Author Topic: Valentine's Day 18 Contest - Best HS Waifu/OTP  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Revontulet

Valentine's Day 18 Contest - Best HS Waifu/OTP
« on: February 06, 2018, 05:29:31 pm »
Valentine's Day is once again upon us, and why it is a day many of us (ie: me) get stuck blowing money on 'romantic' stuff lest I get force to sleep in the dog house (sorry Winter) - it doesnt have to be that way for YOU ALL. Sure its a Hallmark commerical holiday, but it doesnt mean theres no romance right?

Thus, in the spirit of the holiday, Id like to mobilize the forum to...show me just WHO/WHOM is the best Hyperspace Waifu or OTP for Valentines 2018.

Thats right, show your love for a HS waifu or otp via art (original or commissioned), a story, or something else and yours truly, Revy, shall judge (And I will juuudge you) accordingly.

The prize: One item (Worth $50 or less) from Tokyo Otaku Mode, Steam, or art.

When: The winner will be announced on White Day 2018 (March 14, 2018).
Deeox2 [Feb 14, 2018, 08:33:51 pm]:   I KNOW WHAT SEX IS
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.
https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline WeAreTheMeta

Re: Valentine's Day 18 Contest - Best HS Waifu/OTP
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:35:04 pm »
This is the story of the best asexual waifu of the multiverse :

Arraxis.

Nothing else is needed. Just by summoning his name I made the most awesome thing ever, that's how great he is.

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:03:02 pm »
Nobody ever picks me for asexual waifu *pouts*

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:06:33 pm »
Quick question - must it be related to the Shrine, or can it be other things as long as it is waifu themed? Also, if people chose, are husbandos allowed?

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 08:10:26 pm »
Of course Arra. It just has to have some connection to forum activities be it FGO/rpgs/shrine/VN games/etc.. Husbandos are ok.
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 08:25:34 pm »
Four times in which Pluto doesn't get hurt (and one time she does).
The girl sits at the edge of her bed, staring into a large mirror, her legs hugged tightly against her chest. "Is this... really all right?" Her nerves have been getting the better of her for the last several hours- perhaps days. Ever since that moment, when she stared into the abyss and been forever altered.

The oddity catches her attention again, as it has more and more frequently, lately. Her eyes, yet not. The irises tainted, altered into a shade of pink not unlike a flower. "This is me, isn't it." The sight still unnerves the child, for reasons she can't explain. She shuts her eyes, exhaling softly.

A hand touches her shoulder, an arm wrapped around her back, and someone pulls her in, holding her close. "It's all right," the soft voice murmurs, and she doesn't need to open her eyes to see the smile on her friend's face. "You're you, and that doesn't change just because you look different, or call yourself something else. I'll love you just the same, so don't look so down, okay?"

Opening her eyes, the girl offers a shy smile. "I know," she says, biting her lip. "I love you too, Beth." Her voice trembles slightly; she isn't used to saying it yet. Even if the meaning isn't the same between the two of them, right now, together like this, it feels like enough.

The woman squeezes her shoulder softly, before standing up. "That's right, so no more bumming around here. You'll be heading to the Lyceum soon, right? If you want to make a good impression, you need to get ready." With a confident stride, she heads toward the door, but the girl reaches out and lightly grips her sleeve.

"Are you really okay with me leaving?" She sounds scared, nervous, and wonders if perhaps her oldest friend's feelings might be what's truly holding her back. "You stayed here, for me... after all... I don't want to leave you behind now."

Beth's hand brushes her cheek, tenderly. "You're not leaving me," she says, kneeling down. "You're going to be a hero. A maid. Fighting to defend everyone, including me... it's a wonderful thing. I only wish I could go with you. But this, no. You're going to be so much more than Jack and I could ever dream of being. It makes me so happy. And it's not like we won't see each other again, you know."

With a smirk, she kisses the girl's forehead, the contact lingering for a moment too long, as if to say, 'in spite of that, I'll still miss you'. It's Beth that grips her hand this time, helping her up and leading her to the door. "Now, come on. I'm going to make you beautiful! That's my guarantee! So no dilly-dallying, 'Pluto'."

The child blushes at this, unable or unwilling to form a coherent response. It had been her choice to come up with an alias, in the end, but she still felt a little silly whenever her friend actually used it. She'd decided that, if she were starting this new chapter of her life, she should be loved or hated through her own merits, not from association with her family's name.

She takes one last look at the room she and Beth had been sharing for the last couple months, knowing she won't be sleeping here tonight, nor the foreseeable future. Tightening her grip on the woman's hand, she tells herself again that this is for the best, and walks out the door.

