5 (1.9%)
Seraphim
107 (41%)
Paladin
52 (19.9%)
Havoc
7 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 259

Author Topic: Favorite Ryder Poll  (Read 36261 times)

Offline rgreat

Re: Favorite Ryder Poll
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 12:29:22 pm »
which is odd, as of this beta the Bianca just became a ton more important as she's the only one who can cure debuffs.
Best counter to EW is to kill EW platforms fast.
In that case Seraphim is more useful then Bianca.

Online Marx-93

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 10:41:29 pm »
which is odd, as of this beta the Bianca just became a ton more important as she's the only one who can cure debuffs.
Best counter to EW is to kill EW platforms fast.
In that case Seraphim is more useful then Bianca.

I'm sorry, but I agree. Sola and missiles every day. (Right now Claude is useful though as gravity gun shooter). The pink colour and retarded head can't help though...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline rgreat

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 03:13:04 pm »
IRight now Claude is useful though as gravity gun shooter
Nah, Bianca in fact have pretty decent kinetic shotgun to use against captial targets.
Usually she can dish out up to 500-600 damage per turn (2 shots) against hard targets close by.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 05:11:50 am »
BJ.

best tanker cuz it can get aggro consistantly, and dodge stuff and shoot down missiles.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Magnificent Beard

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 05:12:15 am »
Well, this is much more difficult that the shipping poll. and as of the recent beta, Claude is no longer an exception!

Blackjack: I do like me some balance. Beard approved
Liberty: Nevermind my apathy towards the pilot, my general strategy wouldn't work without this machine. Alas, she's the only one who can fix things. I like it
Phoenix: Not a finer mook sweeper exists in the galaxy. If only she weren't so flimsy, but you can't have it all I suppose. Most excellent.
Bianca: I suddenly appreciate this ryder a lot more now for some reason. I wonder why? Very good.
Seraphim: Six or so upgrades into her reactor so she can move and shoot and i'll have no complaints. Too bad that Awaken thing only last one turn (It says two, but in practice it's only one since activating it makes her sit around like a space duck), but I guess it'd be too strong otherwise. Enough complaining though. I like snipers.
Paladin: Zero complaints. Durable, big guns, loadsa missiles, cheap flak. What more could you want? I guess that means it gets my vote.
Havoc: ...... That was the one with the chainsaw right? Could have sworn it blew up three times. N/A
"Imagine yourself with a beard. If you already have one, imagine yourself with two beards."

"Sure we screw up a lot, but now you're trying to screw up on purpose!" - Jack T. Hammond the 3rd

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 02:05:58 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again : I love snipers and sniping. A decent part of my initial attraction to Sola was because she's a sniper, after all. The Liberty is also awesome, and the Black Jack holds a special place in my heart as well. Basically, it's be a toss up between those three at any given time, but at this moment I think I like the Seraphim a tiny bit more, so that's where my vote's going. It helps that she looks awesome as well.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 10:35:50 am »
with all the hate enemy rockets get I would've thought people would more than welcome a ryder that could throw some around herself on their team...

the Havoc is cool, dammit XD
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Magnificent Beard

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »
I think the fact that the Havoc isn't on our team yet is a significant part of the reason it doesn't have any votes yet.
Otherwise I would concur. It is cool.
"Imagine yourself with a beard. If you already have one, imagine yourself with two beards."

"Sure we screw up a lot, but now you're trying to screw up on purpose!" - Jack T. Hammond the 3rd

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 04:27:19 pm »
Also... The havoc is just a recolored pirate ryder. I don't think that helps it's case much since every other ryder is custom. Actually, Kryska's might not be custom, but we just never see any alliance ryders anywhere else.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28:14 pm »
I wont accept Havoc for I know Vaen wont keep up the promise and not allow Cosette to blow 10 ships a turn.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Graph

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 04:36:34 pm »
with all the hate enemy rockets get I would've thought people would more than welcome a ryder that could throw some around herself on their team...

the Havoc is cool, dammit XD

Not just any rockets, though; it's mainly battleship rockets that are feared, I believe.  From what we can see now the Havoc has offense power on par with a generic PACT Bomber and the rockets are actually weaker than the generic Pirate Bomber's payload.  The only thing I'm not sure about is how upgrades will affect the rockets, like if the game will let you get more rockets for the Havoc, and if they have a Quantum Torp equivalent.

