Author Topic: That Nintendo Thingy. The Switchamacallit.  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Elvis Strunk

That Nintendo Thingy. The Switchamacallit.
« on: March 02, 2017, 10:56:45 pm »
Hello friends. It is time I reveal a very carefully hidden, shameful secret. I am very excited about the Nintendo Switch~

I figured there might be some more people that're excited for it too! And that maybe it'd be cool to have a place to discuss it, and to add, like, friend codes and stuff, so people can be friends and stuff.

Anyway...

Neon or Grey?

Offline BlackStarLine

Re: That Nintendo Thingy. The Switchamacallit.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:14:11 pm »
Neon.

Online Deeox2

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 11:35:20 pm »
GREY

Offline Jynx

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 11:36:56 pm »
GREY

It is true that Dee has good taste.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:44:18 pm »
Originally wanted the grey a lot more, since it matches the system and I dislike the idea of the two joycon being different. But over time I've grown to appreciate the neon about as much. Still, the OCD in my brain would be pleased to get grey.

...all inferior to how awesome a pure white system would be though. Gonna have a white monitor, keyboard, mouse, tower, 3DS, headphones, and controller. And then a Grey Switch.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 12:00:42 am »
GREY

It is true that Dee has good taste.
In the line right now. Hype time :D

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Heinrike

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 12:08:52 am »
Grey.

Spoiler

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:03:37 am »
GREY:

Spoiler
And NEON:

That's what extra controllers are for. ;)

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 01:46:59 am »
Urgh, pure white is so APPLE! :P

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 09:21:20 am »
Grey. Hope the launch version doesn't have the sync problem reviews talked about, though.

Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 10:49:14 am »
Grey. Hope the launch version doesn't have the sync problem reviews talked about, though.
Maybe the day 1 patch fixed it, or maybe the issue has been way overblown (not that these two options are mutually exclusive), but the only way I've been able to "reproduce" this sync issue so fact is by going to about 2 car lengths' distance from the Switch, squatting down while facing away from it, and basically surround as much of my body and limbs as possible around the left Joy-Con.

... I wrote it myself, but that description sounds more like somebody with a painful stomach ache bent over an Asian squat toilet. ;D

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 03:58:28 pm »
Maybe the day 1 patch fixed it, or maybe the issue has been way overblown (not that these two options are mutually exclusive), but the only way I've been able to "reproduce" this sync issue so fact is by going to about 2 car lengths' distance from the Switch, squatting down while facing away from it, and basically surround as much of my body and limbs as possible around the left Joy-Con.

... I wrote it myself, but that description sounds more like somebody with a painful stomach ache bent over an Asian squat toilet. ;D

Perfect, I was bit worried. Have a pat for the great description too.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 07:44:26 am »
Breath of the Wild.

... Can't. Stop. Playing.

P.S.
If you've got the Super Smash Bros series Link Amiibo, you're in luck. Just make sure to be near a
Spoiler
horse stable
before you try to activate it.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 07:49:23 am »
It does seem like a pretty fun game~ Honestly, it isn't my type of thing, really. I really love the idea behind open world games, but I always lose interest in stuff like Skyrim or Fallout before too long. But I've continued to enjoy Breath of the Wild the entire time I've played it so far, and I think that'll continue~

even if I absolutely suck at it~

It's also my second Zelda game ever, after Link's Awakening. So it might have been a bit of a strange transition~

also grey joycon best joycon. because it is my joycon.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 04:15:16 am »
Just finished participating in the second hour of the Splatoon 2 Testfire event, my biggest reaction:
DAMN YOU MUSCLE MEMORY!!!
Spoiler
(Kept hitting X to jump, when that just causes the map to pop open, instead of pressing B.)

Which brings me to my second reaction:
It's also more troublesome to quick jump now, since instead of just tapping the Wii U Gamepad touchscreen for who you want to jump to, you need to 1) open the map, 2) press direction for who you want to jump to, 3) press A. This change probably also guarantees that it's impossible to implement Squid Beakons.

Otherwise:
Loving the new maps and weapons, and the adjustments for returning weapons.