Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 154569 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #1050 on: March 08, 2018, 03:54:45 pm »
That's a high hope, especially when they might wait until E3 for it. But I'm still hoping too :D

I'll add to your list that:

-Everyone will be already married, and instead you have to un-support everyone and prevent kids from being born
-Because kids are the bad guys
-This game is literally a sadistic satirical outlook on older generations' view of youths.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1051 on: March 08, 2018, 04:34:33 pm »
I don't know if to hope or to simply let my emotions get colder so I don't get disappointed if nothing comes in the end, but I'll for sure watch the direct.

On the game, I feel... surprisingly open. I guess I wouldn't mind if they really decide to go for something completely new? Though Titor's list looks pretty good. (Also, Duke's would make for a fun spinoff)

And now I feel the pressure!... I guess that happens because I use the same handle everywhere. It's weird, but it makes me happy in a way.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #1052 on: March 08, 2018, 05:05:35 pm »
I'd like to make a few joke remarks about some of the things you said, but a couple actually took me by surprise.
-S or A+ rank will be reserved for the ending
-Canto won't make a comeback
-Smaller cast than Fates , GotHW , SD and Radiant Dawn, but larger than Gaiden
-Arts instead of RNG based proc skills

Final support ranks reserved for ending? What makes you say that? I'm not particularly immersed in the support mechanics but I thought the whole point of support was to ship your own OTPs, see character growth, and of course, stat boosts. If they were to change the final support ranks to the end, how much would that affect the game?

Canto... Love/Hate relationship. I like it but I have a friend who HATES canto (because of Genealogy). We both agree though that canto heavily affects game balance in certain games because of the heavy emphasis on mounted units in said games. Unless we get an idea of the scaling of the maps, I can't say whether or not they would like to add canto as a unique/class skill or scrap the mechanic entirely.

Cast. Yeah I agree. Playing some of the older games really can be annoying when you have 20+ units and discover that half of them are garbage (BINDING BLADE). The biggest issue is the lack of interesting characters whenever the game tosses you 3-4 variations of the same unit class. I will admit though that out of all the games I have played, certain ones like PoR/RD had large, but half decent and interesting characters... for the most part. If they plan on everyone playing with 0 deaths then I hope they put more effort in the character department.

Arts... I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to the skill system in Fates and Awakening or something more like Genealogy? I mean, I see the appeal of more consistent, predictable skills like in Fates (and appreciated it myself), but RNG based skills also added there own mix of fun... Regardless, I will assume that whatever they choose they'll probably make it fresh by adding some other mechanic (Cause BIORHYTHM was a great idea) like the Pair Up/Team Up mechanic in Fates.

My only concern is how they might try to balance the game so it appeals to all types of fans. Of course you can have the various difficulty settings like before but Fates took it to a new level as you played the game based on your experience and style... It's a nice gesture, but that means that they split the base right from the start not just by difficulty, but also by story making players buy the game 3x to get a 'full experience'.

Speaking of story, ... actually no, I think (and have seen) that they know how to write good shit but choose not to depending on the audience. I'll just wait and see what they manufacture.

-Everyone will be already married, and instead you have to un-support everyone and prevent kids from being born
-This game is literally a sadistic satirical outlook on older generations' view of youths.

Hey, if it makes an interesting story, I'll take it. You'll anger a part of the fan base however as it seems that some of them don't seem to like FE games where you can't marry Waifus/Husbandos infanticide.
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1053 on: March 08, 2018, 06:20:23 pm »

Final support ranks reserved for ending? What makes you say that? I'm not particularly immersed in the support mechanics but I thought the whole point of support was to ship your own OTPs, see character growth, and of course, stat boosts. If they were to change the final support ranks to the end, how much would that affect the game?

By this I mean it will let you set up OTPs, bromances,etc, without having to force a "HEY,LET'S GET MARRIED  AND HAVE A FREAKING KID EVEN THOUGH WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RELENTLESS WAR".

This  would prevent the weird transition from the A  to the S  rank support  most of the characters in Fates have , and allow to develop it through chapter or battle conversations. -Something akin to the lover conversations GoTHW had .

Canto... Love/Hate relationship. I like it but I have a friend who HATES canto (because of Genealogy). We both agree though that canto heavily affects game balance in certain games because of the heavy emphasis on mounted units in said games. Unless we get an idea of the scaling of the maps, I can't say whether or not they would like to add canto as a unique/class skill or scrap the mechanic entirely.

