Author Topic: Death Note Mafia - The End  (Read 5074 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: Death Note Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 09:22:36 am »
"I fear that thread of logic will not work here," muses another figure slowly. "We do not if Kira works alone or with others. One can safely assume the enemy has the advantage on the front of identity knowledge. As it stands, it is as equally likely that meta and revon are co-conspirators as it is a simple case of not wanting the weapon. On the same thread, one could argue that Meta acted thusly to acquire it for himself, predicting how his actions would be taken. Or in turn, that you or even I ally with him. Ultimately, we simply do not know."
He pauses for a moment to think, an idle finger tapping as he does.
"Many avenues of determining sincerity are open to us, but almost all will employ serious risk to one or more members gathered here. I realise keeping an open mind harbours hesitation however, and that throwing theories around gets us nowhere. As I see it, Revon's approach is the best. With no evidence to go on, choosing at random is the best choice for avoiding confusion. I shall vote likewise."

Rolled 1d12 : 6, total 6

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Online Revontulet

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 09:53:01 am »
Ahh, but choosing at ransom for what Duke? Care to elaborate? I only ask because Arra seems to misconstrue my attempt of  proffering information with random chance an attempt to accquire that foul book. And i think the record should be clarified lest lasy folks get lazy and skim over these important deliberations of the investigation.
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 10:28:38 am »
"It is my belief - as I am sure it is many of yours - that no one should have this book. The optimal solution as I see it is then to keep things as equality driven as possible. At this stage, when no one can determine anyone's alliance, giving a direct advantage seems awfully risk-riddled. By employing an element of randomness, it keeps things as fair as possible in that it prevents paranoia of suspected alliances, keeps everyone on good terms so that they will be more inclined to share information once gleaned and means that the playing field of the amount of influence we have over things is level with that of our enemy. Call it naive, or disillusioned even, but leaving things to chance seems most fair to me right now."

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Online Meliran

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 10:52:08 am »
"It is my belief - as I am sure it is many of yours - that no one should have this book. The optimal solution as I see it is then to keep things as equality driven as possible. At this stage, when no one can determine anyone's alliance, giving a direct advantage seems awfully risk-riddled. By employing an element of randomness, it keeps things as fair as possible in that it prevents paranoia of suspected alliances, keeps everyone on good terms so that they will be more inclined to share information once gleaned and means that the playing field of the amount of influence we have over things is level with that of our enemy. Call it naive, or disillusioned even, but leaving things to chance seems most fair to me right now."

See, this man is always able to find what is fishy and gobble it up! If, that is, he is a man at all, and not some penguin in disguise!

In either case, Duke should possess the note tonight.

Offline Pal

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 02:51:21 pm »
The one whose nametag reads 'pal' looks at the roll made by the one called 'rocky,' and then to the one who made the roll.
"I am afraid I must agree with this 'revy' guy. Just what is the point of rolling my number? Do you wish for me to hold the book for this evening, are you asking for information, or is it something else entirely?"

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 02:54:38 pm »
"Your question confuses me. I did not roll your number, I rolled a number which happens to pertain to you. And about what are you agreeing? The only thing he has asked is my reasoning, and I have given it. I don't think I need to say anything that hasn't already been quite clearly said."

Offline Jynx

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 02:57:25 pm »
The man shrugs.
'I see really little, or none, issue, with whoever gets hold of the Death Note, as long as they maintain their statement that they will not use it on this first night. This should be self-evident tomorrow.
I am fine as well with keeping the votes variously distributed, so that whoever gets the Death Note is chosen more or less randomly. Do remember, however, that it is a very risky game - the true Kira could tip the balances in the right direction at any moment. Then again, we have no clues on Kira's identity at the moment; and the same action of tipping the balances could prove to be his undoing, if he, or she, ends up doing that and we correctly interpret that move.'

Offline Pal

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 03:03:41 pm »
"Your words might seem clear to yourself, or even in a court of law. However, here, they are as transparent as a muddy river stirred by storm."
The figure lets out a sigh, distorted by the voice changer.
"All I ask is that you speak what you mean, and not muddle it with pointless drivel."

((In other words, "I just got up about an hour ago, and can't make out what you said, pengu."))

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 03:35:04 pm »
"Leaving things to chance seems most fair to me right now."
(In essence, this ^)

Online Meliran

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »
How can we gather any information should we leave things to chance? We must be targeted and refined in our approach! Is that not what L would have wanted?

*Smacks hand on table*

... that hurt more than I thought it would.

*Goes to get an ice pack*

Offline Pal

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 03:37:55 pm »
((So...you mean you want me to have the dn? Maybe we should continue this in char? XD))

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 04:45:09 pm »
"I do not mean to say to leave the entire proceedings to chance. Heavens, no. Merely that right now, we don't know anything and don't have evidence one way or the other to make a well backed-up decision. Tomorrow, we shall hopefully have more to bring to the table, which will allow us to make informed choices in future voting sessions."

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 06:04:20 pm »
The first day of confinement ends reasonably enough. With no real method of investigation, locked up together as they are, the members can do little more than discuss the obvious, and speculate on the rest.

Eventually, an alarm blares out, alerting them that something is happening. With the sound of metal scraping against metal, the bars blocking the door begin moving upward, soon enough leaving the twelve to exit as they wish.

While they're free to move about, within the dimensions of the Task Force Headquarters, they quickly find that similar blockades keep them from being able to truly exit the building. Heavy, reinforced bars block every window and door, without fail.

While the building wasn't technically meant as a living space, the fact of the matter is that various members had ended up staying there many nights for the sake of investigation, and they have a general idea of where to go for privacy and relaxation. One by one, the members retire to their temporary quarters- but not before coming to a decision regarding the Death Note.

As no general consensus was reached, they choose one person randomly from those who received votes, and it is Jynx that takes it with themselves to their room.

With everything settled for the day, the night dawns in full, leaving the members to their secret acts, be they for investigation, or slaughter. One thing is certain: when morning comes, there will certainly be more to discuss than paltry chitchat and idle words...

It is now Night 1.
Deadline: September 17th 2:00 PM EST. Please send your Night Actions to me within that timeframe. If you choose to do nothing, please inform me of that decision just the same.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 10:26:30 pm »
* Geocorn isn't paying attention
https://youtu.be/yzC4hFK5P3g

Offline Elvis Strunk

Re: Death Note Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »
Morning dawns bright, and far too early for those who didn't manage enough sleep. Still, it seems to bring good tidings, as all twelve show up to the main room without fail.

It seems nobody died last night.

However, a sense of foreboding still fills the air, as various members throw glances at each other. As the room locks down once again, another message plays, apparently pre-recorded by 'L'.

"For those of you still with us, I know the task you have been given is a difficult one, but justice must be carried out. I have faith that all of you will persevere, no matter what heartbreak and turmoil assails you. Remember, we cannot mourn those left behind, without losing more in the process. Defeat Kira once and for all, only then will you have time for tears."

The screen shuts off, leaving the twelve to talk among themselves once more...

Alias List
1: Geocorn
2: woolyshambler
3: Gamerjunkie
4: Merne23
5: Arraxis
6: Pal
7: Meliran
8: Jynx
9: Revontulet
10: Duke Rockhopper
11: Verthand