---

Sitting on one of the old wooden chairs, in what passes for their kitchen, the girl squirms awkwardly. "Is this really necessary?"  She continually fights the urge to cover her bare chest with her arms, not that she has anything to hide in the first place.

"We don't want to mess up your clothes," Beth says, rubbing solution into her hair, vigorously. "Just trust me, all right?"

'Pluto' nods, before catching herself, mumbling a quiet "Yes" instead.

"All right, now we just let it settle, and... tada!" She grins, and holds up a mirror for the girl to see the results. "I told you I'd make you look beautiful. What do you think?" As the solution, high-tech if not top-of-the-line, finishes its work, the child finds for formally blonde hair dyed a soft, soothing shade of pink. Gently, she runs a lock of it through the tips of her fingers, finding them already dry, and feeling just as healthy as before.

"It's wonderful," she says, earnestly. This part had been Beth's idea- as had the majority of the makeover. She knew the child enjoyed dressing up and looking pretty, but she held herself back too much to ever bring it up herself. At the same time, she was well aware of how the alterations to her eyes were bothering her. So, the woman had gone out of her way to come up with an entire transformative makeover that would draw people's attention to her entire figure equally, rather than just her eyes, while also making her feel a bit better at the same time.

"I'm glad you like it," Beth says, pinching the girl's cheek softly. "Now go get yourself washed up; you want people to wonder where you've been all their lives, not why there're pink stains running down your back."

"Okay." She stands up, hesitating for a brief moment. "Um... thanks, Beth. It means a lot." Swallowing her nerves, she moves forward, wrapping her arms around the woman. She feels a hand, patting her head, and closes her eyes.

They stay like this for a time, before 'Pluto' finally pulls away. "I'll be back," she says, rushing off to the shower to get herself ready for what's coming next.

---

"...The only way to live with burdens such as yours: Live Free. Live Beautifully.  And the day shall never come that you will not look to tomorrow fearlessly.”

The Captain's speech finally winds down, leaving the entire crowd to silently process the meaning of his words. The girl finds herself shaken, slightly, as the clapping starts from the crowds surrounding her. Follow the speech, the man is replaced by the figure of a seemingly much happier, energetic young woman, moving the proceedings along smoothly.

The maids, all strangers to the girl, are brought up one by one, introducing themselves to the world. She feels her stomach turning, her anxiety threatening to get the better of her, standing there waiting for her turn while wearing a flowing, strapless dress and nearly nothing else. She resists the urge to bite her painted nails, takes a deep breath, and forces herself up onto the podium.

For a moment, as she gazes out into that massive, glaring crowd, she almost loses herself. Old memories rush to the surface, alongside the nightmares and insecurities she had thought forgotten. As she tires to speak, she finds her voice failing her, her thoughts churning in circles. What am I doing here? Is this really what I want? What do they think of me, standing here like this?

It lasts only an instant. Eventually, she finds what she's looking for: the face of her friend, almost buried amidst the rest of the crowd. Beth is waving rapidly, to draw her attention, and she looks so proud that 'Pluto' almost wants to cry. She closes her eyes. Settles her nerves. And begins to speak.

---

The last of the maid's introductions comes to an end, a few minutes after the child finishes her own. She's still shaking slightly, and wondering if she'd fumbled any words without realizing it, but everything seems to have worked out. She'd tried to walk away from the other maids after her speech, but found herself swarmed with excited and curious girls, all wanting to get to know her better. It was almost overwhelming, but she remembered that making new friends was one of the things Beth had said she should do. That it would be good for her.

Even though she flinches slightly each time someone accidentally touches her. Even though she doesn't have answers for any of their questions. She manages to make it through the barrage without any mistakes.

It's at this point that the next announcement is made, revealing their means of traveling to the Lyceum. The Zephyr descend from the heavens, inviting the newfound maids into the depths, but 'Pluto' freezes. Some of the others notice, and she feels certain they're talking to her, but none of their words register. I can't do this, she realizes. For all of her attempts to try and be better, to open up and believe in other people, when it comes down to it, she can't escape her own fear.

"You'll be late if you keep this up," Beth leans down from behind her, whispering in her ear. 'Pluto' jumps, wondering what the woman had broken free of the crowds and how she managed to make it over here. "You've made it this far. I know you can go the rest of the way."

"I only made it this far because of you," she says, staring at the ground in shame. "I could never have done any of this... and you won't be there. I won't... see you..." She shakes her head, weakly, and holds back her tears. She'd told herself again and again that she wouldn't cry; she can accomplish at least that. For Beth's sake, if nothing else.

