Author Topic: Death Note Mafia - The End  (Read 5008 times)

Online Elvis Strunk

Death Note Mafia - The End
« on: September 15, 2017, 06:00:28 pm »

Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
The End

Kira Task Force Headquarters. A mysterious, spacious building, from which several of the most intelligent people in the world have engaged in a struggle to defeat the mass murderer dubbed by the public as 'Kira'.

On this day, the building is entirely empty, save for twelve individuals, each asked to come alone, equally unaware of who the other inhabitants are. Directed to individual lockers, they each find a note, scrawled in the familiar handwriting of the world's greatest detective, L.

Without question, they each do as instructed, donning an outfit suspiciously similar to that of the Japanese Police Force, as well as a helmet likened to that of riot gear. Knowing the abilities Kira possesses, none of them need question why.

The next step is to head toward the meeting room. One after another, the members open the door, stepping inside to find others seeming exactly like them. From boots with expanded soles, to padded clothing, it seems L planned everything to a T, making certain that every last one of them appears the same size and shape.

As uncomfortable as it might at first seem, it has become impossible to tell who is who. As they speak, they find that even their voices are scrambled via a small device near their mouths.

Right after the last of the twelve settles into the room, the door clicks shut- and lockdown begins. Heavy steel bars descend from the ceiling, blocking the only exit possible. Right then, the monitor located in the far end of the room powers to life, L's symbol displayed amidst static.

A distorted voice begins to speak.

"I appreciate you coming here today. Those of you still alive, I ask that you continue to dedicate yourselves to catching Kira, no matter what happens. When we leave this building, it must be with Kira in custody, with enough evidence to convict."

A pause, as the room fills with a foreboding silence. The clock on the wall ticks as each second passes, and the twelve find themselves glancing between each other, as if to ask just what L was thinking. Before a word can be spoken, the broadcast begins again.

"Kira is here. Of this much, we're certain. Recently, I uploaded criminal information to the database with coded messages, inviting Kira to come here and settle this. The proof of this should be in the number of people standing around you. I'm certain it doesn't match with the number of Task Force members."

With that bombshell, the screen shuts off, a different screen lighting atop a nearby table, bearing the same insignia. However, it's what is illuminated in the glow that really surprises.

"This is the Death Note, the item Kira uses to kill. After the defeat of the Yotsuba Group, I managed to discreetly recover and study the item. Cross-checking names and dates, as well as the rules written, everything matches. While we cannot eliminate the possibility that more than one book exists, we can be certain this belonged to the original Kira at one point, and he no longer possesses it."

Indeed, right on the table, in front of them, sits a Death Note, there for anyone to reach out and grasp. As they focus on it, 'L' begins reading out some of the more basic rules written within, explaining how it works.

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die. In this context, it has been modified to be capable of killing one person every night- an unblockable, undetectable kill. Anyone may use the Death Note if it is in their possession during the night, by simply writing down the name and alias of any other member gathered here. During the day, you must democratically vote on who will keep the book during the night. As for your alias..."

A slot opens on the front of each member's uniform, revealing a seemingly meaningless codename.

Alias List
1: Geocorn
2: woolyshambler
3: Gamerjunkie
4: Merne23
5: Arraxis
6: Pal
7: Meliran
8: Jynx
9: Revontulet
10: Duke Rockhopper
11: Verthand
12: WeAreTheMeta

"At the same time, we are the Task Force. If remotely possible, we would prefer to capture Kira alive and bring him to justice. During the day, you may vote either Guilty or Not Guilty for anyone else here. If someone is deemed Guilty, they will be arrested, but not killed. Effectively, this will remove them entirely from this competition. If you manage to arrest Kira in the entirety- as we cannot be certain how many people hold that moniker, after the Third Kira incident- the exit will open and you can all return to your lives."

Another heavy, mortifying pause, as the clock chimes to signal the hour. With that, 'L' exhales, a final, heavy breath, and speaks his final words to the twelve.

"If you've heard this message, I am likely already dead. I hate leaving this burden on your shoulders, but catching Kira has always been the most- the only important thing. Whether you trust me, believe me, or consider me a fool, know this. I hope you all make it home."

With the faintest trace of emotion, plain to hear even through the scrambled words, 'L' falls silent, and the screen shuts off, leaving the twelve gathered to figure out their next step.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to arrest.
Deadline: September 16th 2:00 PM EST
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:02:13 pm by Elvis Strunk »

Online Revontulet

Re: Death Note Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 06:44:59 pm »
I understand that its still early in this investigation, but being taciturn and unproductive in the first day of a case is rather boring. So if it pleases the assembled caucus, lets let make a game of chance to determine who should first tell us what they know about Kira and why we should trust them~

This includes myself as well- wouldnt like things to get dull now should we ne?

Roll]1d12[/roll]

Updated: September 15, 2017, 06:45:56 pm
Lets try this again ~ blasted computer....

Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Online Meliran

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 06:55:43 pm »
I understand that its still early in this investigation, but being taciturn and unproductive in the first day of a case is rather boring. So if it pleases the assembled caucus, lets let make a game of chance to determine who should first tell us what they know about Kira and why we should trust them~

This includes myself as well- wouldnt like things to get dull now should we ne?

Roll]1d12[/roll]

Updated: September 15, 2017, 06:45:56 pm
Lets try this again ~ blasted computer....

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d12 : 9, total 9

A 9! That be you, foul creature! We must away ye!

Online Revontulet

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:03:11 pm »
Away with me? Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by that statement eh?

