Author Topic: Rising Angels: Hope's Bonus Episodes  (Read 98 times)

Offline Arraxis

Rising Angels: Hope's Bonus Episodes
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:07:39 am »
I just finished reading the first bonus episode, and I'm definitely pleased with how things have started! I'll refrain from spoiling things in my opening post, but I thought I'd start a thread here so that people can discuss it! What they liked, disliked, what they think will happen, or is happening, that sort of thing.

Online Geocorn

Re: Rising Angels: Hope's Bonus Episodes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 08:29:28 am »
I really like Mildred. I might start shipping her with Kika. lol. Hopefully we see her in the Allegience arc? Eri was a lot of fun too. Dunno what to think of Odessa and Willow yet. But yeah excited for a free update with a lot of new assets! I really like how the artstyle of Hope contrasts with the artstyle of Reborn/Allegiance (Odessa still looks cool in Hope style). My negative critiques are I'm still going to keep complaining about the number of save slots lol, and my choices didn't really feel impactful (I guess that's the nature of being a shorter story though).

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 01:26:08 pm »
I would like to see Kika and Mildred compete against each other, certainly. I am horribly, horribly biased, but I quite like Odessa and am really looking forward to seeing how things go between her and Yoi. Also wondering what role Intelligence plays when Yoi actually tries to kill Lenna. It's also not the first time that an Intelligence operative - assuming Nat counts for this, anyway - has been sent on a mission beyond their capabilities. Did they not know the dangers Yoi poses and decided a rookie agent could go for some on the job training? Here's hoping she manages to one-up that sneaky Ranger in the next episode.

Speaking of new characters, Penumbra's certainly interesting too. I wonder what sort of dirt Odessa's got on her, given she was willing to trade that to Yoi. Serves her right for letting Yoi know she was unarmed :D. I like how Penumbra and Odessa are kind of the straight people on the team to the more comedic Eri and Willow. Eri REALLY needs to put some points into Wisdom on her next level up.

Then there was this:
Spoiler

Haven't checked, but I noticed a patch and some fixes in Hope, so I think this typo is fixed. I did notice one where one typo was fixed, but not the other. Anyway, Odessa working to protect her squadmate from Yoi's predatory ways, huh, and possibly having a crush on her? Guess the fanart Rev and I got may have affected canon a bit :D. I can't help but wonder what about what happened here:

Spoiler

I wonder if some fanart of what might have happened is in order... what role would each take?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:29:46 pm by Arraxis »

Online Geocorn

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »
And Chief having fun with Rev's utter disdain for Yoi lol. I thin Eri might be contagious since Faye got told about the bind date and wondered how a bind person could be a cadet lol

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 10:34:01 pm »
Don't forget where she got hung up on what you call a group of lions :D. Although Faye doesn't speak this out loud at least.

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:39 pm »
I really liked Penumbra and Mildred was refreshing. Willow seems very mischievous,  Tho the scene with Yoi x Odie was great stuff (mah poor bun bun ;_;).  Was super happy to see Mana get more screen time too. ^^
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Online Geocorn

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 12:21:17 am »
Just wish it wasn't such a throw away scene with Mana. But yeah I like other characters getting screen time even if it's not super plot relevant.

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 01:00:54 am »
Also, Odie is a great nickname for Odessa lol
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 01:26:43 am »
How do you pronounce that anyway? With a long O like Garfield's Odie? Or is Yoi more going for calling her odd, like Oddish?

And don't worry! Odessa will protect Joyce from Yoi's wandering hands! Probably. Unless Willow does something like lock them all in a dark room as per her self-proclaimed matchmaker role.

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 01:27:59 am »
I totally imagined it like Garfield's Odie :P

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 01:31:24 am »
That was my thought too :D

Online Geocorn

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 02:40:05 am »
Good thing there's not an orange cat girl or she'd keep getting kicked off tables.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 03:39:35 am »
Odessa's smarter than Odie, anyway, given she's got the second highest marks of her squad :D. Hey, that means she's beating out Kika~! Well, in overall ranking, anyway. Kika might place lower, but score higher for all I know.

Online Geocorn

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 04:00:33 am »
blasphemy to imply that Kika is not the best!

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 04:43:02 am »
Kika IS the best overall - it's just that Faye and Sol scored higher at the end of the year.