Author Topic: Death Note Mafia - The End  (Read 5009 times)

Online Elvis Strunk

Re: Death Note Mafia - The End
« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2017, 03:24:22 am »
Now opening discussions on the idea of Scummie awards for Death Note Mafia!

I've seen Merne suggest both Arra and I for one, and I'm personally thinking Arra and Rev made some pretty interesting plays. The latter could be a 'Double Edged Sword', since he blocked Kira from acting multiple times, but blocked the Detective from finding Kira multiple times as well- though it all still paid off in the end. Not sure what Arra's title could be, but causing that level of chaos, using such quick thinking, and manipulating and confusing everyone, seems worth an award~

There's also Elvis, since he made a game that seems to carry both the spirit of Mafia, and Death Note, but I'm not gonna vouch for myself; Elvis ain't that vain! Geo and Meg played their characters even to the point of not making optimal gameplay-based moves, and Merne stayed in character all the while scolding everyone and keeping them on track- intelligent and menacing all at once.

There's also the fact that wooly didn't act at all during the Night, and Duke's boldly claiming a name and title early on. All in all, lots of little things, but I wanna hear which you guys think are truly exceptional, and deserving of our glorious hall of fame!

Updated: October 07, 2017, 03:31:35 am
I suppose there's also the fact that Gamer basically discovered who both the Kira members were through his own actions, now I think of it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:31:35 am by Elvis Strunk »

Offline Merne23

« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2017, 03:32:06 am »
Hmm. maybe "Disciple of Light"? Or maybe "First is the worst, Second is better". Something along those lines for Arra, for being such a great Kira.

Rev being the Double Edged Sword would be pretty dope as well.

"The Shinigami of Life" for Evils, perhaps? He's already got Deathbringer the Adorable and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., but darnit this layout and how it played out was just so gripping.

I would be humbled to get an RP scummie out of this.

Hmm... Wooly could be "Like a Tree in the Night", harkening back to when he was a plant.

I also have no idea what quotes to use for any of these~

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2017, 04:23:28 am »
Anyway, I mentioned some of this on the Cbox, but I knew that Rev would know who I was pretty fast, because he's good, so we decided to look at him first, which didn't work because of Meli. We also decided to spend the first two days trying to gather names of people we thought most likely to cause problems. In the end, we decided to start by killing Wooly, because he was organising things really well and I wanted to disrupt that - and we didn't have Rev's name at that point. Also, he was the double voter so I wanted to control that ability. We were able to queue up day actions to make people vote certain ways, and I decided to take down Vert since it'd be easy to get an early lynch train going. This was against the advice of Pal, who was worried he might be Kira since we hadn't ID'd him. I figured the odds were good enough it was worth it to arrest the town roleblocker.

Oops.

I figured that there probably weren't any vigilante type roles and that the players weren't going to actually use the Death Note even if they could get names, so my objective was to cause as much confusion as possible and make the efforts of the town really hard to disorganise by having people fling out accusations and votes willy nilly. It didn't matter if they made sense or not - although I tried to ensure that they did - as long as people weren't able to band together. I had no idea there was a whole bloody town night chat thing going on. That was a rude discovery at the end.

We switched up the killer on Night 5 because I figured Pal would get blocked with how much heat he was getting. If I'd known Rev was the other roleblocker I might have not done this. Pal wanted to get rid of Rev here rather than Meta, since we finally had his name, but I wanted to get rid of the investigator since names basically equal alignment. I threw him under the bus because it would look suspicious if I didn't, and I hoped it'd buy me enough time to do something. I want to emphatically say that I hate Rev so much - in terms of the game, anyway.

Realising I was getting continuously roleblocked, I decided to just act like Jynx and Wooly. I knew that some of you were getting confused about what was going on with them, so I thought if I did that it'd confuse people and think I was not myself or at least an idiot rather than a villain. Also, given that Meta had proved that he could see names, he again seemed like a better target than Rev because if I made Rev my mind slave, Meta could still just point at me and say "She's Misa." and I'd be gone. I ALSO queued up commands for him to be suspicious of me, too. After Rev hopefully got arrested, I had Meta queued up to vote for me and to say that I was Misa, after he'd proven himself to be compromised by getting Rev arrested. That Town Network thing was really annoying for this, but again, had no way or knowing about that. Obviously I was also framing Duke by having Meta say he was innocent, myself saying he was innocent, and having Jynx spell out his name in blood. I didn't expect many people to fall for it, but it was just another part of throwing as many things at people to confuse into inaction while I hopefully wrote down names. Elvis was right in that little story at the end - I had all the names at the end so if it were a real Death Note and I could kill as fast as I could write you'd all be dead. But, alas, only one kill per turn unless we had the Death Note ourselves~

Anyway, it was certainly an interesting game, hopefully that clarifies a few things about what went on - and doesn't make things even harder for me in future games, given Rev's powers of deduction - and hopefully I'm Town next time. Feel free to ask more questions, thank you Elvis for running an interesting game, and thank you players for your participation. If Rev dies first next game I won't be surprised as to why - future Mafia, he is your true enemy~!

