Poll

Who is you favourite character in My Little Dictator?

Hitora
7 (50%)
Churchill
3 (21.4%)
Cyrano
0 (0%)
Starin
1 (7.1%)
Rinni
0 (0%)
Zhukov
2 (14.3%)
Yamato
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: April 21, 2014, 04:24:55 am

Author Topic: My Little Dictator favourite characters ranking poll  (Read 10758 times)

Offline Oreo_Blue

My Little Dictator favourite characters ranking poll
« on: March 22, 2014, 04:24:55 am »
Everyone can vote, the result will be shown after 30 days, user can change their vote as long as the poll still active.

The cast:

Some info on the characters:
Hitora - The leader of Germania. Once an artist, now forced into politics. She is sometimes an arrogant girl, often sweet and sour, but her cuteness shines through. Her dream is to unite all of Europa under one banner, to prevent any countries being divided up over treaties. Based loosely on Adolf Hitler.

Churchill - The leader of Britannia. A sleepy looking girl, she is a worthy adversary and perhaps the one Hitora respects most. Intelligent, a bookworm, and always overworking herself. She commands a mighty navy and the island nation is a fortress. Hitora nicknames her Chinchilla. Based loosely on Winston Churchill.

Cyrano - The leader of the Franzo people. Once a commandant, she has won the hearts of the people and worked her way up to lead. Mostly interested in internal affairs, but a fierce fighter if confronted. Can be very sneaky and is known to lie. Based loosely on Charles de Gaulle.

Starin - The leader of Sovia and Hitora’s sworn enemy. A mysterious character with a height complex. Hitora describes her as a tyrant and a bully, and that despite her sweet looks, she is not to be trusted. Based loosely on Joseph Stalin.

Rinni - The leader of the Italia people. Rather boisterous and happy-go-lucky, although very clumsy. A useful ally to the Axis at times, and a good friend to Hitora. Based loosely on Mussolini.

Zhukov - Starin’s second-in-command, a fierce warrior. Based loosely on Georgy Zhukov.

Yamato - A Japanese teenager, he worked his way up from Footsoldier to General after fierce fighting in China. Following hospitalization after battle, he is called to Germania to become tactician to the dictator Hitora and help her realize her dream.

Offline Ledabot

Re: My Little Dictator favourite characters ranking poll
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:09:13 am »
I have to say Hitora looks the cutest to me. Till I meet the characters, I think she will be my favorite.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 04:28:29 pm »
That's why I open the poll for 30 days,and let people change their vote :D. Who knew if there will be new images or information regarding to these characters.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 04:51:16 pm »
Currently, I'm going to have to vote for Hitora. I liked her character quite a bit in the demo, and she does interest me a bit more than the others.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 12:15:35 am »
I think I might just like tsurime eyes better than tareme eyes... Just a thing i noticed after looking at this and some refection.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 12:59:20 am »
Sola and Hitora both have tsurime. Is it just me, or anyone else feels that Hitora looks like Kagami Hiiragi from Lucky☆Star?

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 01:14:21 am »
I've no idea what I'm talking about but Zukhov looks interesting.
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 01:19:16 am »
The girls here have have a larger head to height ratio from what I can see. They do look alike but I blame the eyes and long hair and the tv tropes page you would have read placing that idea in your mind.

Zukhov looks like shes seen some sh*t right. Being Starin's second, I can't help but think commissar executions and stuff. Placing my Russia stereotypes aside, it turns out Georgy Zhukov was a pretty bad ass guy.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:22:00 am by Ledabot »

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 01:21:38 am »
In my opinion :
Starin = Cosette
Zhukov = Icari
Rinni = Claude

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:44:09 am »
 I don't know what could show more clarity in the moe archetypes than such a diagram. We have short with a compex and gekkiko down fine but I'm not so sure about Icari = Zhukov. I though Icari was closer to tsundare which looks like Hitoras role in MLD. I don't really like shoehorning in characters into archetypes though. Better to let them start similar to an archetype but grow as the story goes on so we get something not quite what we originally thought they were.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 02:22:28 am »
Well, those are my first impression when I saw the pictures.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:36 am »
Better to let them start similar to an archetype but grow as the story goes on so we get something not quite what we originally thought they were.
which was Katawa Shoujo's greatest strength by far.
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 04:07:47 am »
 Bring that up depresses me.  :'( What you say is true though if a bit of a gritty dark version of them. I don't think it needs to be depressing or dark to make the characters better. You just need to add some more flavour for different situations. How would a real person act, seems to be a good question to ask ever so often. Your genki character can't be happy all the time. That’s exhausting. When alone they probably are much quieter. etc

Despite not playing much of it, I did play all of one route and that was pretty depressing going through that. Rin I think it was. That wasn't even the worst of it from what I heard.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:12:39 am by Ledabot »

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 04:09:18 am »
Bring that up depresses me.  :'( Despite not playing much of it, I did play all of one route and that was pretty depressing going through that. Rin I think it was. That wasn't even the worst of it from what I heard.
I think Rin's story was a bit more depressing than most, but each have their ups and downs.
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 04:53:11 am »
Bring that up depresses me.  :'( Despite not playing much of it, I did play all of one route and that was pretty depressing going through that. Rin I think it was. That wasn't even the worst of it from what I heard.
I think Rin's story was a bit more depressing than most, but each have their ups and downs.
I'd agree with that. Rin's story was a bit darker than the others. However, that's only counting the good ends. Some of them had some pretty depressing bad ends. From what I've read about them, anyway. Although, if a certain theory on Rin's bad end is true, she wins there, too.

Speaking of Katawa Shoujo, someone should totally create a topic for it in the Other Games section. Could lead to some interesting discussion.