Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 144195 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #1005 on: August 01, 2017, 04:58:30 pm »
If you're considering it, I'd have a read of the previous chatter regarding it to get a feel for what it's like. Opinion is split and I don't think it alone warrants a whole console (unless you can get cheap second hand?), but I'd recommend it as a game if you can swing it.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1006 on: September 14, 2017, 02:48:30 am »
A new character got revealed for Warriors today. The newest addition to the cast is...

Spoiler
Lyn! From Fire Emblem/7/Rekka no Ken, for the GBA. Another sword user, but also a character from something other than Fates and Awakening, and my favorite Lord, so I'll take it. Still waiting for any actual Shadow Dragon characters, though... especially Tiki.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1007 on: September 26, 2017, 09:57:43 pm »
It seems we've pretty much got every character revealed for Warriors at this point, considering they've started talking about the DLC that'll add more. Kind of sad that the number of Shadow Dragon characters is so low. Plus, adding the Awakening and Shadow Dragon sets together is only equal to the Fates character list. Still, we got a couple lolis out of it, and alongside the last reveal, I guess that's good enough for Elvis.

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #1008 on: September 26, 2017, 10:05:34 pm »
Thats a lot of Fates chars ~ I call foul. Pandering to new players at expense of old fanbase.
Deeox2 [Feb 14, 2018, 08:33:51 pm]:   I KNOW WHAT SEX IS
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.
https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1009 on: September 26, 2017, 10:30:05 pm »
The fact that they've already announced DLC irritates me as well. If the content is already complete, it should be in the main game. And if it isn't, they should have waited until it was out in all regions before announcing it. Saying there's DLC before we even have access to the base game makes them look incredibly money-grabby.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1010 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:25 pm »
Warriors is out now in Japan. It seems there are a lot of "secret characters", which appear as NPC during the stages and story but which still aren't confirmed playable. As it's been quite a while since Koei Tecmo shipped a game without revelaing every playable character beforehand people doubt if they are DLC, coming with a free patch later or something else.

Secret characters
  • Owain
  • Oboro
  • Navarre (this one we knew it from earlier due to a NoE slip up)
  • Niles

And Villains, which are confirmed to not be playable, but if we know koei tecmo for something they'lll come soon or later

Villains
  • Validar
  • Gharnef
  • Iago

Yes, the villains stink, even when compared to the rest of the roster
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1011 on: September 28, 2017, 01:39:45 pm »
Anna's gameplay trailer dropped today. I like it, but again....why so much fates stuff? She's a core part of the whole franchise, surely we could have put in more than just recent stuff?

In no way is this a deal breaker though. Still super excited for it ^_^

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1012 on: October 18, 2017, 06:38:29 pm »
Anna's gameplay trailer dropped today. I like it, but again....why so much fates stuff

Because Fates was a bloody financial success. And them making Anna ressemble the Anna in Fates (which , let's not forget, was a DLC character, maybe even payed DLC char) is just playin' it safe and  following the path set by the previous games, which turned FE into one of Nintendos Main IP's. 
:
But yeah, I would have also prefered if they had chosen to make for nods to other games where she appears. For example:

- Make her team up with Jake for both the Ballistician Tank and the huge Ballista. Jake does appear in Shadow Dragon after all. And he's remotely useful in FE11. More than half of the useless units you get throughout the game.
- Give her the option to use a Lewyn Sword to ressemble the Awakening Character or a lance to ressemble the Merchant class. Missed oportunity, there aren't even any ground units with lances in Warriors....

Now , the real reason we should all raise our pitchforks for is that the Whitewings didn't make it into the game. I mean, I understand leaving Est out. BUT CATRIA? AND OUR BELOVED GREEN HAIRED GODDESS PALLA?!?!

Hope for DLC. ZR is justice.