I'm the first to agree that Canto is broken  the way it works on most of the FE games. PoR comes to mind as the biggest offender together with GoTHW, but GoTHW's problem was more with the huge maps, the freaking instaspawn reinforcements and Ishtar not wanting to go out on a date with me and the need to go fast between objectives to get the bonus items or save certain characters.

But then again, Canto makes a Cavalry or wyvern charge way more fearsome, which is nice. In Fates and Awakening mountedunits where mostly awesome exp , with exploitable beast or wyvern weakness, that didn't have the stats or skills to be a threat.

And talking about same-turn  ambush-spawn reinforcements, I hope they never come back the way they were done in FE12. Fuck. That.

Cast. Yeah I agree. Playing some of the older games really can be annoying when you have 20+ units and discover that half of them are garbage (BINDING BLADE). The biggest issue is the lack of interesting characters whenever the game tosses you 3-4 variations of the same unit class. I will admit though that out of all the games I have played, certain ones like PoR/RD had large, but half decent and interesting characters... for the most part. If they plan on everyone playing with 0 deaths then I hope they put more effort in the character department.

Fully agree. I'm all for variety, but please, don't give 3 characters for each class, which are simply walking tropes or quirks, and that you're always going to end up benching 2 out of 3 (or in the case of Shadow Dragon, all 3 - 4 if they're archers).

Plus...less units to tinker with, might help with the unit balance, maybe? And it could also help improve the writing and depth of this characters

Arts... I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to the skill system in Fates and Awakening or something more like Genealogy? I mean, I see the appeal of more consistent, predictable skills like in Fates (and appreciated it myself), but RNG based skills also added there own mix of fun... Regardless, I will assume that whatever they choose they'll probably make it fresh by adding some other mechanic (Cause BIORHYTHM was a great idea) like the Pair Up/Team Up mechanic in Fates.

I was thinking of a mix between Fate's fixed  skills, auras and debuffs  , and using Shadows of Valentia's arts   with a Cooldown for the RNG based ones.

My only concern is how they might try to balance the game so it appeals to all types of fans. Of course you can have the various difficulty settings like before but Fates took it to a new level as you played the game based on your experience and style... It's a nice gesture, but that means that they split the base right from the start not just by difficulty, but also by story making players buy the game 3x to get a 'full experience'.

Oh, there is no way they can make everyone happy. But they can try to go for a middle ground, or trying something new.

Speaking of story, ... actually no, I think (and have seen) that they know how to write good shit but choose not to depending on the audience. I'll just wait and see what they manufacture.

Well, I don't expect anything spectacular. But something closer to SoV. Or PoR. Or a 1st part that is more like Thracia followed by the proper war with a team that has learnt from their past mistakes.
Hell, anything but Goo Garon. It was so clear to me that the later half of  Conquest's plot got butchered to push in the Rev DLC.

Hey, if it makes an interesting story, I'll take it. You'll anger a part of the fan base however as it seems that some of them don't seem to like FE games where you can't marry Waifus/Husbandos infanticide.

That would be hilarious.  But have the main character VA be this guy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz4md2XXCHA

...and make that one of  females of the older generation with the sass up to eleven be  Vacted by Catrin-Mai Huw (XBC2 Nia)

All in all I'm pretty optimistic about this FE game.

.................Might be due to the fact I'm playing Trails of Cold Steel II and I'm having such a blast I find myself smiling  even  during the meetings I have with  clients at work.

Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1054 on: March 08, 2018, 06:46:59 pm »
Elvis thinks heíll probably like the new Fire Emblem game no matter what, but can definitely agree that a smaller cast is something heíd prefer. Go all in, even: twenty characters! Develop all of them massively and make everybody really deep and likeable! ...that might be a bit much, but itís good to dream~

Also sorta hoping itís not connected to anything Except maybe The Sacred Stones, that game deserves love too and that we only really have one game this time. Fates was interesting in design and even execution, but perhaps one solid story could be better.

Also hoping maybe to have the Lord not be a sword wielder? Not a big deal either way, but itíd be a nice change of pace! A female Lord as the solo main character would also be neat.

Planning to watch the direct, will probably be fun regardless of what gets shown, and I wonít be too disappointed if Fire Emblem isnít there, but itís definitely one of the things Iím looking forward to most~

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1055 on: March 08, 2018, 07:17:41 pm »
Also hoping maybe to have the Lord not be a sword wielder? Not a big deal either way, but itíd be a nice change of pace! A female Lord as the solo main character would also be neat.

