Author Topic: Two sets of Pre-Alpha Reviews  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Cliffjord

Two sets of Pre-Alpha Reviews
« on: April 24, 2014, 01:32:11 pm »
Hi there, thought I might take the time to produce some feedback that me and a friend had come up with for the pre-alpha.

Graphics:
Overall we agreed a very pretty and well optimized game (I was running on graphics card melting power which I might add is the greatest name for a graphics level I've ever seen.) Hopefully we can get full-screen and the resolutions the next build but overall a stunning looking game.

How it 'feels':
The speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed! The controls felt tight (menus not withstanding) and you could turn on a dime, this combined with time slow has created some of the best looking and feeling game play I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Rule of Cool holds well here and it adds a lot of flair which in games that aren't Gundam type mechs seems to be missing. Nothing quite compares to the fear of seeing a wave of Aces tear through the clouds like ''Good you killed the mooks, now fight us, the proper enemies.'' 

Weapons and Balance:
I quite liked the weapon selection but target switching would have been nice to have and friend felt a multi-lock on could be a really great feature for the micro-missiles and other missile types. Melee was pretty fun to use and was viable to use when charging straight through an enemy formation. The cannons were the go-to gun for anything but not the most effective for specialized units. Funnels was verging on hilarious anytime they were in use them and I love them for it. Nothing seemed vastly overpowered or really rendered anything else useless and did seem to compliment each other quite well

Sound:
Awesome soundtrack, the weapons sounded good but nothing memorable. The voice acting was enjoyable and felt natural.

The A.I:
Behaved better than I expected as they did break formations and did lure me into ambushes a few times by diving into water while others gained altitude. The aces really could have done better for getting closer and using a more erratic combat style but that's personal preference.

Overall for a first build and look at the game, I'm thoroughly impressed, keep up the good work.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

Re: Two sets of Pre-Alpha Reviews
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:42 pm »
Gorchnik says thanks for the review.  I was not able to back this project in time so I can only hope what you all post here fuels excited hype for future releases of said project.

Offline PentaX

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 06:41:19 pm »
I came to read this several times a day. And I was too shy to reveal myself. :)

Thank you for the response!

Offline Cliffjord

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 02:08:01 pm »
So with the new update here's my thoughts.

Multi-lock is good, can be a bit clumsy though, resolved by turning off FES.
Frame rate is good but not wonderful at max settings but Alpha is Alpha.
No bugs seem present.
I will beat that high-score.
The new HUD is glorious, it is so much nicer to work with and much more informative.