Author Topic: General News  (Read 10313 times)

Offline DesertFox

General News
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:04 am »
Creating a topic that covers general news rather than artwork or music etc.

Currently, I'm working towards a demo release by the end of June/beginning of July. The battle engine is being developed and sprite artwork for this is being worked on. Hopefully a beta will be ready in the next few weeks. This also means that a Steam Greenlight campaign will begin based around the demo. A trailer is also planned along with a general release of the theme song so look forward to that!

I realize that not much information has been released other than some screenshots and artwork, and some general summaries about the game and the characters. Hopefully the demo will give everyone a better idea of what to expect from the project. I'll also aim to update more frequently on the forums and other places, including Kickstarter and individual backers. Apologies if I seem a bit slow on these fronts. I understand communication with your audience is important (especially your backers) and I seem to have fallen behind a little. Just know that I am working hard to make sure it's a really fun and expansive game, and sometimes I forget to keep you guys informed.

This week I've personally been writing a mixture of fun scenarios, such as beach trips and shopping trips. The game is shaping up to be a fun mixture of war, dating sim and rpg. I've also worked on some UI elements such as the bonus CG gallery and music room, as well as an encyclopedia in the game to explain the universe of the story.

For the backers among you, here's a few bullet points to show what's been completed so far within the budget:

-Character Sprite Artwork
-Character Chibi Artwork
-Original Backgrounds
-Infantry, Bazooka, Sniper, Tank Pixel Art Sprites
-Pixel Art Tiles
-Original theme song
-Programmed tile engine
-Website for the game
-Other promotional art assets
-Kickstarter takings/tax

And some of what's still to come:

-Original CG artwork
-Dakimakura covers
-Wallscrolls
-T-shirts and other merch
-Official wallpapers
-Voice acting
-Full and completed battle engine
-And of course . . . the completed game itself!

Links
Official Website:
http://war-girl.com/

Social Media:
https://www.facebook.com/mylittledictator
https://twitter.com/wargirlgames
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5VssKh7T-QdTxBjXy4D-RQ
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

Re: General News
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:50:29 am »
Sounds great. Can't wait to see more. I'm going to play the hell out of this game once it's finished and it is going to be awesome.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 02:20:17 am »
Can't wait to see the T-shirt design :)

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:25:41 am »
I can't wait for the release

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 03:45:34 am »
I wonder what is the estimated date of release :D

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 04:22:49 am »
Good to hear thing are progressing smoothly :)

I don't suppose your programmer has his code up on github or similar?
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 04:17:54 pm »
Late to the thread again... You have me excited as usual. Voice acting still to come aye. I wonder if the VAs will be doing accents.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 06:16:42 pm »
Good to see you guys getting excited :) Got to make sure not to let you down!

I wonder what is the estimated date of release :D
Once I get a few more things confirmed, I'll let you guys know a demo release date :)

Good to hear thing are progressing smoothly :)

I don't suppose your programmer has his code up on github or similar?
I don't believe so, no.

Late to the thread again... You have me excited as usual. Voice acting still to come aye. I wonder if the VAs will be doing accents.
It would be fun to see VAs doing British, French, German, Russian, Italian accents (and everything in between). I think I'm more for finding the transatlantic accent. Not quite American but not quite British - a sort of neutral English accent. At least for the main girls anyway; NPC background characters can sound as ridiculous as the VAs would want to make them.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:20:14 pm by desertfox »
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 02:48:02 am »
Gorchnik can't wait to teach these girls what it means to be a TRUE dictator.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 04:27:11 am »
Make a hidden route where the mc takes over the world and kills all the girls..... What is this Led! This isn't your RP! That's way too dark!

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 08:14:09 am »
Make a hidden route where the mc takes over the world and kills all the girls..... What is this Led! This isn't your RP! That's way too dark!

call it the Lannister route
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:06 pm »
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't watch Game of Thrones (I'm guessing that's what this references?)

I could make a Heisenberg route instead...
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 02:56:07 am »
My idea is copyright Ledabot. I didn't get it from GoT but I've been in a dark mood with all the eva stuff and madoka stuff I've subjected myself too.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 06:48:33 pm »
General News Update #2!

So, things seem to be trundling along okay. The biggest update in the past week has been the battle engine. I've only put up one or two screenshots and they don't really betray much about how the engine operates. The basic attack functions are in place for Infantry, Bazooka, Sniper and Tank, along with a Heal function for the Medic. Other things like area attacks and additional choices are being put into place now. It doesn't appear in the screenshots shown, but a UI card system is in place to show information for each unit such as HP, MP, SP, Attack, Defense etc. Currently it's very much about building blocks being put into place. And of course, it will look better with finalized art and animations.

As for the story segments of the VN, well, they're being typed up and programmed in as before. Currently working on some of the less WW2-like elements. Really, this game does become more and more ridiculous as time goes on.

CGs are being churned out a slower rate. My main artist is currently doing a lot of work for CDS and their doujin events, so it's eating away at his free time. All the background art has been completed now, and the majority of the music is compiled. I've been trying to incorporate more military brass band, after going back and rewatching Girls und Panzer. Since not all of the artwork will be completed before I want to get a demo out, a more simple trailer will be made for the demo release rather than the OP one.

As always, if you have questions, do ask!
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 07:33:05 pm »
Glad to hear that (almost) everything is progressing smoothly, but what the heck happened to Hitora? Is it odd that I find her cute like this?

In my opinion, the crazier everything gets, the better, so feel free to have giant penguins running around with laser guns and exploding bananas.