make compared to many other types of games.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 06:12:28 pm »
//Gorchnik mode off

It didn't necessarily start it, but the mass (more than the norm) attention it received certainly helped.

It's not even a problem of over-saturalization on the VN front though because truth be told, Kickstarter itself is over-saturated with games in general.  It has been the highest funded category ever since KS inception and the problem is that  (and no offense to the creators) a good 3/4 projects are not worth your investment.  I mean really, go through and look at the games category.  Can you honestly tell me that you would back 75% of the projects in there if you had the cash available.  I certainly wouldn't.

I totally know what you mean, but it's dam annoying to see the games you like failing when the games you think look kinda dumb steaming ahead. If it wasn't for some random person talking about 'this game on kickstarter' he found, I wouldn't have ever found sunrider let alone found any other VNs on kickstarter.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 06:15:13 pm »
I totally know what you mean, but it's dam annoying to see the games you like failing when the games you think look kinda dumb steaming ahead.

People love dumb game, just look at flappy bird and goat simulator.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 06:51:19 pm »
Doesn't help that popular content makers which will remain unnamed keep playing said games and compounding the viewers want for such dumbness. We really shouldn't speak, VNs can be pretty dumb too. The type of humor is kinda different though. Scripted humor vs. random humor that games like goat sim generate. Funny because it's unexpected and your in the moment not becasue it was written in such a way as to tickle your funny bone. Some would say that the silly games form of humor is more genuine.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 11:27:19 pm »
ugh, why did they have to try and speak japanese in that trailer? my ears are bleeding
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 03:21:33 am »
//Gorchnik mode off....again.  This has never happened twice in one thread.

EDIT: Ya know what, forget it. Some of these projects.....woo boy.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 05:01:42 am »
For me, the art was already kind of a turn-off when I skimmed over the project page. Still, read through the project description... And then stopped at this line:
It emerged from two characters I created to be my alter egos
Ye gods! Might as well stuck a "Warning, Mary Sue self-insert" sticker there instead.

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 07:44:57 am »
I saw the page and I thought it looked fine.  And then I clicked on the video.

I'm still recovering from the shock.