PS: on another note, I'm now playing through FE 4 & 5 , the last two stories in the FE franchise that I haven't completed (I'm not counting Fe 1 to 3 as I played their remakes in fe 11,12 & 15 ) .
Last think I witnessed was  how a ginger edgelord NTRed the BlueHaired MC and killed him for being too OP in Horse Emblem . Me thinks Arvis liked more Fe Awakening and magic being broken. ''Game is balanced. '' - Arvis Dixit

PPS: to be fair, changing thiefs and adventurers to ranged attack units with high Res in Fates was genius.  They became useful and specialized units on the battlefiled, not simple utility (thief), and/or semi-durable staff bots.
Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1013 on: October 18, 2017, 07:21:04 pm »
Arvis is broken enough when you fight him, believe me. Not Forseti broken, but yes harder than all of Awakening's bosses put together (though it's also kinda hilarious how the Tirfying is his natural counter).

And honestly, Fates was a success, but when you look at the numbers it actually wasn't that much. In total they barely managed to replicate Awakening's sales despite the whole '2 games' shenanigans. If that was the whole reason they would have made an Awakening Warriors. It's also not a Japanese thing (poll of Japanese fans, Fates was 7th; the first 3 are Holy War, Blazing Blade and Path of Radiance respectively).

They also somehow missed Azura too, despite all the Fates catering. Honestly, it just doesn't make sense. Before I was (a bit unjustifiably) angry at the roster, but now I'm more baffled at the entire thing.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1014 on: October 18, 2017, 08:29:11 pm »
I do like the thought of giving Thief units ranged attacks, it fits better with being sneaky and avoiding damage while still being useful~ That, and the passive debuffs that came with them, are things I hope stick around in later games. Though, maybe bring Stealing back too.

As for Warriors, Iíve heard that, limited roster aside, itís actually a pretty good game as far as the genre goes. Havenít looked into it much yet, though.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1015 on: October 18, 2017, 09:38:35 pm »
The most recently released trailer gave me the most hype for it (the one with Gharnef in). If they'd released that at the start, we might have avoided so much backlash that was given due to ignoring the old games, and for once it feels like a game not a reskin of another game. A review I read said that the script writing is poor because most initial conversations boil down to the same thing, but the gameplay is good. The reviewer also acknowledges that she loved hyrule warriors more because she loved zelda already but was new to fire emblem (why they got her to review it is thus beyond me, surely a fan would be better to speak to fans but ho hum). What the argument essentially boiled down to is that you can forgive its flaws if you like the series, or if you only want to beat up things while being a fire emblem character. Luckily both those apply to me so I'm happy.
Also it was a kotaku article, so again not really a solid reliable opinion, but better than nothing to test the waters with.

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1016 on: October 20, 2017, 11:08:22 am »
Looks like the DLC Chars from the first batch have been announced.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-dlc-characters-revealed-azura-tharja-more/

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/78713-dlc-characters-announced/

Fates

Azura - For foot fetishists, like Miyazaki

Niles- another archer. Can't hate him as I turned him into death incarnate in my Conquest-Lunatic run

Oboro- Yesh!

Awakening

Owain- Can't Control.... Radiant Approval!

Olivia- A very pleasant surprise

Tharja- (Alice Cooper's Poison and  A Touch of Evil from Judas Priest summarize my thoughts on this)

Shadow Dragon

Navarre - aka the Original SM

Minerva-  wet fantasy of Cherche fighting Minerva DoA 50% complete

Linde- Not Merric. Still, likeable
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1017 on: October 20, 2017, 11:33:56 am »
Niles and Oboro? Ew. It's like they want me to throw up.

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1018 on: October 20, 2017, 06:10:42 pm »
Niles and Oboro? Ew. It's like they want me to throw up.

There, fixed it for you:

https://youtu.be/8S_8CX4YD-8?t=11m27s

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1019 on: November 15, 2017, 03:57:40 pm »
For those of us still playing Heroes, a big update is coming. And it looks awesome...

https://www.facebook.com/FireEmblemUK/videos/1989159818038548/