Author Topic: Moar Higurashi Time  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Moar Higurashi Time
« on: December 22, 2017, 08:07:45 pm »
I'm pretty sure that most people here have Higurashi by now, but for those of you who don't, or for those who know someone who doesn't, I have keys for the first two chapters knocking around and got nothing to do with them. They're free to any old good home, so don't be afraid to speak up if you forgot to get someone a VN for christmas yet~

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Elvis Strunk

Re: Moar Higurashi Time
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:46:13 pm »
Higurashi is the best~ Elvis would recommend to anybody who hasnít been able to give it a try yet! I mean Elvis owns all the Steam releases already, but hopefully someone else will be able to join in and enjoy the awesomeness that is Rika and also those other things I guess.

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 11:29:36 pm »
Send em my way and i'll give it a shot

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 03:22:48 am »
I'm only on the first VN, the second time photographer-kun shows up, Keiichi is helping Rena unbury a Colonel Sanders statue.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 03:38:04 am »
Kenta-kun is kyuuute! I'm gonna take him hoooooome~! OMOCHIKAERI~!

Also, don't forget to install the voice patches! They add a lot to the game and make it easier to tell who is talking - they should be able to be found in the Steam discussions pages for each individual chapter.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 07:33:00 am »
Sent em your way, Blackstar~ Have fun and try not to die! ^_^

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 11:55:42 pm »
Kenta-kun is kyuuute! I'm gonna take him hoooooome~! OMOCHIKAERI~!

Also, don't forget to install the voice patches! They add a lot to the game and make it easier to tell who is talking - they should be able to be found in the Steam discussions pages for each individual chapter.
Okay finished that section after I applied the voice chat. I do like having the voices.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 05:20:26 pm »
I just finished the first game. I definitely wasn't expecting it to end so like, definitively given how many sequels there are.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 11:41:33 pm »
The second chapter's really good :D

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 11:58:29 pm »
I had to get a patch from a different source on ch2 that included graphics, couldn't find one with just voice. Haven't launched it yet hopefully it works.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 02:00:09 am »
I really wanted to like Ooishi, I was thinking he was just gruff but actually caring, but after Watanagashi beat me l I'm thinking he really is uncaring after all.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 09:24:26 pm »
I just want to write down my thoughts now that I've finished the 5 that I can actually get my hands on because I feel so confused. I might also be mixing up what happened in which game since I'm writing this after playing all 5. I don't actually expect anybody to read all this I just wanted to write it down to see if it helps me make sense of it.
Spoiler
It seems like there are at least 4 timelines so far. It's not explicitly said if all the characters have the same past in each timeline. I'm assuming they all do have the same pasts, because everything seems to happen the same at least up until Rika losing her parents. But, maybe even the characters pasts are all different in which case I have even less of an idea of what's going on. I'm also assuming that the "rules" are the same in each game.

Onikakushi
So we find out Rena either has split personalities or has been being possessed by Oyashiro-sama. Mion also appears to become possessed (or maybe it's Shion?) We're not showing Jirou and Kiyo desecrating the shrine, but I think we're meant to assume they do. Keiichi starts getting paranoid and using Sotashi's bat. Interestingly, Rena and Mion seem to indicate Sotashi started swinging the bat around suddenly for not apparent reason (so in this timeline was he not on the baseball team? Or did they just somehow not know he was?) Keiichi has the symptons of being cursed, the feeling of being followed and the footsteps (could be paranoia). Ultimately this year ends differently, we have 4 deaths (Jirou, Rena, Mion, Keichi) and 1 disappearance (Miyo). It's really not clear why Keiichi was a target.

Watanagashi
Keiichi hurts Mion. Shion makes things worse. This time Jirou dies in the same way, but Miyo is also found dead. Oryou, Kimiyoshi, Rika, Sokato all die. We don't see any signs of Rena being possessed (that I noticed) but Mion seems to be. (Could also be Shion, or a literal demon). Ooishi says Miyo died BEFORE they sneaked into the shrine storage, and Mion died before she stabbed Keiichi and killed Shion. So maybe there are demons disguising themselves as human? Not clear if the part with Mion under the bed is meant to be reality or a hallucination. So possibly this year ended with no disappearances just deaths? Also Rika was found with a syringe like the one Mion and Rena tried to use on Keiichi last game.