But as chance has shown, the spotlight is on ME. While it wouldnt help my position any to say Im clearly in the camp to bring Kira to justice,  if duch equity for the living truly exists, I will tell a bit more.  I have an ability to defend and protect and ill extend it to one of you should you be deemed trustworthy to my cause. Until such a time, Ill be looking out for numero uno.
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

Online Meliran

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 07:06:05 pm »
Away with me? Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by that statement eh?

But as chance has shown, the spotlight is on ME. While it wouldnt help my position any to say Im clearly in the camp to bring Kira to justice,  if duch equity for the living truly exists, I will tell a bit more.  I have an ability to defend and protect and ill extend it to one of you should you be deemed trustworthy to my cause. Until such a time, Ill be looking out for numero uno.

You defend and protect by killing those who would oppose you, sir Kira! :o

Online Revontulet

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »
lol Couldnt be further from the truth, Ms. Meg is it? Certainly intetesting for you to do so at this point, but Ill ask you not to make a mockery of this investigation with such brazen rhetoric and accusations. Way too early for that, we are but collecting info.

Online Meliran

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »
lol Couldnt be further from the truth, Ms. Meg is it? Certainly intetesting for you to do so at this point, but Ill ask you not to make a mockery of this investigation with such brazen rhetoric and accusations. Way too early for that, we are but collecting info.

I have all the info I need. The gods have rolled your dice as such, pointing the way to the truth!

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 11:39:15 pm »
To think one of us would manage to be that foolish, not only in the whole investigation against Kira, but even more in our current situation.
I shall let is slide by seeing it as your way to cope with the situation, but I strongly advise you to correct your behavior quickly.

(Question for Elvis:
Does voting for the death note owner wok the same way as normal vote, as in it's public here, or is it by pm along with night action?)

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 11:53:32 pm »
Reviewing the information provided by 'L' seems to indicate that those gathered must publicly decide who receives the Death Note each time.

Online Meliran

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 12:40:46 am »
I say Duke should have the note. Whenever there is something fishy, he gobbles it right up!

Offline Jynx

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 01:33:17 am »
Another among the individuals, responding to the nickname of 'Jynx', taps his gloved fingers on the table, apparently annoyed at the table's antics.

'That cursed item should probably stay here, at least until we've further examined the situation. It should not come as a surprise that none of us can be trusted, yet. However, it appears as well that we don't have anything to secure it...'

The man sighs. 'Very well. I decide to put my life on the spot; I will take the book, and promise not to use it. This should be quite easily verified, tomorrow. It's needless to say that I'm a member of the Kira Task Force; whether you believe me or not would be based on literally nothing but your own feelings, anyway.'

Death Note: Jynx

Offline Merne23

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 03:27:31 am »
One of the figures stands straightbacked, helmet turning to face each speaker in turn, though not fully. Their hands held behind their back formally, they watch the others begin to speak and act with an air of calm.

"Accusing the first to suggest transparency as being Kira is rather rash, don't you think? Unless of course you have something more to back your claim than your reaction to laying detective work to chance, in which case I ask you provide such evidence." They stretch a little where they stand, not breaking posture. "It is entirely possible that they are Kira, as much as it is you or I am. That's rather the point of the uniform."

They look fully to codename Jynx. "The only way to safely keep the Death Note out of anyone's hands would be if no one voted for its distribution at all, though of course that will likely not occur so long as Kira remains. I can understand the urge to keep it to oneself under these circumstances as well. Each of us is isolated from each other after all, save for perhaps Kira, only ourselves knowing where we lie. That is, of course, the problem with simply allowing it to pass into any one's hands on faith. As I said, each one of us has the possibility of being Kira."

They wave one of their hands in front of their face, almost bashfully. "Listen to me ramble. My apologies." With that they settle back to wait again.

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Jynx

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 03:45:48 am »
The man sighs, turning to the figure known as Merne.
'What you suggest is, in fact, impossible. I would like to keep the Death Note away from anyone's hands, including mines; but, as you can see, there is no way to keep it safe.'

(OOC. Go read Elvis' post in the Signup thread; if nobody votes for the Death Note to be assigned, it will be given at random.)

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 08:14:02 am »
As it happens, everyone here knows how this 'weapon' work. No matter who ends up with it tonight, unless they manage to learn of one's name today, it will be useless to them tonight.
I guess it is according to that reasoning that L made sure all of us weren't recognizable. If Kira was so powerful as being able to freely learn name of people hidden like that, it would have been a long time since this task force would have been wiped out.
As such, I certainly have no preference as to the ownership of the book as for tonight, the problems starting tomorrow.

On another note, Rev for sure might be the most trustworthy of us here. Having information known by everyone for sure is advantageous for us member of the task force, since while Kira probably just want to murder us all, we actually know that we have allies under some of these uniforms.
On top of that, when he was designed by himself in that twist of fate, he actually gave away information.
In conclusion, while I still believe it useless, I like more useless weapon in trustworthy hand than maybe not actually useless weapon in hand that clearly declare their intention to get it.

Rev should receive the death note tonight

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 09:03:15 am »
"This is all so confusing. If he says he knows who Kira is, why doesn't he just say who it is and get it over with? This all sounds like the setup to one of those Saw movies or something.
 Anyway, no-one should have that because it's dangerous! Seriously, what's with this guy telling us we're in a room with a killer and giving us his murder weapon to share around, and then go on to say to actually arrest him. If we can't give it to no-one, then I say give it to Meta. He selflessly nominated to give it to someone else rather than choose to take it himself. While Rev did leave it to chance, that still gave him a chance to get it himself. So, clearly someone who doesn't want it would be the best person to have it, right?"