This would be pretty cool actually. They've done the three amigos of lords before, technically warriors was a two-lord set up dear god please don't kill me all I did was mention it so they can't vary it with numbers really. A new weapon would be nice. Also it would piss off some elitist nobs so that makes me happy.

I'd be content with the way SoV did arts. I loved the way they looked, and the combat animations especially showed me that we can get lots of variety in what "person A attacks person B" looks like. Personal favourite is still the two-hit chance on a mounted unit where the second attack is just the horse kicking them. You go SoV, show them how it's done.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1056 on: March 08, 2018, 10:53:12 pm »
We got baited.

But we did get a Solaire Amibo...

And according to the item description :

This faintly warm figurine is shaped after an old  Knight of Sunlight, praising the grossly incandescent father that is the Sun.
The symbol represents Dark Souls best SunBro, who received his meme-deity status and was referenced one to many times by Miyazaki and the B-Team in the sequels.
But hey, it's Dark Souls merchandise that might grant the Sunlight Armor upon the heroesof the fiery emblem, should the cycle of dissappointment be broken.

And if everything fails, we may get Solaire for Smash.

Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #1057 on: March 08, 2018, 11:14:46 pm »
heroes of the fiery emblem

Close enough for the thread, right?

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #1058 on: March 09, 2018, 12:13:17 am »

That would be hilarious.  But have the main character VA be this guy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz4md2XXCHA

...and make that one of  females of the older generation with the sass up to eleven be  Vacted by Catrin-Mai Huw (XBC2 Nia)

Sure, why not? Then we'd get a bunch of bandits shouting "YA DONE!" and "DON'T FORGET ME!" and then meme at the boss Brigande shouting, "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?!". You could even alter certain animations with sound, like when an enemy deals no damage, "EH?!", MC crits shouting, "ANCHOR SHOT!" and when characters dodge crits, "I'M NOT INTERESTED IN THAT FUTCHA!". Later when Lucina (you know she'll be there somehow, some way) comes in at the climax, she'll be screaming, "THE FUTURE... DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU!", you know, normal FE things.
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1059 on: March 09, 2018, 06:52:14 am »
Have to appreciate the irony of Smash being announced of all things instead of FE Guys, we all know Smash is the first FE game, right?

I guess it's most likely moved to 2019? I could see them releasing it in Japan this Christmas holidays, but I feel more doubtful for the West.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1060 on: March 09, 2018, 07:12:42 am »
I could definitely still see it coming out quite a bit before the end of the year. After all, weíre only three months in, so itís not like weíre running out of time~ Guessing theyíll show the game off a bit at E3, and from there it could release anywhere from that day to a year and a half later. Hopefully closer to the former!

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1061 on: March 09, 2018, 07:56:30 am »
Have to appreciate the irony of Smash being announced of all things instead of FE Guys, we all know Smash is the first FE game, right?

I guess it's most likely moved to 2019? I could see them releasing it in Japan this Christmas holidays, but I feel more doubtful for the West.

If XBC2, a way more text and VA heavy game than FE got a simultaneous world release date, I can't se how FE16 wouldn't get the same treatment.

And I don't think the localized text and VA (the second is unlikely outside of English) for Europe will be an issue. BoTW got languags patched in 1 month later, though you could still play some parts in Russian, both Castillian and America's Spanish, german and French on launch.

So either a FE direct in April, or we wait until E3

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1062 on: March 09, 2018, 07:08:35 pm »
They managed it with XBC2, but FE's track record is pretty bad with these kind of things. Echoes was only a month, but Echoes was also of a smaller scale in general in regards to text, and it was still a month.

I guess you could say I'm a skeptic.

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1063 on: April 10, 2018, 07:42:33 am »
Fire Emblem Heroes gave Nowi a banner... so, naturally, Elvis decided to summon her. Planned to just summon until a 5* version showed up, but then I decided I may as well try and get as many copies as possible, since itís not like thereís anything much I need to save for, aside from the younger Tiki whenever she appears.

Results: Spent all of my Orbs, a bit over two hundred. Got five Nowi, two 5* and three 4*. Not entirely sure which of them is Ďthe bestí, but theyíre all adorable~

Unrelated, there was a random banner a while back that had Fae as one of the possible summons, and my free pull there got me another 4* version of her, so the castle is just swimming in dragon lolis these days.

Offline Meliran

« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2018, 11:36:41 am »