Author Topic: Steins;Gate 0  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Geocorn

Re: Steins;Gate 0
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 04:28:40 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I feel lije the animation quality is going downhill https://youtu.be/YM4KbI67Gsc

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 07:50:23 pm »
Just watched episode 7. It's been on the same path the past few episodes. It's keeping it interesting though, can't be sure what is going to happen from one episode to another, they could change to a different path. It's a pretty neat way of adapting a VN like this I think.
this is also a VN spoiler
Still something I never figured out on this path from the VN is Yuki's identity. She's not Kagari, is she the real Yuki then? And was her hurt arm just a red herring for readers, making the motorcycle woman Dr. Reyes? I'm wondering if that song will come into play in the anime, and which path's origin they'll use.
Also was disappointed episode 6 couldn't include Luka speaking English, it wouldn't have taken that much time to include. But I guess objectively it doesn't really add to the overall plot... And they changed the professor's iconic shaman girls quote lol

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 07:49:19 pm »
Episode 8 was doozy. It was mostly original. That's all I'll say.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 11:53:07 pm »
oh I want to write about the last two episodes. I think I can talk without needing a spoiler tag. They're mashing stuff from about 3 routes if I'm remembering correctly. certain things have been skipped as a result (well hard to say skipped if it's not clear what worldline we're in). There was one scene in particular I was looking forward to seeing in the anime, but it got reduced to a 30 second conversation with Mr. Braun. One month in particular was also skipped over. Interestingly, a lot of what's happening right now seems to be Maho's route. I'm glad to see that because the first anime didn't show anything that happened outside of the common route and Kurisu's route, so I just assumed the side paths would be skipped totally.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2018, 08:05:48 pm »
So the finale was great. Overall the series fixed a lot of problems I had with the VN. My spoiler tags include anime spoilers not just VN spoilers.
Spoiler
The scene in the Alpha AF is longer. It shows Okabe trying to cope with what happens when he fails to save Mayuri. It gives a reason for why Kurisu told Okabe to forget about her. In the VN, she was already ready to send the unknown D-Mail (which we assume is connected to ending Amadeus). In the anime, she decided to rebuild the Phonewave after seeing how upset Okabe was. And it also shows what the content of the D-mail was.
When Okabe time leaps from the future, it's never explained how he did it when he was captured for an unknown amount of time, and comatose. The anime explains this and shows him making several of the leaps needed to get back.
We get to actually see Luka and Yuki in the feature.
When the gang lose their connection to Amadeus, this is a conscious choice on their part, as opposed to it happening to them. It made the scene more powerful.
We're shown how Mayuri and Suzuha complete Operation Arclight.
Unfortunately it also created new ones (limited time with Yuki, almost no time at all with Fubuki, Kaeda, and Rayes.)
Spoiler
The professor admits to Okabe that he tortured Fubuki. No mention of this pretty important detail in the anime, thus making her character a total waste of space in the anime.
Suzuha's urgency and anger when she shoots Okabe on the roof is forced. In the anime, Okabe and Fubuki never end up in a world where the USSR is at war with Japan and America. Overall this meant that worldline changes had less to do with Amadeus than they did in the VN.
It's never really stated that the Professor is working for StratFor while Rayes is working for DURPA.
We don't see Amadeus having Reading Steiner.
Mr. Braun doesn't help Okabe and Suzuha determine that StratFor is after Kagari. He just, tells Okabe. He does get more involved in the end game though, so it balances out.
We are shown Okabe "reawakening" multiple times. It was needless and destroyed the emotional impact it had in the VN.
Minor complaint, but it is Daru who punches Okabe in his first reawakening instead of Suzuha.
The professor doesn't ask "Where are Japanese Shaman girls?" He says "where are shrine maidens?" and then repeats in Japanese. Meme ruined. Also we don't get to see Luka's English skills in that scene.
Then there were things that weren't fixed. Why is Kagari still in the ending scene? Why do the American characters speak English with a Japanese accent? (Would it have been that hard to find bilingual VAs? Or even Americans? Use subtitles if their Japanese is hard to understand, they're not supposed to be fluent except for Maho.)
Overall I'm still saying the anime was better than the VN. Not better than the original, but it's still up there as one of my favorite anime series I've watched.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2018, 05:03:50 pm »
Don't regret watching the anime, it DID correct the part that bothered me in the VN! THEY CORRECTED IT!

I'm really happy now, no more plot hole as far as I'm concerned!

*insert mad scientist laugh*

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2018, 05:05:06 pm »
was it one of the things I had a problem with too, or something different?

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 10:04:47 pm »
Yes it was, the second thing you mention in first spoiler

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta