Author Topic: Fire Emblem  (Read 107902 times)

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

Re: Fire Emblem
« Reply #1065 on: April 12, 2018, 09:28:05 pm »
*Cough*

Wrong game thread mate...
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1066 on: April 19, 2018, 10:08:07 pm »
Well.

It's that time of the year again.

28 years ago, a pantless hero embarked on a quest to recover his homeland from the evil grumpy dragon.

28 years ago, the first Fire Emblem was released in JP!

Thus was the series born ,that has brought us so much fun and enjoyment!

And we gather today to celebrate it !

... despite not having any news about FE:Switch.

For all we know, it could be a re-imagination of Thracia 776 with Reinhardt as the main lord or re-release of heroes but with 800 summoning orbs  haha oh gods please no!! i'll even have a new Birthright game compared to that! With only Corrin, Est, Makalov and Wendy as playable characters

But hey, could be worse. We could have ended like Advance Wars!

So,ehm...yeah.

Happy FEday!

...and also

Happy Birthday, Lucina!

Image Source:

https://tcong.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Birthday-Lucina-604227459
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 10:11:20 pm by John Titor »
Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1067 on: April 20, 2018, 07:00:55 am »
Happy FE day!

As long as it doesn't turn out that IS has switched full priority on Heroes because it has made more money than the rest of the games put together, I'll be happy. There are usually 1 to 3 years between entries, and Echoes came just a year ago in Japan.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1068 on: June 04, 2018, 02:41:41 pm »
So, if the rumors are true , we might get some info on FE16 (besides that it will eventually come out) on june the 12th.

One of  the leaks (with a 99% chance of being totally fake) , hints towards the crappy photoshoped title of "Reawakening".

Aside from  it clearly trying to reference Awakening, let us imagine for fun (and as a way to keep expectations low for the unevitable lack of news), the worst case scenario: a port of awakening with some made up features.

For Example:
-Robin's personality has been changed to that of Kirito, cause that what's popular with 13 year olds these days.

-Cordellia can now S-Rank  Chrom, but in order to do that she must go actually full Yandere-chan with the random village girl (special paralogue before the timeskip) and the other 4 potential brides. Only way to unlock this is to get them an S Rank before that  chapter,make them earn  absolutely no Support points (Cordellia takes lowest priority due to Krom having something against redheads with long silky hair) or Killing them.
Seems radical, but what applied to Highlander applies to shipping as well:"THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!"

Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)

Offline Jynx

« Reply #1069 on: June 13, 2018, 09:11:03 am »
So, now that we have the new trailer, any thoughts?

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #1070 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:20 am »
Eh... Not sure. It seems like watching most FE trailers. It shows parts of a story and 1 new thing (large battle animations, which is a plus for me at least). I'll personally wait until they give us the new mechanics in a trailer. Still hyped but worried it may come out after graduation or worse, during graduation...
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1071 on: June 13, 2018, 04:02:31 pm »
It looks really cool! I am excited for it!

I wish it came out sooner!

Still really excited though!

* Elvis Strunk imagines he'll like it a lot no matter what, as long as it's still a Fire Emblem game, which it seems to be~ Plus there looks to be a new dragon loli, which is only a plus.

Offline Jynx

« Reply #1072 on: June 14, 2018, 07:38:09 am »
I'm quite curious about the new mechanic. I wonder if the accompanying soldier will work as some kind of support, instead of the usual pair-up we've seen in Awakening and Fates.

The fact that they're calling it Three Houses makes me also wonder if we are going to see something near to Fates in terms of setting, which I think would be quite cool as long as they make story right this time.

There was little else to comment on, I guess.

Offline John Titor

« Reply #1073 on: June 14, 2018, 04:46:34 pm »
The trailer really surprised me. In a very good way.
I wasn't expecting them to (at least thats how it seems now) try to break away from the things that seemed to have worked in the 3DS era and try something new.
A more adult theme and setting , potential story centered around the wars of religion, a thought out or at least detailed World Map, the new artwork looking more realistic and also...bleak? ,Outfits in general being less fanservicy (Pegasus Knights do seem  to still rock em sassy ZRs ), a silent Avatar...

Are we getting a more Tellius-like game? Or did Persona , Fire Emblem and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms (now set in 15th-16th century fantasy Europe) have a love child called FE16?

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #1074 on: June 18, 2018, 11:35:34 pm »
Found a Sacred Stones save file a couple days back with Super Trainees unlocked. Started playing the game earlier today. The mission: get through all of Normal Mode using literally every character (potentially barring prepromotes), always choosing the units at the lowest level, and not promoting anybody ever. Only about four chapters in, but I got Ross to ten and he's become a Super Journeyman! Working on leveling some of the others that popped up recently, like Lute, Vanessa, Colm. So far not a single unit is above level four~

I would have gone with Hard Mode, but it's been a long time since I played this game so I don't remember much. I also haven't played Fire Emblem in general in a while. That aside, while it's easy enough so far, I expect not promoting anybody to make the game more and more challenging as I go. Plus, always using the weakest people... yeah. Don't know if I intend to post any updates as I go, since I dun think anybody'd be too interested, but! Might at least post when or if I actually finish the run. And who knows, maybe I'll try Hard Mode once that's done...

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #1075 on: June 19, 2018, 06:15:37 am »
Normal should be possible enough with super-recruits. Sacred Stones normal is a Seth-solo anyway. I would be a little worried about the lack of legendaries and non-specialized healers, but unless you want to try the Lagdou Ruins it still shouldn't be a problem. 
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home