Author Topic: ~~ 'Bland' What's your NO 1!!! Show thread!!! ~~  (Read 6546 times)

Offline Ledabot

~~ 'Bland' What's your NO 1!!! Show thread!!! ~~
« on: March 25, 2014, 10:35:38 am »
Another killer question thread here.

You have to do something truly hard. Actually decide on your favourite show. I don't mean go easy and name a few favourites. I mean THE NUMBER 1 top best (in you opinion) show you have watched.

I'm going to a lot of effort to make this look more exciting than it is. Help me out here and tell us why you like your show so much.

My favorite is probably... i don't know... Its a fight here... Stiens;gate. Science is my thing in live anyway so the characters are kinda more relatable to me.

Offline Vaendryl

Re: ~~ 'Bland' What's your NO 1!!! Show thread!!! ~~
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:51:53 am »
TENGEN TOPPA GUREN LAGAN
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:11:24 am »
You didn't say why you liked it so much, but that's ok. We know you like drills.  :-[ We didn't know you liked them that much though.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:46:27 pm »
You didn't say why you liked it so much, but that's ok. We know you like drills.  :-[ We didn't know you liked them that much though.

dude, there is neither a need nor a way to explain the awesome that is TTGL :D
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:15:38 pm »
If I have to pick one, I choose the original Saint Seiya. I'm not so sure if it was my first anime (watched it when I was in kindergarten), but it was one of my most memorable anime. I love the story and also the op/ed songs.

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 07:46:44 pm »
So I'm going to avoid sounding like a broken record and not repeat my favorite two, instead I'll tell you lot my third favorite.
Spice and Wolf
The European trading duo of Holo and Kraft Lawrence goes on a D&D-esque quest of returning Holo to her homeland.
Our two travelers get into all sorts of trading shenanigans and schemes as Lawrence attempts to get rich to achieve his dream.
So, why do I love this damn show? Economics and a very witty and charismatic character who has her flaws as well as a major theme attached to her that seems rather prevalent throughout the entire show. I do love the stories of the stock markets and what not so it just supplements that kind of taste in story-telling.

Also thanks to cliffhanger ending during season 2 I went out and got the light novels, curse those bastards.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »
 The one advantage that SnW has over DnD, is that it would be dam hard to roleplay economics. When you get to write the story however, it becomes easier to do great work.

I swear Spice and Wolf is the half life of anime. The studios probably saving it to broadcast when they run out of other things to make.

I didn't mention I'm also a fan of Spice and Wolf. Sorry. It's quite high on my list too. Its in "I'll buy it! I like it that much" category so I can support the makes and they make me more apple inspired economics.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 10:24:20 pm »
I loved maoyuu from the same author :3
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 10:25:35 pm »
I shall become as if broken record.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

Reasons being, I like the mystery, I like the characters, I like the storyline, I like the ending, and Rika. I haven't seen a lot of anime. There's a decent chance there's a lot of stuff I'd like even more than Higurashi. I just haven't seen it. However, for now, I'm going to firmly state my love for this murderous, bloody, perverted, slightly goofy series.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 12:25:48 am »
I have heard good things about that. It's rated quite well, but the art is a bit off putting. Not quite Air bad, but pretty 'distinct' all the same.

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 12:59:28 am »
If you think the anime art's bad, you should check out what the original visual novel looked like! Still, once you get wrapped up in the story, you'll stop noticing pretty quickly.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 01:02:02 am »
I also don't quite like the art from Higurashi, but I like the story. It's kinda the reverse from Madoka. I like Madoka's characters and art, but I dislike the story.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 02:23:39 am »
All I can say is oh dear. That really is quite bad. Did one guy make this in his basement?! Without funding?!

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 03:20:24 am »
Back when Higurashi was being created, the creator had never made anything that got him any fame or money. The guy that made the Higurashi visual novels was really pretty much the only guy that made the Higurashi visual novels. He didn't have the money to pay anyone to make the sprites, so he did it himself. Despite not being anything even remotely resembling an artist. However, there's a patch you can download to overwrite them with the sprites from the PS2 version, which look a whole lot better. Still yet, considering the circumstances, it's a good thing he went through the trouble, instead of just giving up because he thought it wasn't good enough.

TLDR : Yeah, pretty much.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 03:40:16 am »
That's kinda sad. Now days, that guy could have made a kickstarter and it could have turned out much better. He was before his times..