Author Topic: 2017 Summary  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Helrouis

2017 Summary
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:28:31 am »
Happy New Year everyone,

Helrouis here. It's been quite a while, and here's some progress to share:

We've been working under tight deadlines with Sekai Project, and the first draft (400k+ words!) is about to be completed this January.

We're also in the process of animating the sprites and converting the writing into engine-readable-script format, which Youko/our writer will edit along the way. 

Will you post more updates now that the writing is almost done?

Yes, definitely! We'll start by showcasing the new live2d animated sprites, as well as video recordings of some non-spoiler scenes pretty soon.

When is the estimated release date?

Our optimistic release date is August 2018. We should make it especially now that all members are active.

We sincerely apologize for taking quite some time. We admit we bit more than we could chew ^^;, but we definitely have no complains here since we've made it this far.We'll keep on going until we make it to the finish line.

You've made this project come to life, and we're confident that even with the amount of time has passed and trends changing, Sierra Ops will still do well on its own. It simply became a story that's not heavily influenced by any existing media anymore, and focuses more on the consequences of your choices in an out-of-nowhere war situation. The gameplay is challenging, the story is an experience worth playing blind, and the Sierra's crew members are very interesting in their own ways.

That's all for now everyone. Rest assured we'll get Sierra Ops done this year, and it will be done right.

Cheers,
[email protected] Team
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:06:52 am by Helrouis »
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Arraxis

Re: 2017 Summary
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:55:18 am »
I happened to notice that work started picking up again just before Degica ended their contract for Muv-Luv. Does that happen to be related to the new updates I noticed on Twitter?

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:32 am »
Cool!

Unlike Arra I'm not much on twitter, so I didn't even realize the pace had picked up again. Anyway, I look forward to the finished game! Take all the time you need!
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 08:07:04 am »
I happened to notice that work started picking up again just before Degica ended their contract for Muv-Luv. Does that happen to be related to the new updates I noticed on Twitter?
Hey Arra, I still have a job somewhere not-so-obvious.
But yeah we became active again for simple reasons - praise Discord workspace (and whips) ;D
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 11:22:10 am »
Haha, yeah, Discord's pretty great. I think Slack is a little bit better as a workspace, but Discord's very good as well.

Offline Youko

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 01:25:49 am »
It's mostly discord and me finally having time to work again after a really tough semester of school.

Mostly discord, though.

In general it allowed for the team to get together and actually discuss aspects of the game that needed some reworking etc with the insane word count I unreasonably threw out. That in general gave everyone a lot more motivation to see the project through to completion so naturally the speed picked up. That said, it would have gotten done sooner or later, but sooner is always better. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:28:26 am by Youko »

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 02:34:06 pm »
What does this mean? Well, as you can see from the rest of her posts, the first draft of the story is done. That doesn't mean there isn't more to do - side stuff, for example - but this is a pretty big milestone. With any luck the editing process goes by smoothly and competently and the game gets another step closer to completion!

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 10:17:24 pm »
Nice!

440k only for the main story is pretty massive too.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 01:12:25 am »
I'm curious how much of that you'll see in a single playthrough, though, and how much is slight variations due to branching in dialogue choices.

Offline Youko

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 09:16:24 pm »
There are definitely a lot of minor variations for very specific things (hence why I think it would be nearly impossible to 100% this), but the majority of the word count is invested in character-specific scenes based on your relationship with your chosen main friend.

While the plot is largely linear (think Mass Effect or any other narrative driven AAA game), there are a lot of things you can do to change the progression of things and what information you're able to uncover.

I'd estimate that per-playthrough the average person would probably read approximately 150k-200k~ ish words from the main story alone, maybe less. It's hard to calculate because even individual characters have many alternate scenes with different relationship states.