...Though it's still hard to deal with on Mission 2 since you have no defense or repair options, so I hesitate to ask for a buff without having something else give.
Creator of Touhou Mecha.  http://dsd.faceroll.net/?page_id=356

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 04:40:40 pm »
Btw, lasers and such are dependent on the ryder's system...

why do missiles and rockets, which I see as stand alone weapons, require separate upgrades per ryder? (Excluding stock. obviously cant carry more missile by calling 'we invented smaller missiles') accuracy can be said by guiding system maybe, hmm..

scratch that,
guided missile plz.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 05:18:03 pm »
So was Gorchnik's version of the game the only one where the Paladin didn't have access to her missiles anymore?

Offline green goo

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »
this is my views on the mechs of sunrider.

Blackjack: vital early game, post Seraphim meaningless.
Liberty: only single virtue, is the heal function nothing else matter mid late game in accordance to my playing style. should not have been given heal power, as it dues not match pilot skill set. should have been given Restoration,as this suits the polits skill set better. but heal is vital early game as such this is immersion braking issue had to be.
Phoenix: not required but a welcome change from Seraphim, one shot one kill of all shipping bar the new sunrider  battle ship thing the pact forces have. which i now use the rockets on for a one shot one kill.
Bianca: should have been given heal and  not restore, as the pilots is a doctor/nurse, and so the skill set dues not match the pilots skills and mentality. this for me is immersion braking. but early game requite it. which is a shame.
Seraphim: probably the most vital mech in the game.
Paladin: meningless liek the black jack
Havoc: very very interesting. would help in latter mission a great deal, due to more rockets for killing off the bigger ships with hull over 1900 points.

top three.
Seraphim
Havoc tied with Phoenix.

honorary mentions Liberty.  but should have been the Bianca. but due to the mess up with the heal function mehhh cant be helped. the shot gun weapon is also pretty fun too.

to explain this i'l tell you may normal stratagy.

action one triger Seraphim awaken.
action two heal Seraphim ( to pimp out my income at the end of the battle. no repair cost)
action three shoot Seraphim as many time as i can be bothers, due to her gun being at 0 reactor points per shot. to one shot al lshipping with lessthan 1900 hits.
action four use Phoenix to kill all of the mechs, the foe has to relive boardom of only using Seraphim main gun.
action five blast a few mechs with Bianca, in the hope of hearing her noga the white serpent laugh.
action six use sunrider and it's rocket's to one shot all ships with  hit points over 1900. so far only 2 have shown  up and so only 2 shot have been needed.
later game if Havoc was available blast more ships with it's 2 rokets. or drain sunrider missile pods dry. then Paladin and finally almost grudgingly blackjack. Paladin has a nicer voice sound track.
if required  tactica warp, move sunrider/Paladin to a ship and use main guns on it till its dead. agai nto relive boardom of having to use Seraphim so much.

repear per battle.

so Seraphim gets my vote.

Offline rgreat

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »
Liberty: should not have been given heal power, as it dues not match pilot skill set. should have been given Restoration,as this suits the polits skill set better.
Bianca: should have been given heal and  not restore, as the pilots is a doctor/nurse, and so the skill set dues not match the pilots skills and mentality. this for me is immersion braking. but early game requite it. which is a shame.
Claude is a doctor, not mechanic and ryders are not healed, but repaired.

Also, Seraphim kinetic gun uses 0 energy for you? 1900 damage per shot?! How?!

For all others it is 100 energy per shot, unless upgraded.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:41:05 pm by rgreat »