Author Topic: Rising Angels: Allegiance  (Read 507 times)

Offline Legendzerox

Rising Angels: Allegiance
« on: March 06, 2017, 09:52:26 pm »
I just finished reading this VN, and seeing no topic for it yet I decided to make one... I'll be honest here, the last update to the kickstarter kinda disappointed me and made me sad. I also found out about Allegiance yesterday and paid 10 bucks for it on itch.io. After playing it, I realized that Allegiance was everything I wanted Fates to be, and in a sense I feel like a lot of the writing that Komi had planned for Fates felt like it was used for Allegiance. I know its a kinetic novel, but its as if they cut out the cannon route from Fates and made it its own game. Whats interesting is that making it kinetic with no real choices actually made the game a lot better. I liked the fact that this time we really got to see the story from different perspectives instead of just Natalie. It really helped move the story more than solely relying on Natalie making all the moves.

All the character interactions, their growth, and ultimately how the story culminated in the end has left me satisfied. While I do want Fates to come out, if it never does, I will feel satisfied with how Allegiance ended this story. Who knows, maybe they will decided to do another kinetic novel sequel. I think that would be for the best. What I loved about Allegiance the most is how the ending was open, yet at the same time left us with enough closure to know what will happen in the future for those aboard the Nimross.

The best part for me is knowing that
Spoiler
Faye will get the operation she needs to save her life and that she is happy that those around her will be there for her. Her whole arc in allegiance with her finding closure with her father was what she really needed to find resolve for herself to move on and live.

The story really is far from over. There is still much for Natalie and the crew about the Nimross to figure out, especially about the Bellino Crystals. Like I said, should the story end here, you can rest easy knowing
Spoiler
All the crew is doing well and whatever trials and misfortune await them, they will do it together.

My one big complaint is that there was quite a few spelling errors and word usage. So to IDHAS, thanks for making an enjoyable read.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:56:07 pm by Legendzerox »

Online Revontulet

Re: Rising Angels: Allegiance
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:56:18 pm »
Hi Legend! Ive not finished it yet, but I have really enjoyed Allegiance as well. Definately didnt know what to think of the multiple heorine perspective at first, but i5 was nice. What did you think about some of the new cast?

*raises a flag as a Brianni fan*

Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Legendzerox

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 09:58:17 pm »
I enjoyed Brianni a lot. It was nice seeing another ditzy airhead. It took a while for me to actually like Aria, but by the time I did, Allegiance ended.

I hope you enjoy the ending to allegiance as much as I do.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »
I loved it so much that I played through the entire thing in a single sitting.