Author Topic: The Universim - Kickstarter  (Read 1373 times)

Offline The Loli Assassin

The Universim - Kickstarter
« on: May 20, 2014, 03:46:29 am »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crytivogames/the-universim?

I've mentioned this game a couple times before, but since it's in it's final days of funding (about 4 days remaining) with just over $25,000 left to fund, I thought I make an actual topic for it.

It's a god game with a massive scope and interesting looking gameplay. Check the Kickstarter page for more details.

A few details that seem to be often overlooked:

No DRM or microtransactions, all DLCs will be free.

No internet connection is required to play.

Alpha is planned to be released by the end of 2014 to those backers who have pledged $30 or more with beta ($20 or more) and release ($15 or more) versions following in 2015.

Finally, here is the Kickstarter trailer for the game in it's full HD glory, note that the first few minutes of the trailer are in engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MvjJMQ2I84
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Ledabot

Re: The Universim - Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 04:03:01 am »
It looks good and everything but truthfully, I'm not too interested. Needs more Sola clones maybe.

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:26:01 am »
Heh, I haven't got that much cash to swing around and I can't really trust this will turn out great.
I love the concept but I can't put that much trust into a developer.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 04:54:04 am »
Sola clones

Unfortunately, we can only provide our cloning software to those that give us exceptionally large amounts of money, not those that need exceptionally large amounts of money. Of course, the entire amount they need would barely scratch the surface of how much our company spent developing this system, but the point still stands.

Besides, I have little need to play God, as creating such a perfect replica of such a perfect being can be nothing less than a Godly accomplishment.

We also have no money, as everything goes into buying food for the near-infinite army of assassins/cute girls. Therefore, we will not be able to donate the necessary funds.

Offline The Loli Assassin

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 05:08:27 am »
Well the game does have an editor that you can use to modify the look of your citizens, so you could, in fact, have a civilization of Sola clones.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 01:02:02 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crytivogames/the-universim?
Alpha is planned to be released by the end of 2014 to those backers who have pledged $30 or more with beta ($20 or more) and release ($15 or more) versions following in 2015.

So in other words, alpha/beta in 2016 and release in 2017?  Gorchnik has projects backed from as early as 2012 and none of them have even gotten to alpha/beta yet much less release.  One thing you learn about Kickstarter projects is that the creators and developers almost never hit any of their date deadlines.