"You're wrong," the woman says, cupping the girl's chin in her hands and moving her head up until their eyes meet. "You chose to come this far. You did that. Maybe I've helped you, but I couldn't have done that unless you had the strength to make it this far to begin with. I'm not the one that will need to fight, and I'm not the one that stood in front of that crowd, nor the one that woke up this morning and decided she wanted to help people. It's always been you. So don't look back, and don't hold yourself down anymore. I'll always believe in you."

'Pluto' feels her composure break, and she nods, weakly, unable to refute her friend's words, even as the first of her tears slips down her cheek.

Beth wipes the tear away, smiling sweetly. "None of that, Sweet Pea. Your friends are waiting for you. You aren't alone, so don't cry. Look. They're all here."

Pluto follows where Beth's pointing, toward the ships. There, in front of her, she sees them, all watching her, calling out, asking her to join them. Beatrix, telling her that she's strong enough to do anything she has to. Maho, promising that they'll definitely be friends. Katherine, hoping earnestly to learn more and more about her life. More of them. Sylvia, Andromeda, Cordelia, even Lola- all beckoning her toward the future, and the happiness she can find there.

"But they're not you," she says, voice shaking.

"I'll always be with you," Beth answers, her voice both sorrowful and loving, all at once. "Always. So go. We'll see each other again, when the time is right."

Trying as best she can to gather her resolve, Pluto nods, wiping at her eyes, and takes the first step away from the past... then another, and another, until she finds herself standing in front of the open door of the Zephyr. The hands of her friends and allies reach out, guiding her onboard, safe, sound, and secure. As the doors begin slowly sliding closed, she turns back, to catch one final glimpse of Beth before everything changes.

Her friend isn't there.

Somewhere, deep inside, she knew that, of course. She hadn't been, for a long time.

With a soft, sad smile, 'Pluto' sits down, strapping herself into the Zephyr and waiting, for the next stage of her life to begin.

---

Within her room, deep inside the Lyceum, Pluto wakes up. The sun is still set deep below the hills, only the tiniest sliver of moonlight breaking through the window. For a moment, she lays in place, dazedly trying to remember the dream she'd been having, and why her chest hurts so much. Yet it fades, as most dreams do, into a vague memory of something that might have existed, in some other time or place. Soon, even that will disappear.

She stares blankly at the soft, faded object, hugged to her body. 'Flynn', the teddy bear that had been the first gift she'd ever been given. Battered, and almost falling apart, but still here and bringing whatever comfort it could. She wonders if the same couldn't be said of Pluto herself. A distant voice, an echo of of words that had never been spoken, reaches her from the back of her mind.

"You're going to be a hero. A maid. Fighting to defend everyone... it's a wonderful thing."

She holds the bear just a bit tighter, closing her eyes and trying to erase the hole she feels inside herself. She'd felt like this before. Felt so much worse. And bad dreams were nothing new.. But she had always pulled through. And she isn't alone, not truly. In the morning, she'll wake to a new life with her new friends, and things will be okay.

"So go. We'll see each other again, when the time is right."

She curls up, imagining there's a hand, clasped in her own, a soft voice, whispering in her ear. She imagines what her life could have been, and lets herself go. Back to sleep. Back to the life that awaits her now, and everything she can be and do because of it.

This time, she doesn't cry.

Semi-canon.

"I'm sorry."

Online Deeox2

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 09:26:54 pm »
* Deeox2 clutches at his heart.

Rude.

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 12:18:25 pm »
As a reminder, V-Day may be tomorrow, buuuut the contest goes for another month still.

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 08:42:44 pm »
As a reminder, V-Day may be tomorrow, buuuut the contest goes for another month still.
That's good because I haven't quite finished this Yoi/Jinx/Odessa entry.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 08:51:37 pm »
* Geocorn can't wait

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 09:10:38 pm »
Whoa, the Chief appears!?!

* Revontulet promptly shoots Yoi!

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 10:03:16 pm »
Maybe it's not too late for me to commission a pic of Yoi playing with Jinx' ears...

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 10:06:59 pm »
Jynx might want to stroke Yoi's ears too

Offline Jynx

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 11:18:53 pm »
Jynx might want to stroke Yoi's ears too

I certainly have no desire to get in physical contact with Yoi .__.

I do not know about Jinx, though that's best left to Chief.

Offline Pal

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 12:03:20 am »
Greetings on this mafia murder day.

You can find my entry(ies) in the vortex section. Just make a compilation of all my deaths.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers