Author Topic: Key Visual Novels on Steam  (Read 1019 times)

Offline AkitoHimenokoji

Key Visual Novels on Steam
« on: August 02, 2014, 04:26:21 am »
http://sekaiproject.tumblr.com/post/93470972966/attention-sekai-project-invites-you-to-participate-in

Take the survey and share the link please I really want to see some of these VN's on steam.

Offline magnaangemon01

Re: Key Visual Novels on Steam
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 04:32:17 am »
I took the survey myself. Doesn't take long. Like 3-5 minutes.
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Megillot

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 05:11:05 am »
Which novels to pick from the list? If someone already played them, do you have any recommendations?

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 05:47:54 am »
Clannad, Kanon, and Air are all tearjerker animes whose endings will make you cry, I can guarantee it. Out of all of them though, I would have to say Clannad has the most memorable characters.
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:57 pm »
This is also your chance to let them know in the comments that if you want this market to be taken seriously in the West, then Sekai-Project and the consumers themselves have to take it seriously.  That means:

1) No censorship, edits, or substitutions will ever be tolerated. Period.
2) If a product has to be released digital only there are good reasons for this. Remember most retailers are not going to carry physical VNs in their stores.  Especially if they end up being 18+ titles. Don't purchase a title because it's being offered through digital-distribution only.
3) Remember that localizations and licenses are not cheap. This means many things may not be possible to license such as the Japanese audio and you may have to play the game voiceless.
4) Above all else, be mature. 

Be sure to actually leave some constructive comments for them in the final section.  Having played VNs for over 25 years now Gorchnik left em about 4 paragraphs worth of advice.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:42:40 pm »
Be sure to actually leave some constructive comments for them in the final section.  Having played VNs for over 25 years now Gorchnik left em about 4 paragraphs worth of advice.
I expected nothing less from our lord :D
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 07:07:35 am »
This is also your chance to let them know in the comments that if you want this market to be taken seriously in the West, then Sekai-Project and the consumers themselves have to take it seriously.  That means:

1) No censorship, edits, or substitutions will ever be tolerated. Period.
2) If a product has to be released digital only there are good reasons for this. Remember most retailers are not going to carry physical VNs in their stores.  Especially if they end up being 18+ titles. Don't purchase a title because it's being offered through digital-distribution only.
3) Remember that localizations and licenses are not cheap. This means many things may not be possible to license such as the Japanese audio and you may have to play the game voiceless.
4) Above all else, be mature. 

My lord has just left me feeling like a brat. Everything is good though, so I can only say "As expected of our Lord". I personally I'm kind of weird (for this forum) and don't especially like Key visual Novels (feel to me like they're engineered to make you cry no matter what you do, which slightly turns me off).

Remember however 3 things:

• Key is a giant of VN, especially compared to other VN makers (which most of the times are more similar to doujinshi games makers), so keep a feeling like if you are talking to Atlus or someother similar sized company.
  • They are brutally scared of making more legal troubles for them after the last incident, so be patient if they insist in at least releasing the all ages version.
  • At the same time, remember that they are kinda desperate. The VN market in Japan is in a constant downfall, and Key in particular hasn't released another big hit since Little Busters!, which is still failed to reach Clannad's level of success (Rewrite did well for its circumstances in the market, but it's still wasn't what they expected). We are talking about no minor shrinking here, we are talking about only selling one third of what they used to (the market in general). The reason why there are so many companies that start releasing in the West is less that its finally worth their trouble and more that they desperately need every sale. So keep that in thought and don't resort to begging.

So, basically, point 4 of our Lord.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home