Author Topic: Well, you said voice acting can fit here...  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Coga

Well, you said voice acting can fit here...
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:10:39 am »
Just something I decided to do while I was on my Aidilfitri holidays and waiting for my shitty internet to pick up so I can play ToR again :) If the reception's good (I doubt it), I might actually try to 'dub' the whole game, because I'm just that much of an attention whore. But seriously, if you see any avenue for improvement, by all means say so.

Command: Full Forward

Command: Repair Drones

Command: Vanguard Cannon

(Click pics for their corresponding dialogue)

Offline AkioKlaus

Re: Well, you said voice acting can fit here...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:56:08 am »
For somereason I imagine Kayto with a small beard with this voice...
and the voice feels bit loose tense overall. kinda feeling laid back.
other than that, pretty ok.
Still, probobally a recording problem, but it is hard to hear the words in faster dialogue, mushed in together.
(Although expecting militaristic rigid pronunciation might be to much. Kayto isn't veteran like Grey.)

to summarize-
30% increase in clear pronunciation
20% younger voice (?)
and 40% more emotion to the voice. (This is highly biased on how I imagine the scene tho. Sam would know better.)
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:46 am »
I have to agree with Akio. I can't hear you as Kayto. But I could hear you acting as one of the Veniczars. Keep practicing though. You're close.
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:19:08 pm »
Definitely a start.  Keep the practice going and maybe one day you will land a role on:

Sunrider: The VN: The Game: The Movie: The TV Series!

Offline Dangerousbuzz934

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:59 am »
Definitely a start.  Keep the practice going and maybe one day you will land a role on:

Sunrider: The VN: Gib The Game: Gib! The Movie: GIB! The TV Series! GIB!!!!!!

Offline Pal

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 01:49:50 am »
Gib?

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 02:09:47 am »
Gib?
you shouldn't encourage the unstable.
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Pal

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 02:19:01 am »
If it was Gibbs, I'd know what (or whom) he meant. 8)

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Coga

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »
I have to agree with Akio. I can't hear you as Kayto. But I could hear you acting as one of the Veniczars. Keep practicing though. You're close.

You asked for it  ;) Counts as fanfiction too!

The Veniczar's speech to the PACT, the eve of their great invasion:*

And as an added bonus:

*Was there ever a great invasion? Or did it start in dribs and drabs? Because if it's the latter- boy is my face red!

Who do you think you are, talking directly to me? Speak with my agent, I have no time for you, peasant!

:P

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 01:57:07 pm »
Much better. Just put a little more passion into what you're saying. This is your cause, your campaign. You are supreme leader of PACT. Your voice must project this. But you are so damn close to this I could almost see it. Keep up the excellent work.
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Coga

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 02:14:04 pm »
Well, I do have neighbours, and they'd be wondering what the hell was this crazy dude next to them ranting about ;D

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 02:16:52 pm »
Well, I do have neighbours, and they'd be wondering what the hell was this crazy dude next to them ranting about ;D

If noise ever becomes an issue,
try using egg cartons or anything that has curvy surface and place them on the walls.

Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Pal

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 03:54:09 pm »
Well done on the "added bonus." 8)

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 04:40:16 pm »
Who do you think you are, talking directly to me? Speak with my agent, I have no time for you, peasant!

:P

Now, now, now, that kind of attitude won't get you anywhere in showbiz.  You gotta woo the crowd and make them love every fiber of your being!

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 06:41:09 pm »
Screw the neighbors. Never squander talent. NEVER!!!