Tatarigoroshi
We find out more about Satoshi and Sakoto. Sakoto's Uncle's mistress apparently dies, so he returns and starts being abusive to Sakoto. Apparently Shion dated Satoshi, and was manager of the baseball team even though she never did any work. Keiichi tries to help but authorities won't listen based on Sakoto's history of lying. I had been assuming up until getting a few scenes into this game that these were just all completely separate stories that happened to share a setting and characters, but this game makes references to events that happened in prior games. Keiichi calls Mion, asks her to take Sakoto to the festival and watch over her. Apparently Satoshi made the exact same call to her last year. He brutally kills the uncle, and is found by Miyo. Apparently Jirou is already dead at this point. Keiichi wishes death upon her and it happens. When Keiichi arrives at school, everybody is talking about attending the festival referencing what happened in the first game. Except we found out the difference was that Sakoto wasn't there. And apparently her uncle is alive. So, either Keiichi is delusional, there's a fourth timeline that Keiichi somehow slipped into, the girls all knew Keiichi did something bad so they fabricated an alibi for him, or there was a demon disguised as Keiichi in one of the places. So this time, Jirou, Miyo, and Rika all die, and I think just the Uncle and Ooishi disappeared? Also Ooishi is acting even more aggressive in this game, almost wonder if he was possessed too... After all that, swamp gas kills the entire village. In one of the games it was hypothesized that because Rika was the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama, her death caused this. However, several days passed in the second game after her death without the swamp gas disaster. So if the rules are the same that can't be it, or the Rika that died in the second game was a doppelganger.

Himatsubishi
We learn that Rika appears to have clairvoyance. Also, we see indications that she too becomes possessed. We learn a bit more about the three families. I'm not sure if this game takes place in a separate timeline like the previous games, or if it takes place on the same timeline as the third game.

Meakashi
So events happen similar to Watanagahsi but not identical, so I think this counts as a separate timeline. We learn about Shion's relationship with Satoshi, that might stay constant. But interestingly it's Shion not Mion who receives that call about Sakoto. So is that something that's different here, or perhaps it was actually Shion Keiichi called in the third game? Shion does meet Keiichi but this time he saves her from the thugs as opposed to when she saved him before, and this was their first time meeting. She seemed to be torturing Mion in the same ways. So it's essentially implied that in the second game Shion was the one doing all the killing but because the timeline is different, I'm not sure if that's true, or if it could be that Mion did it in the second game and she was doing it this game? Confirmed my suspicion that Rika was trying to kill Mion with the same drug as Jirou though. Also interesting, Mion was aware of the drug in game one (unless that was a demon) but seemed to have no awareness of it here. Shion thinks she's destroyed the curse but then finds out Oryou probably never had anything to do with them. So it ends similar to the second game, Keiichi gets freed, only one of the sisters gets found, Keiichi gets stabbed, "Shion" falls off the balcony. Then, it makes even less sense, Shion apparently awakes from a coma. So... was this all a dream? Were the other 4 games a dream too? Or maybe this epilogue is just a fantasy her brain concocted in her last moments of life?
No, writing all that didn't help lol
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 09:29:09 pm by Geocorn »

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 09:42:30 pm »
I read it~

Well, there are many things I could say, but most of them are spoilers.

I will say, everything does get explained as things go on! Including who knows what and who's doing what in each route. Specfically, the Tips also help as time goes on- for instance, I believe one of them outright rules out some events from the second and fifth chapters, happening in certain ways.

Also, the answer arcs tend to pair with a question arc each, with the first of them obviously revolving around the second chapter. Anyway, keep going, and you'll definitely figure everything out... as soon as the other chapters release on Steam, Hauauau...

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 11:13:05 pm »
I feel like the way there keeps being more time from one release to the next that I will be the same age as Ooishi before the eighth one comes out lol

Online Deeox2

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 08:19:07 pm »
in deeox's quest to do the art he drew elvis a rika

i think i'm gettin' places

Spoiler

* Deeox2 sits back and awaits the hate.