Author Topic: Steins;Gate 0  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Geocorn

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: Steins;Gate 0
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:48:23 pm »
Ya beat me to it :P
Much hype~~

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:15:13 pm »
Episode 1 is out now, folks! Fire up those PTSD-inflicted main characters, tutturu soundboards and evil behind-the-scenes overlord evils who are just a pawn for more evil behind-the-scenes overlord evils! Or something like that. Someone's gotta be evil, right?

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:32:37 pm »
Oh awesome, Crunchyroll released it to free users the same day! I thought I was going to have to pay!

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 12:12:42 am »
* WeAreTheMeta debates whether to to watch each week as new episode come out or waiting for all episode to be released, and also whether to do a little stein gate marathon before to remember everything or not

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:44:35 am »
Well to help with that, it was also announced today that Steins;Gate Elite is being released this year on PS4, PC and Switch. And it comes with Liner Bounded Phenogram in english too, which is what I'm most excited about :3

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 03:06:50 am »
Poor Okabe, he's really got PTSD...

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 05:01:02 am »
I wasn't jokin', yo. Seeing those things will do that to a man

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 06:26:29 am »
Also looks like the vn comes out on Steam in a few weeks. 

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 06:32:53 am »
May 8th ^^

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 07:37:12 pm »
Hmm something just occurred to me,  is episode 23 beta canon? Because the end doesn't seem to fit exactly. Okabe telling Mayuri he'd go back to the lab after not having been there in a while, and then seeing the AI on the store monitor. But he's been back to the lab now and doesn't seem to know yet about the AI.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 08:17:58 pm »
I believe it is sort of canon, though that particular part of the story isn't shown in the game. The game opens on his flashbacks while at the hypnotherapist. I notice they left out the part where he started screaming to pretend that he did okay there :P

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:33 pm »
just saw episode 4
Seems like sooner or later Okabe will have to tell Maho and Amadeus how he met Kurisu. And they'll probably think he's insane. Also how does Daru know Moeka in the beta worldline? I wasn't expecting she'd have much to do with this story since the Rounders don't exist in this wordline. And was that Reading Steiner Okabe was experiencing, or PTSD induced hallucinations? I could see it going either way. Also hopefully Luka is okay.
Also saw that Kagari has the same VA as somebody from Sentai (Ninninger) and Akko in Little Witch Academia. That's neat. That makes 3 VAs that were in Sentai (Daru's and Suzuha's VAs were both in Gokaiger). There might have been more that were just one off characters.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:00:52 pm by Geocorn »

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 07:13:01 pm »
just saw episode 4
Seems like sooner or later Okabe will have to tell Maho and Amadeus how he met Kurisu. And they'll probably think he's insane. Also how does Daru know Moeka in the beta worldline? I wasn't expecting she'd have much to do with this story since the Rounders don't exist in this wordline. And was that Reading Steiner Okabe was experiencing, or PTSD induced hallucinations? I could see it going either way. Also hopefully Luka is okay.
Spoiler
Dunno if the anime will show it but the game at least explains how Daru and Moeka know each other. And Rounders DO exist in this timeline, they just haven't been told to search for the IBN so aren't hunting the main cast, a fact which will lead to COOLTHINGS soonish. Okabe has both PTSD and Reading Steiner, both of which surface in 0. But I haven't watched ep 4 yet so I couldn't tell you which it is in that circumstance.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 07:45:45 pm »
I just started playing the VN, does the professor speak using some kind of universal translator? I didn't notice that from the anime (yet).
just watched episode 5
Was pretty obvious who Luka's friend was going to be.
And I miss Alpha Suzuha.
Also managed to play a bit more of the VN when my landlady would leave me alone. It seems like the anime skipped something that's going to be super important...
Spoiler
Reading Steiner is being treated as a pandemic in the US?  The way they were describing it, it sounds like some people are even traveling attractor fields like Okabe, not just having memories from both like we saw with Mayuri, Faris, Luka, and Kurisu... If that's the case, it begs the question why doesn't Suzuha go to the US to find somebody else to end WWIII?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:46:13 pm by Geocorn »