Author Topic: The almighty SPAM TOPIC!  (Read 973806 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: The almighty SPAM TOPIC!
« Reply #9330 on: September 05, 2016, 11:13:17 pm »
BMU, I can't believe you spouted that bullshit about only being able to see in 30fps... That is categorically incorrect, there is no framerate limit that you can view.
I was under the impression that the human eye refreshed 24 times per second? 30 FPS can still look janky though since your eyes aren't going to be synced to the screen.
I've always wondered about this. Because I (and indeed I imagine most people) can clearly see a difference between 30 and 60fps. So what's the answer, in the right wording?

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9331 on: September 05, 2016, 11:27:55 pm »
Dunno, I can't find a source, so that might be something somebody made up and I assumed was true. I also had heard that if the framerate get too high, that can cause headaches (which makes no sense whatsoever to me)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #9332 on: September 05, 2016, 11:31:14 pm »
Dunno, I can't find a source, so that might be something somebody made up and I assumed was true. I also had heard that if the framerate get too high, that can cause headaches (which makes no sense whatsoever to me)
It might be to do with an artificial source creating something that's too close to real life. HD has similar effects sometimes, and it reminds me in a roundabout way of methods of getting carsick, but that's probably irrelevant :P

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #9333 on: September 06, 2016, 05:31:20 am »
Quoting thing I just found

I have done academic courses on cognitive neuroscience at the university of Utrecht (Netherlands). It all depends on the training a person has had. Fighter pilots have been recorded spotting 1/255th of a frame. That's right: 255 frames per second And they could give a rough estimate as to what they've seen.
Edit: seanalltogether took the time to post a source (220 fps and they could identify the aircraft). Edit2: Seeing that my post is the 2nd hit on google when looking for 'max frames per second eye can see', little add-on: This research went looking for the temporal gaps that people could perceive, I'm linking to the result diagram.. The figure about vision is a box-plot. The average population would perceive about 45 frames per second (nice going HFR movies). But on the other hand, you have 25% of the population who will percieve more than 60 frames per second, with extremes going to seeing temporal gaps of up to 2 ms. Which is insane. When I wrote my replies and the first post, I did not know about this research. New conclusion: By far most of the human population (test in USA) will see more than 24 fps, only the extremes will see just the 24 fps or less (we're going towards visualle impaired elderly). More than 50% of the population will benefit greatly from FPS of 45+. Trained fighter pilots can see even more, so training of the brain might just be possible in perceiving a lower threshold of temporal gap.

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9334 on: September 06, 2016, 07:01:56 am »
BMU, I can't believe you spouted that bullshit about only being able to see in 30fps... That is categorically incorrect, there is no framerate limit that you can view.

Okay, I was tired, and I figured out where I goofed.

The 29.97 fps is for monitors and tv screens because of the original 60hz amps most American circuits output and the refresh rate. Stuff from film/animation while working on it. That's what I get for being tired while doing portfolio.

I'm sorry.  :(

Updated: September 06, 2016, 07:07:36 am
Oh, a minor note on the eye:

They eye sees everything and picks up everything. It's up to the brain to process this information and tell you if something is or isn't a threat, and if it saw it within the time it took to send that signal to your head. If we saw everything at every moment in time and remeber it, it could drive us insane from the amount of information our brain would see. Imagine remebering every beat of every hummingbird you ever saw, or the exact position of every milineter a car moving at 60mph does.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:10:14 pm by BITE ME UNIVERSE »
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #9335 on: September 06, 2016, 09:29:10 am »
The 29.97 fps is for monitors and tv screens because of the original 60hz amps most American circuits output and the refresh rate. Stuff from film/animation while working on it. That's what I get for being tired while doing portfolio.

What about 50 Hz devices from Europe?

Oh, a minorminor note on the eye:

They eye sees everything and picks up everything. It's up to the brain to process this information

This.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9336 on: September 06, 2016, 05:09:50 pm »

What about 50 Hz devices from Europe?

Yeah, I saw this coming.

Did a little research on this. It looks like it would be 25 fps.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #9337 on: September 06, 2016, 08:18:58 pm »
I have images for the image spam thread, but since I just posted I now need to wait to be able to post them O_O

Should have waited until I searched for image before posting...

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9338 on: September 07, 2016, 03:43:25 am »
I have images for the image spam thread, but since I just posted I now need to wait to be able to post them O_O

sux 2 b u. heheheh. Now you know my pain....

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9339 on: September 07, 2016, 03:54:41 am »
Well sometimes when it takes too long in a thread I give up on waiting and double post like I did last week.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9340 on: September 07, 2016, 04:06:33 am »
Well sometimes when it takes too long in a thread I give up on waiting and double post like I did last week.

I usually end up double posting, and somehow, no one posts until I go to bed....I wake up when everyone else SHOULD be awake and they DO wake up before me, but still, they post when I go to bed.

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

« Reply #9341 on: September 07, 2016, 04:10:00 am »
I'm bored. :P
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9342 on: September 07, 2016, 04:18:51 am »
Hi Bored I'm Dad

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9343 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:29 am »
Hi Bored I'm Dad

Hi Dad, I'm Dad.

And I currently feel really tired in my class and I want to go home. Fuck. I hate late classes, we're still going....like right now.....

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #9344 on: September 07, 2016, 10:38:28 am »

sux 2 b u. heheheh. Now you know my pain....

Senpai you meanie ;_;