Author Topic: Ren'py setup advice (OSX)  (Read 667 times)

Offline mbeemer

Ren'py setup advice (OSX)
« on: July 13, 2014, 02:03:42 am »
I seem to have broken something with Ren'py on my OSX desktop.  Sunrider will run in my desktop's Windows VM (and on my OSX laptop) but when I run it on the desktop OSX it appears to ignore mouse input (I can make menu selections with the keyboard).  It also draws screens with a black bar across the center briefly with each update.

I may have corrupted something in one of the support directories while I was tinkering with the Ren'py dev kit.  I recall reassigning one of the directories, and I may have made some other adjustment.  Is there a way to scrub all Ren'py related files and settings so I can start over from scratch?

I know I should go burrowing through Ren'py forums, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone has a helpful idea.

Offline Vaendryl

Re: Ren'py setup advice (OSX)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 02:17:57 am »
I seem to have broken something with Ren'py on my OSX desktop.  Sunrider will run in my desktop's Windows VM (and on my OSX laptop) but when I run it on the desktop OSX it appears to ignore mouse input (I can make menu selections with the keyboard).  It also draws screens with a black bar across the center briefly with each update.

I may have corrupted something in one of the support directories while I was tinkering with the Ren'py dev kit.  I recall reassigning one of the directories, and I may have made some other adjustment.  Is there a way to scrub all Ren'py related files and settings so I can start over from scratch?

I know I should go burrowing through Ren'py forums, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone has a helpful idea.

if I were you I'd delete everything in the game folder except other folders. that means all the .rpy and .rpyc files and a few others. then you can drop everything from the 4.2 patch zip in there and it should work.
if you're messing with the ren'py sdk I'd just delete everything and download the sdk again. it wouldn't take much bandwith.
if you've done that you could take the game folder and drop it into the sdk folder and you should be able to launch it as a project.

beats digging into files trying to fix it manually.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:20:02 am by Vaendryl »
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline mbeemer

Re: Ren'py setup advice (OSX)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 01:37:36 am »
Huh!  I zipped up a couple of directories with copies of the Ren'py sdk in them and still had the same problem, then googled and found I could choose between renderers.  While I was experimenting with that I discovered that I still had the problem but it went away when I switched to full screen mode.  Wierd - I'm sure it wasn't an issue the first couple of times I ran it...