5 (1.9%)
Seraphim
107 (41%)
Paladin
52 (19.9%)
Havoc
7 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 259

Author Topic: Favorite Ryder Poll  (Read 36515 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Favorite Ryder Poll
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:42:59 am »
Now here by popular demand!

Offline AkioKlaus

Re: Favorite Ryder Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:46:36 am »
Wow.

I'm considered popular demand.

yay.

nowiknowhavocisinvolved

ill vote after b6 play through.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 02:52:18 am »
Enough heavy metal to sink a... battleship I guess. I just love the thing and it makes me feel funny when I see it fire its cannons. It might be all the mech prawns I've been looking at but, man. That's one fine ryder.

Offline Megillot

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 04:33:50 am »
Wait, there will be no more ryders? No mid-season upgrades, no friendly Alliance grunt machines, no final boss ryder?

I'm in despair.

Offline Nagashofchaos

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:05:49 am »
Wait, why is havoc an option? We haven't even seen that ryder for.... awhile (yeah yeah).

This is a difficult poll.
-Blackjack- Closest to a balanced type, I mainly use it to destroy other ryders and defense flak
-Liberty- THE HEALS, THE FLAK OFF, AND THE DISABLE. I effectively use it as a spell caster.
-Phoenix- Fly me closer so I can hit it with my sword. Surprisingly didn't die this episode.
-Bianca- meh, spam aim down and use a gravity once and awhile to throw a poor ryder into Blackjack or Phoenix
-Seraphim- T_T died once, a pretty good sniper, who also is a signal ryder for missiles.
-Paladin- mmmmmm, dat kinetic, sadly REALLY slow but is proving to be a strong tank
-Havoc- um... melee? um... Cosette! um... yeah I got nothing.

For me, ultimately a battle between Paladin and Seraphim. What can I say I like my dps. Oddly though I shall go with Seraphim, though it failed me once this episode. This is suppose to be favorite ryder poll (not for just this episode/closed beta, i guess) and as I always seem to fall into despair when Seraphim goes down, I guess my subconscious already figured this one out.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:36:59 am »
Going to wait after I played the Beta, but to me it will be a conflict between Seraphim and Paladin (and maybe the Phoenix if Icari continues being the hardcore badass she has been until now). While I know that in hard the Seraphim is fairly worse, in normal both are really good and the Seraphim is really cool.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:00:48 pm »
Liberty. I kept disabling the pirate base and then I mined the other units.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Ed130 The Vanguard

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 05:04:39 pm »
Paladin, the ability to take half a fleet to the face and keep on trucking as well as dueling with battleships makes her the best Ryder.

Seraphim looses out to it being a ok sniper but ultimately failing against PACT Support Ryders, ie the enemies I really want dead. As it stands she's now just a longer ranged Pally with crappy armour, health, and no flak support capability.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 04:47:23 am »
Seraphim is also pretty good. I used awaken and started spitting whole battleships every round.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline tanker4444

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 11:04:40 am »
I voted for the Seraphim, although the Blackjack is very, very close second. I have to say the simply nature of the seraphim makes using it a joy. That said, I feel like it needs something. maybe a better built in acc bonus against ryders? I dunno, I just felt like it wasn´t any good against what I really wanted to take down, those debuffing devils! *shakes fist*

Offline rgreat

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:08:16 am »
I had to say:
-Blackjack - Black Jack is all around, but good for nothing. Lacks in speed and powerful weapons. 5/10
-Liberty - Most useful support mech.  9/10
-Phoenix - Nice solo cavalry when upgraded. Can be sent alone in to the enemy rear. 7/10
-Bianca - a-Ok support machine, only really shine when upgraded for 120 energy. 7/10
-Seraphim - magic wand against support ryders and provide finishing blows against capitals. Mostly stationary.  8/10
-Paladin - I wish i can stamp this gunboat on top of Sunrider. Kryska is STRONG! 10/10
-Havoc - Suck. Cause i don't have it. And seems like only have limited firepower. 3/10

Still, Sola + Seraphim are just too cool not to vote for.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:10:29 am by rgreat »

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 11:43:33 am »
Kryska don't need no missiles! Say hello to my 4 cannons strapped to my back!

Offline Coga

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 03:57:23 am »
Man, I'd trade two other Ryders for one more Liberty, it's that good. Hell, now that I think about it, I don't want to date any of the girls- the Liberty itself is my waifu 8)

Offline Histidine

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 11:21:31 am »
Aww, I can only pick one?

I'm kinda torn between the Seraphim and the Paladin. Both have excellent utility (though the Liberty gives them a run for their money). Aesthetics-wise, the Serry has a certain understated elegance to it (just like it's pilot :D), while the Pally has that very satisfying thoom sound with all guns firing (not as satisfying as the Sunrider, but close).

Heh @ Bianca having zero votes

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 12:14:06 pm »
which is odd, as of this beta the Bianca just became a ton more important as she's the only one who can cure debuffs.
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9