Author Topic: "Under the Dog" Kickstarter  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Shirley

Re: "Under the Dog" Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 03:25:17 pm »
So, I suppose that everyone on here has seen the updates, right?
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 03:31:33 pm »
Not even a single one.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 03:33:42 pm »
Not even a single one.

Catching you up to speed:

The CEO was thrown out.

New CEO in charge, and constant update filled with information, adorable art, and detail. Looks like things are going smoothly.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 09:50:39 pm »
Catching you up to speed:

The CEO was thrown out.

New CEO in charge, and constant update filled with information, adorable art, and detail. Looks like things are going smoothly.
Or to put it in a somewhat more cynical view of the events:

• The original producer and his company was forced into contracted silence for some 4 months, starting almost immediately after the campaign's end, despite being the ones who brought it all together into a successful campaign.
  • The original producer and his company was forced to either choose to take a huge personal financial penalty by cancelling the project entirely, or step down from the project and hope for the best from those who take over.
  • Some 2 months after the takeover, despite more frequent updates, the new owners of the project have still yet to fulfill the most basic of the rewards (Hi-Res trailer and wallpaper downloads).

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 01:24:46 am »
I got my wallpapers. What are you talking about.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 04:34:23 am »

This is a recent development mate.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 02:05:24 pm »
As BMU notes, check the timestamps, my post was from a week before they even announced that they were finally going to be sending out the wallpapers.

The sad thing is, despite the roughly two months since the takeover was made official to backers (edit: and over 200 days since the end of the Kickstarter campaign), virtually zero effort went into these wallpapers. If they were making original art specifically for the wallpaper (e.g. Pale Blue's reward wallpaper, resized down to PS Vita resolution), based on the redesigned suit, now that'd be one thing.

But in the case of UTD's wallpapers, they're just the rearrangement of the very same art assets used for the Kickstarter campaign, something that I could slap together in 10 ~ 15 minutes if I had access to the source images.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:17:24 pm by mikebrand83 »

Offline Shirley

Re: \"Under the Dog\" Kickstarter
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 05:01:48 pm »
As BMU notes, check the timestamps, my post was from a week before they even announced that they were finally going to be sending out the wallpapers.

The sad thing is, despite the roughly two months since the takeover was made official to backers (edit: and over 200 days since the end of the Kickstarter campaign), virtually zero effort went into these wallpapers. If they were making original art specifically for the wallpaper (e.g. Pale Blue's reward wallpaper, resized down to PS Vita resolution), based on the redesigned suit, now that'd be one thing.

But in the case of UTD's wallpapers, they're just the rearrangement of the very same art assets used for the Kickstarter campaign, something that I could slap together in 10 ~ 15 minutes if I had access to the source images.

As a multimedia major...I can do that in....1 minute....

I am a bit disappointed as well...I was thinking of writing them an email...but it's not like they're going to change it/make more because they have other things to do. Still, they request that we don't share it, but the problem with that is, it doesn't matter if it's shared. It's nothing special.

I feel pretty like we got jipped.

Updated: April 04, 2015, 08:06:10 pm
Fun fact! I went ahead and did it anyway....

I can share this one if I want!

Spoiler
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:06:12 pm by BITE ME UNIVERSE »