Offline Pal

« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2017, 04:28:25 am »
Behold, the powers of a super spy at work. *salutes revy the 007 of the forum*

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2017, 06:01:48 am »
I'm glad you were in the Kira side though. Like even watching the anime and knowing the Death Note could be used like that, it still for some reason just never clicked with me that was what was going on. That plan was just so brilliant. Rev probably would have figured you out quicker if you were just using the book for straight up killing lol.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2017, 06:12:57 am »
Pretty much the first thing I asked Elvis was "Can I use it to control people's votes? How about their night actions?" After hashing out a bunch of details, I wanted to make sure to use it as effectively as possible, by giving people reasons to vote a certain way that, if OoC, could at least be justified. It was interesting watching Wooly and Jynx try and convey that they weren't themselves and subvert my orders. I was not happy when they left a vote until the end of the day, and made sure that Meta was commanded to vote as soon as possible. Getting to control how they died was fun, too. I made Jynx write out a message on his death to make it look like he may have had an ability to point the finger at his killer. Wooly I just had him kill himself because he was independent and the suspicion on him might also make it seem like a negatrait, or would at least hold off on some questions. He was meant to kill himself a night earlier - hence why he was free to vote that one day - but I made a typo.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:16:25 am by Arraxis »

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2017, 07:41:10 am »
I had a hypothesis that you were lying in wait for somebody other than me to have the book so that you could frame that person. So I had already planned to vote for Merne to take the book the next night. Then there were the deaths sheet I was like welp, might as well stick with that plan I guess lol. But man you were so many levels deeper, makes my hypothesis seem like child's play lol. You acted more like Light than Misa with that scheming :D

Offline Verthand

« Reply #352 on: October 09, 2017, 01:30:41 am »
Oh this ended faster than i had expected. Gratz ppl for sending their night actions fast and Elvis for doing a good job hosting it up!

I had plenty of fun, for me its always very thrilling being accused and on the verge of being lynched like that. I guess i have some suicidal tendencies lol?

As Elvis said, i pmed him what i thought about the game, and i told him i knew claiming town roleblocker would make me suspicious right away for the exactly same reason wooly pointed out, but the thing is, at some point I thought there was no mafia or maybe a few members and Light Yagami and other characters would change alignment  after touching the Death Note. But revealing myself as Light Yagami would be auto lynch, so I did reveal myself as town roleblocker to make me suspicious, in hope the cop would investigate me, and by using my roleblock action i could easily prove myself as Town Roleblocker. Perhaps that would make me gain enough ppl trust to have the Death Note for myself, and see what would happen to Light yagami upon touching it. Here is my pm to him:

Hi Elvis,

I just want to confirm, that doesnt means Geocorn was killed right? Just that his identity was somehow revealed? That means he is still able to post?

I would like to take the opportunity to share my planning with you. If what I thought about some characters changing alignments upon touching the death note is correct, I think things are going fine for now, as long as im not indeed arrested.

By claiming town roleblocker while there was only one roleblocking in night 1 and possibly one roleblocking in night 2 was enough to draw ppl attention upon me, but not enough to have me arrested yet. For a mafia roleblocker, if there is only one roleblocker in game, claiming town roleblocker would look safe and easy to back up. All I have todo to prove my night power is roleblock the one accusing me after all. But then it leaves the matter of alignment. By drawing suspicious over me, I had hoped the investigator would investigate me and confirm that im indeed town alligned. That, combined with the roleblocking powers, pretty much puts the possibility of me also being a godfather away, thus then gaining town trust.

Trust that, if enough, could make me get the death note for myself, making me regain my lost memories and change allignment, to Kira.

But for that I need the detective to investigate me and post his result. Come on Geo or whoever the investigator is, where are you?

Also, I suspect wooly thinking the same thing, but he wants to gain town's trust by posting text walls to sum up what ppl said so far. But even that doesnt seens enough to make him get the death note for himself yet. Also, there is the matter of Arraxis, who has been RPing as Misa Amane, and Meliran, a weird watcher that cant see who targetted their targets.

Ah, this is indeed looking interesting... lets see how it turns out. At least, even if im arrested it waas worthy the fun. Quite the nice game you put up "L"

And Merne, if you were town why did u lie about me roleblocking you in night 3? My night result was clear that i successfully performed my action on merne. That would have dropped the whole issue. And Elvis, would something have happened if Light Yagami touched the Death Note?

I wish good luck for whoever gets Town Roleblocker next time, i have the feeling that role getting jynxed :P

Updated: October 09, 2017, 01:40:00 am
Oh I almost forgot... my greatest regret in this game was that I missed the perfect chance of sexually harrassing Arraxis (Misa) and getting away with it.

* Verthand hugs Arraxis furry tail and slaps Misa ass~<3
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:40:00 am by Verthand »

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline Merne23

« Reply #353 on: October 09, 2017, 01:47:16 am »
Oh it's really simple. I knew Rev was the Town Roleblocker already, so someone else claiming to be a Roleblocker was what I expected to be a non-nonsense Scum lynch.

Oops.

I also brought it up to the people that were already in the Town secret chat and, since we didn't know there were repeat roles, it seemed like the best course of action. Lying about getting blocked was the highway to your Lynch, as me being roleblocked meant you were telling the truth and were the town roleblocker. After all, nobody loses out by saying they were Roleblocked!

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #354 on: October 09, 2017, 01:59:03 am »
Elvis will confirm, if Light got the Death Note, he would have switched to Kira’s side~ I’d also like to point out how both Roleblockers, Light and L, separately chose to block Kira on the same night. Well done, gentlemen~

Offline Verthand

« Reply #355 on: October 10, 2017, 09:30:55 am »
Oh it's really simple. I knew Rev was the Town Roleblocker already, so someone else claiming to be a Roleblocker was what I expected to be a non-nonsense Scum lynch.

Oops.

I also brought it up to the people that were already in the Town secret chat and, since we didn't know there were repeat roles, it seemed like the best course of action. Lying about getting blocked was the highway to your Lynch, as me being roleblocked meant you were telling the truth and were the town roleblocker. After all, nobody loses out by saying they were Roleblocked!

Oh wait, does that means that if i revealed my character name i would get insta lynched, and if i revealed my role i would get insta lynched too?

OMG EVILS STRIKES AGAIN LOOOOL
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:34:15 am by Verthand »

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.