Author Topic: That Nintendo Thingy. The Switchamacallit.  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: That Nintendo Thingy. The Switchamacallit.
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 09:47:44 pm »
Not by much I wouldn't have thought. The specs aren't as different as one might expect.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 11:46:30 pm »
Looks like my PS4 Pro is going to keep gathering dust, because if I am going to get Dark Souls Remastered at all, it'd probably be the Switch version.

Meanwhile, we're also getting Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition, combining all of the contents of the Wii U and 3DS versions. Definitely going to grab that, along with TWEWY.

I'm more surprised nobody mentioned that the Direct also revealed a Switch version of Ys VIII (though I heard that NIS America made a huge mess of Ys VIII's localization and basically had to redo it all, dampening people's enthusiasm for the game). And SNK Heroines, for those who were hungry for a fan servicey fighter.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 06:14:39 pm »
Heyo, friends.

As you may or may not care about, Nintendo's paid online service is gonna be starting soon. I'm planning to pick up the family plan option, allegedly allowing for up to eight different accounts- including on different Switches- to access online. Now of course, I'm gonna be using one slot, and the second is reserved, but there should still be six slots left for anybody that wants one. So basically, leave a post if you'd like to get online for free.

I might not pick it up as soon as it's available, but it'll be within a month, so please have patience as well~ I also reserve the right to remove someone if I deem it necessary but that probably won't come up. One account per person, also! If you have more than one, you'll have to take care of the extras yourself, to be fair to others. Also I doubt it'll come up but you have to already be someone I know, no new accounts mysteriously appearing just to post here~

SLOTS
1: Elvis
2: Dee
3: Arra (eventually)
4: Mike
5: WhyBuy (eventually)
6:
7:
8:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:29:05 pm by Elvis Strunk »

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 11:15:10 pm »
That's generous! I'd ask for a slot but I don' t have a Switch. Haha. If I get one in the future and you still have slots open I'll see if I can take you up on that.

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 02:49:41 am »
* Deeox2 looks at the "Reserved" slot, narrows his eyes and then looks at Elvis.

HMMMM.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 03:08:28 am »
No Dee you can't have that slot I already gave it to Dee.

also Arra accepted

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2018, 03:39:23 pm »
You should triple check the TOS to make sure it own't be an issue having somebody logging on from another country.

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 11:25:14 pm »
What exactly does the online service give someone? Rather, IF I bought a Switch to only play single player games, should I care about the Online Service?
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 11:48:05 pm »
well in the US it gives you access to some back-catalog games for free. Not sure if that's a worldwide thing.

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 03:15:19 am »
What exactly does the online service give someone? Rather, IF I bought a Switch to only play single player games, should I care about the Online Service?

Cloud save backups are gated behind the online subscription service.

Dumb, but. That's how it is.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:43 am »
Also not all games have Cloud Save enabled even with the subscription because Nintendo.

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 03:54:22 am »
Yup. Thanks, Nintendo.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 01:48:52 pm »
If it allows family group members to be from different regions, I'll like to put my hands up for one of the slots.

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 02:42:18 pm »

Cloud save backups are gated behind the online subscription service.

Dumb, but. That's how it is.
Also not all games have Cloud Save enabled even with the subscription because Nintendo.

Yeah, I saw Jim Sterling's take on this issue... Ah well... I guess I'll gamble on the integrity of the on system storage (whenever I get a Switch).
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 04:25:33 pm »
I have put in little to no research but shall assume different regions can group together until proven otherwise~

List updated, still got a good number of slots left!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzIcLfRMcY