Author Topic: Monster Revolution: Awakening  (Read 1700 times)

Offline BlackStarLine

Re: Monster Revolution: Awakening
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2017, 10:04:51 pm »
Ajax shrugged.

"I suspect his lot are part of the reason i'm here, not to mention they have something that belongs to me. Unfortunately for me though, I can't go and take it directly."

Offline Pal

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2017, 01:00:36 am »
The redhead makes a 'hmm' sound. "I suspect we have a common enemy, in that case." She drops down from the roof, landing solidly on her feet, and walks over to the short man. She extends her hand and introduces herself. "You can call me steve."

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 10:10:59 pm »
Ajax takes the proferred hand and shakes it.

"The name's Ajax, i'm a Dwarf if you hadn't realised already. Also, I thought that 'Steve' was a name usually given to males? You humans are a strange lot."

Offline Pal

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 10:38:47 pm »
The redhead gauges the man's grip as they shake hands. It's a bit stronger than she expected, even taking his obvious muscles into account. He probably had a very physical job. Yet he also managed to not crush her hand to a bloody pulp at the same time. This spoke well of his ability to control himself, at least when calm.
"It's a nickname." Steve comments. She offers no further explanation.
She turns down the street, back into town, and walks at a pace ajax can easily match. "This way, the rest of my u...the others are at the bar."

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2017, 09:25:22 pm »
Ajax shrugs and begins following Steve, interested in who these "others" were.

Offline Merne23

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2017, 12:34:55 am »
"Er, miss, there's no reason to worry about your son... Haggi's just a bit excited to see a kid again," He seems to tactfully ignore the comment on his age. "She'll give him back as soon as she's done feeding him, so please get away from the kitchen?"

Haggi sees that Atticus is going towards the door, and picks him up with a pinch of the cheek. "Do you miss your mommy~? I can give her stew too!" She starts towards the door with powerful strides.

Actually, the redhead didn't really know where her compatriots were or that the building was a bar, but if tropes held true then they'd be at the bar anyway. It was the best place to go looking at any rate. Heading back down the street and not into any alleyways this time, they make it to the door of the tallest building in town. Pushing the door open, they see a bunch of sort-of rowdy patrons, a grey, mottled cloaked bard on stage, and a soldier-type sitting with a raven on his shoulder, staring at nothing.

Over behind the counter a large woman carrying a red-cloaked tiny thing bowls into a rather attractive woman who was pining at the door.

Catherine's wish is granted, to a point, as Atticus is now out of the kitchen and in front of her. The large woman looks confused and laughs goodheartedly as she offers to help Catherine up. "I'm sorry, my dear! No one's supposed to just be standing there, I hope you're not hurt!"

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Heinrike

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:23 am »
"I'm quite fine, ma'am." Catherine smiles and scoops up Atticus into a hug as he starts to head over towards the table where Thanatone and Earnest were, much to the boy's chagrin. "Hey there, my lovely little boy~ Did Miss Haggi feed you well enough?"

Atticus's otherwise confident, if slightly annoyed, expression melts into embarrassment at the totally unnecessary affection. "Y-yes. She fed me cookies and 2 glasses of milk."

"Well, that doesn't sound like much, but then it doesn't take much for you to be full, does it, my little sweet~?" Catherine replies as she nuzzles the boy's cheek, causing the boy's blush to turn about as red as his cloak. Catherine giggles softly.

Earnest flies over to Steve. "Ah, Miss Stephanie, you've returned, with company I see. And who might this be?" the large raven turns to the Dwarf, and does a bow. "Earnest the fourth of Raven Court, At your service."

Spoiler

Offline Pal

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 01:55:09 am »
The bird does not have far to fly, as the redhead starts making her way over to the knight. As the raven pauses to introduce himself to ajax, steve continues on to the table where thanatone is seated. She slaps his shoulder softly with the back of her hand. "Learn anything?"

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 02:01:18 am »
"A talking Raven that actually bows... Now i've seen everything..." Ajax mutters as he stares dumbfoundedly at the bird.

"Name's Ajax, I'm a Dwarf of the Iron Mountains. I'd shake your hand, but considering you're a bird you don't exactly have the capabilities..."

Offline Heinrike

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 03:36:13 am »
Earnest lights on the Dwarf's shoulder "Quite alright. And, not to sell my advantages over the common raven short, we are a proud, intelligent species and can mimic languages, most especially common, but I am able to speak and bow and carry on complex conversation, among other mannerisms not 'normal' for a bird, on account of being not just a regular raven, but also a wizard's familiar."

Spoiler

Offline Merne23

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2017, 02:27:17 am »
The large woman almost resists Catherine from snatching the child away, but settles for putting her hands on her hips and a humph. She then tells the boy off before going back into the kitchen. The boy nods and gets back to work serving the patrons.

Thanatone snaps out of his daze and rolls his shoulder, his armor clinking together. "Not much that I can say, beyond the fact that this air of livelihood should be throughout this town. I do not like it."

The bard's music stops for a moment as they retune their stringed instrument, bringing the background chatter and clatter of the other patrons of the tavern to the fore. Insults and compliments, talk about the fallow crops, and laughing at jokes that the outsiders don't understand. There is now only one of the group that's gone missing, though whether any of them actually mind his absence is debatable.

Ajax isn't paid any particular mind in the tavern. It was probably because the others inside were there to distract themselves and took it as par for the course. It lacked the familiar traditions of a proper, dwarven tavern but he supposed it got the jist of it right. Gathering under one roof to share a brew with friends and bonding over it. The bard begins to play once more.

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Pal

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2017, 03:06:35 am »
Steve looks around the room, then back to the door she just entered a few moments earlier. "Where's the other one?"

Offline Heinrike

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 12:34:18 am »
Catherine saunters over to The group, carrying Atticus. Atticus dusts his robe off and distracts himself with a few tiny conjured fireballs dancing across his hand as soon as the Succubus-in-disguise sets him down. He glances over at Steve. "You mean Caius? He went to do his own thing. Kinda foolhardy in my eyes, but then that seems to be one of his defining features." He looks over at the Dwarf and Earnest in turn. "I see you've met My familiar. Ajax, was it? And what was that you told me about talking to strangers, Earnie?"

The bird scoffs and retorts "I am 24 years your senior, young man. I may do as I-!" The rest of the bird's words are silenced.

Atticus sighs. "He always forgets that I'm his master. Now, Ajax, are you here to join the group or did you just randomly follow Steve?"

Spoiler

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 01:05:00 am »
"A wizards familiar eh? I suppose that explains a lot. Though I have to question the choice of a Raven... No offense by the way." Ajax replied.

"As for why i'm here, well Steve thinks we have a common enemy in the creepy blokes that have been wandering around. I've a sneaking suspicion they're what brought me to this area. I also suspect they have something that belongs to me and unfortunately I don't have the strength to get it back myself."

Offline Pal

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2017, 04:43:51 am »
"Yeah, him." Steve looks at the door again, after the kid tells her what she needed. "Any idea where he went?"