Author Topic: Death Note Mafia - Signup Thread  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Geocorn

Re: Death Note Mafia - Signup Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2017, 09:53:31 pm »
Ya see?  I'm not in cahoots with anyone.  Not in communication means not sending messages OR receiving them.  Keep on doubting if you like, but statistically it becomes less and less likely with each piece of new information.  Way to let everyone know earlier, Gamer... jeez.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Games of Mafia typically do not permit direct references to GM confirmation in game, regardless of veracity of claim.  You've done so already and it's not something you can take back, so I'll leave it to Elvis to decide what to do about this, if anything.

I thought we were only prevented from directly quoting private communication from the GM? Merne was just repeating names that were confirmed by Elvis in the beginnings/ends of the days, which I thought was fair game since we all see those communications?

Online Revontulet

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2017, 09:58:23 pm »
My two cents is that one cant penalize unless the individual DM has said something explictly previously, or a set of rules, be it pan forum or per game are stated.
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Merne23

« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2017, 10:04:57 pm »
* Merne23 scratches his head.

I'll stick with Evils' decision on this, whatever the case may be.

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2017, 10:23:09 pm »
I had noticed this as well and wanted to bring it up, but decided that since nothing was actively quoted, it can just as easily be straight lie.

It is a bit cheap to say "well the GM said this so believe me about it" though.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2017, 10:39:46 pm »
I thought we were only prevented from directly quoting private communication from the GM? Merne was just repeating names that were confirmed by Elvis in the beginnings/ends of the days, which I thought was fair game since we all see those communications?

This fact was revealed to me by the 'Game Master' themself, and is beyond reproach. As I have said, L and I have been in constant communication this whole time.

As I said, it's typically considered good mafia etiquette to avoid this discussion at all.  I've seen different GM's handle it differently, so I'm not passing judgement. I'm just pointing out that in a game of lies and intrigue, it's poor form to say "the GM told me so".  In fairness, the original rules I do have specifically note quoting the GM, but paraphrasing isn't quite in the spirit of the rule, per my interpretation. 

Again, it's all up to Elvis what he wants to let fly in his game and what he thinks is a concern.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:41:51 pm by woolyshambler »

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2017, 11:12:08 pm »
Hmm. I won't say one way or another if that's something I said; if he's lying, it's not a violation of the rule against quoting the GM, and if he's not, it's not an outright violation of that rule to a degree I would feel requires punishment. That said, I'm not terribly interested in punishing people at the moment, since, ignoring the possibility of this being one instance that deserves it- as I will neither confirm nor deny it to be- there are at least three instances where I could point to people being in violation of one rule or another in this game. That said, I don't believe anyone is doing anything for the sake of lowering others' enjoyment of the experience, and I know everyone's a little rusty, given how many months it's been since the last game here.

Perhaps we can discuss everything more fully once the game ends, and it might be best to bring up certain matters regardless, but for now, this is my ruling.

That said, if I do feel anyone has done anything that I would consider cheating, or that I feel I can't let slide, there will be punishments- either in this game, or potential exclusion from future games that I may run.

Please be on your best behavior~ Or you'll learn exactly how Evil I can be.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2017, 05:27:41 am »
* WeAreTheMeta ignores Elvis ominous word to get on his head

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta