Author Topic: General News  (Read 10311 times)

Offline DesertFox

Re: General News
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 09:38:16 pm »
Happy New Year from WarGirl Games!

Alot has happened over the past year! Lot's of new characters, new features, new scenarios! We released our first title on Steam and have established ourselves more solidly in the EVN community! Thanks for your support and we'll see you in 2016!

DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »
Love this picture depicting some of the cast, much of them less well known. Who is the collared girl with the red ears in the middle, next to Cyrano?

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 11:30:22 pm »
Happy new year too fox. Hope that this year is the one in which we finally see My Little Dictator.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
Still working hard, coding and writing when we can. As you guys probably know, I'm employed full-time as a designer now so it's a struggle spending all day doing graphic work and coding, only to come home and do graphic work and coding >_< But it's something I want to work on and release so I won't be giving up!

Lots of new artwork is still coming through in the form of backgrounds and pixel art. I was contemplating commissioning some additional cartoony CGs for the game just to give it some more quality, but for now, we'll continue as we are until we get more work done on writing and coding. Music continues to come in too. It's really a case of putting in the hours and making the damn thing run smoothly.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try my best to answer them. I feel like expectations around MLD are going to remain pretty low until we get a polished demo out, but once it hits, I think it's going to make people happy. One aspect that's still a problem is the battle engine, since we just can't get it right. I'm trying to improve upon my own skills some more and try to pick up the load there. It's all about time management now, really. I'm handling many aspects of the game and having a low budget over the past year has made it difficult to make the game I want it to be. Now things should pick up as more assets come in and it all builds.

Thanks for the support, as always. This forum has been pretty understanding so far. I'll try and do my best to make a game you'll all love >_<
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Pal

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 06:38:01 pm »
Yay for loony tunes reference! XD

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 09:23:12 pm »
Well, I think after so much time we can wait until everything's done. Just keep going~
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 02:33:14 am »
Personally don't mind the wait. Take as long as you need to make something you can be happy with, and don't get too stressed out, if possible.

Offline Pal

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:36 pm »
...and don't get stressed out.
Fixed it, evils. :P

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »
...and don't get stressed out, unless you think you can sue your employers for the heart attack and re-route that money into building MLD
Fixed it, evils. :P

Double fixed it :D
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Pal

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2016, 09:35:28 pm »
XD

Offline NEET Detective

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2016, 05:06:35 am »
Just want to hug you guys for making it available on Paetron. Only found out about this game's existence a few weeks back and was sad that I wasn't able to find it sooner. Looks promising and I hope to continue throwing money at it until its eventual release~
NEET Detective Agency
It's the only NEET thing to do.

"Human emotions are ambiguous. A person can have contradicting feelings. I know how they are capable of creating lies and pain when reflected in the real world. That's why we have words. Words are brutally precise. They give form to feelings while mercilessly killing anything left unsaid." - Alice

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2016, 05:57:31 pm »
Just want to hug you guys for making it available on Paetron. Only found out about this game's existence a few weeks back and was sad that I wasn't able to find it sooner. Looks promising and I hope to continue throwing money at it until its eventual release~
*Sends an army of undead soldier waifus to the generous NEET*

Thank you for supporting the game! I hope it delivers and will make sure your contributions go on making the game even better.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline NEET Detective

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 05:40:27 pm »
Even in death they continue to be moe~ Though I'm pretty interested on what sort of easter eggs you have planned out if at all. If you aren't so on them just insert lolis, you can't go wrong with lolis.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:38:31 pm by NEET Detective »
NEET Detective Agency
It's the only NEET thing to do.

"Human emotions are ambiguous. A person can have contradicting feelings. I know how they are capable of creating lies and pain when reflected in the real world. That's why we have words. Words are brutally precise. They give form to feelings while mercilessly killing anything left unsaid." - Alice

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 06:06:30 pm »
just insert lolis, you can't go wrong with lolis.
I feel this is good advice no matter the subject~ Elvis concurs.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2017, 07:27:51 pm »
It sure has been a while...

This Summer has involved a lot of new work, fun and games, as we push forward with My Little Dictator. Locked away in a study, Fox has been hard at play, coming up with all kinds of fun new scenarios, battles and character arcs.

Scenario writing and proofing focused on several periods this summer - The Battle of Norda (Norway), The Battle of Franzo (France), The Gyptan Campaign (The North African Campaign), The Grecian Campaign (Greece) and plenty of dumb non-historical stuff. Both are very unique and interesting campaigns. With this focus on including some historical reference and parody, it's been difficult deciding how paths branch and decisions are made. Once the player begins to leave some semblance of a recognizable timeline, the game becomes somewhat more fantastical. So far, we've managed to keep branching paths following a similar form of timeline with choices affecting character interactions and some smaller theaters of war. As such, there are a few false endings and quick branches to prevent too much of a secondary timeline emerging.

A lot of work was done on icons and insignia for the multiple infantry, mechanized and aircraft divisions of the war. Many of these are tweaked from their original counterparts, which could be fun for any amateur historians familiar with the different divisions. Along with this, a command structure is in place to show the player the layout of Hitora's Inner Circle and the government of the fictional reich.

Some more structure for the dating sim elements was worked through so it's a little more complicated to choose routes. This extra difficulty will hopefully make it more of a challenge for the player.

The battle engine is now getting a decent boost and being pushed forward with new team members. After issues with coders leaving the project and overcomplexity in the engine, we've tried to simplify it down to its most basic elements. It will be more of a parody element, like the rest of the game, used to poke fun and enhance the sillier aspects of the story. Pixel art continues apace, with new tanks being made. This month alone saw finalized art for a SOMUA S35, Char B1/B1 bis, FCM 2C, BT-42 and Matilda, Infantry Tank Mk.I, A11.

Thank you to everyone for continuing to support this project. Sorry for the radio silence the past few months. This game has plenty of fans and more opportunities should be taken to communicate, take on board ideas and provide grounds to build and test more.

We hope you continue to support our games in development and that we continue to make games you’ll love!

DesertFox, Main Developer
DesertFox
WarGirl Games