Author Topic: General News  (Read 10310 times)

Offline MasterFail

Re: General News
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »
Sooo... of course, the big question regarding this picture is: What's Nega-Hitora's opinion on bathing suits?

On a more serious note, would you say you already reached that magic moment where everything is looking to come together, or are you still in "omg so much work what should i do first this will take forever"-mode? ^^

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 08:07:29 pm »
nega-hitora

HAHAHA  ;D
I don't even know why but I think that's the funniest thing I've seen today!
(╯į□į)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:29 pm »
Sooo... of course, the big question regarding this picture is: What's Nega-Hitora's opinion on bathing suits?

On a more serious note, would you say you already reached that magic moment where everything is looking to come together, or are you still in "omg so much work what should i do first this will take forever"-mode? ^^
'NEGA-HITORA HAS NO NEED FOR BATHING SUITS'
(I think she means she goes commando, although don't take my word for it)

Oh no, I'm definitely still panicking on a daily basis. I just make sure to set a certain word count to try and reach each day and go for that. There are some sections that run beautifully though so I'm not too worried about the direction it's headed.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:37 pm »
after going back and rewatching Girls und Panzer.

XD

I like that show way to much. I want more than just an OVA. I almost want a national season with cold war era tanks.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 11:45:12 pm »
Nega-Hitora......

What the absolute christ? Gorchnik can feel the evil radiating from the very pores on their body.  This is most.......excellent.

Offline MasterFail

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 12:44:09 am »
Gorchnik can feel the evil radiating from the very pores on their body.

Now, now, not every clone is automatically evil. Don't just look at the red eyes and grey skin. Or the laughter (maybe someone just told a good joke?). Open your mind and let go of your prejudice! No, her bathing suit preferences absolutely aren't clouding my judgement, why are you asking?

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »
Hi guys!

Not much to report I'm afraid since I've mainly been writing and trying to learn how to use After Effects for some typography.
However, there's a new design for the MLD logo so I'll post that here. It's a bit more colorful now!

The demo keeps getting pushed back as more features are implemented into the battle engine. I guess that's why I've had time to write and program more lately.
One of these days it will be ready, one of these days...
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 10:26:46 pm »
Looks interesting, if a bit goofy. Not that this is a bad thing, of course. I like how all the letters in LITTLE are different sizes. That's the type of atypical design we need to see more often!

Offline Peo

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 09:07:26 pm »
Looks interesting, if a bit goofy. Not that this is a bad thing, of course. I like how all the letters in LITTLE are different sizes. That's the type of atypical design we need to see more often!

I agree 100%~ it's "cheerfully goofy" if such a thing even exists. xD

@desertfox:
Let's be honest, if you need more time to complete the demo, then you need more time.
You got our (or atleast my) money because the idea is awesome and I'm more than willing to wait.
Just make sure that you don't do a Duke Nukem *shudders as he remembers the pain*

In glory for Hitora~!
Spoiler
I got bored of waiting, so I decided to "Conquer the battlefield with Yamato's childhood friend" a bit sooner ;P

(Updated version of the twitter post, better quality for the skin and historical gun)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:09:00 pm by Peo »

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 11:21:17 pm »
Just make sure that you don't do a Duke Nukem *shudders as he remembers the pain*

That Duke Nukem finally released, albeit not a very good game.....

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 11:46:22 pm »

I agree 100%~ it's "cheerfully goofy" if such a thing even exists. xD

@desertfox:
Let's be honest, if you need more time to complete the demo, then you need more time.
You got our (or atleast my) money because the idea is awesome and I'm more than willing to wait.

In glory for Hitora~!
Spoiler
I got bored of waiting, so I decided to "Conquer the battlefield with Yamato's childhood friend" a bit sooner ;P

(Updated version of the twitter post, better quality for the skin and historical gun)

I wana put her on my warthunder tanks now, but that would mean changing out my GUP skins. Oh the dilemma.

Offline Peo

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 01:04:55 am »

That's an understatement. ^^
Although I guess I have to blame myself being hyped to some degree.

I wana put her on my warthunder tanks now, but that would mean changing out my GUP skins. Oh the dilemma.

I'm too lazy to do the trial&error placement for WT tanks atm, but once they add the detailed skins they already have for planes
I'll be sure to do the same. ;)

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 01:17:36 am »

That's an understatement. ^^
Although I guess I have to blame myself being hyped to some degree.

I haven't play that game, and don't plan to. So, I assume it's not as bad as people said....

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »
NEWS UPDATE:

Okay, so Iíve been rather behind on producing general updates and tend to pop up on the chatbox or on social media with some screenshots and asking for advice. Time to alleviate any worries if people think itís all gone a bit quiet.

In the past two months, a lot has happened with the game. Three new characters have been introduced Ė Goebbels, Goring and Donitz. Each plays a unique role and they act as fun gag characters also. Goring and Donitz are there to run you through air and sea battles, whilst Goebbels offers advice and cute jealousy!

There are now plans for sea and air battles in the game. Pixel art for ships and planes has been commissioned and is being slowly worked on.

Now a lot of people are wondering Ė where is the beta? Why hasnít there been a public release or even a demo version since the Kickstarter? We see screenshots, goodies and mentions of things being improved or expanded upon Ė whereís something that I can play? Well, this is the tricky thing about having deadlines. They tend to get pushed back. Initially I was aiming to have a beta release in the summer but that never materialized due to lacking necessary artwork for the battle engine. Without the artwork, the battle engine cannot be implemented to run that artwork, and without a battle engine, a public release canít go ahead. Since the battle engine has become such an integral part of the game, I want to make sure itís all implemented properly before releasing a beta. The upside Ė the beta should hopefully include enough content to keep people interested until the final release or any other impending releases. The downside Ė until that artwork arrives, I still cannot determine a deadline for beta release. There are also some issues Iím trying to work around with new updates to ReníPy, but that should be sorted soon.

There are so many interesting things going on with the project and plenty of things I want to keep a surprise until the beta release and the final release. Until those go ahead, I want to keep most of them secret. I know itís frustrating, but believe me, if things go right then the payoff will be worth it.

Iíll try to do more general updates, but as I said, itís hard to do when thereís still no beta to go. Until that time, all I can do is keep you lightly informed on what Iím writing, send some screenshots and bits and pieces of artwork.

DesertFox
*awoo*a
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2015, 04:41:06 pm »
WarGirl now has a Patreon for those of you who want to support our projects in development on a monthly basis!

Back for updates and goodies, and to help support our games in development!

https://www.patreon.com/wargirl

DesertFox
WarGirl Games