Poll

What kinds of games would you be interesting in playing with the community?

First/Third Person Shooters (Titanfall, Battlefield, etc.)
2 (8%)
RTS (Supreme Commander, Wargame, etc.)
7 (28%)
Survival (DayZ, Rust, Nether etc.)
3 (12%)
Team Tactics (League of Legends, etc.)
4 (16%)
F2P MMO (War Thunder, World of Tanks, etc.)
2 (8%)
Building/Exploration (Space Engineers, Terraria, Minecraft, etc.)
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Gaming Get Together  (Read 7314 times)

Offline Ledabot

Re: Gaming Get Together
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:14 pm »
Well anyone want to play something this weekend?

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:19:51 pm »
Well anyone want to play something this weekend?
I'm up for it if I'm not too busy.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline The Loli Assassin

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:48 pm »
I'm up for pretty much anything, what did you guys have in mind?
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 02:35:20 am »
We can start with something free to play on Steam :D.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 03:14:09 am »
Free to play on steam is not a huge range of games. I only have war thunder among them. Do you guys have garrys mod. Lots of people playing that. Civ 5 might be a bit long to play in a group.  League of legends might be good, but who knows. Names some games you would be happy playing and we will try and line get something we all have or is quite cheap.

I've got:

Lol
War thunder
World of tanks
Civ 5
Garry's mod
minecraft
Left for dead 2

I have other stuff too but not everyone has those games. Its good if we join the Sunrider steam group (yes their is one) so we can see what each others have.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 04:04:55 am »
@hellgod is building sunrider in Gary's Mod. I wonder how's the project going...
Just a reminder, If you guys want to play Left 4 Dead 2, I still have 3 copies available for free :)

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 04:18:03 am »
I've got:

Lol
War thunder
World of tanks
Civ 5
Garry's mod
minecraft
Left for dead 2

I have the last 4

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 05:07:17 am »
The only one of those games I've got is Civilization V, which I've never played. I've never played any of those games, actually. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of multiplayer games, because I suck at nearly all of them, and because my internet has always been pretty low-end, to the point where I regularly got disconnected from most games I tried playing. However, I now have an Ethernet cable, am getting a new computer in the next week or two, which will be able to play Civilization V, and have recently discovered a desire to play games with other people.

Basically, I'm up for Civilization V in the next couple weeks. No guarantee I won't completely suck, however.

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 05:20:19 am »
Civ V seems to be the one that most of us have so we should all be able to play that, free to play things are good too, but I'm currently in the "hate" part of my love/hate relationship with both WT and WoT; maybe I just need some people to play them with.

In addition to Civ V and Left 4 Dead 2, I also have Wargame: AirLand Battle, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, DEFCON, GTA IV, Sins of a Solar Empire and Borderlands 2 to name just a few of my games.

Anyways you guys can feel free to get into contact with me through Steam and we can start to set something up.

Additionally, I was thinking we could formally organize events for specific games, for example a get together specifically for Civ V. Games could be decided either by vote or random selection from a set of suggestions. Of course, depending on the game we might not have enough slots for every player.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 09:21:46 am »
I don't know how good Civ 5 is for multiplayer. Its real dam slow with just 1, no, 2 people let alone more.

Offline Kemeo

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 11:25:26 am »
I don't know how good Civ 5 is for multiplayer. Its real dam slow with just 1, no, 2 people let alone more.

Yea, our audio producer refuse to play with me after 1 game lol. Its really not a game for the impatient.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 11:43:52 am »
Whats your opinion on Minecraft Loli? You didn't mention it in your post and it is quite good with lots of people. I don't know how well Civ would go but someone might want to play that.

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 02:16:53 pm »
Civ V can be managed in multiplayer if you use simultaneous turns and turn timers, as well as playing on maps that suit the number of people who are playing.

As for Minecraft, my biggest issue with it is that there have been many block building games since Minecraft that have done the same thing but in a different or more interesting way (and if you ask me, more interesting ways). Games like Terraria or Space Engineers come to mind. I'm not really opposed to Minecraft, but it certainly is not my first choice.

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »
Civ V can be managed in multiplayer if you use simultaneous turns and turn timers, as well as playing on maps that suit the number of people who are playing.

As for Minecraft, my biggest issue with it is that there have been many block building games since Minecraft that have done the same thing but in a different or more interesting way (and if you ask me, more interesting ways). Games like Terraria or Space Engineers come to mind. I'm not really opposed to Minecraft, but it certainly is not my first choice.
I just outright dislike them all.
Also I do have the same problem when it comes to Civ, patience is a virtue I rarely have.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »
Well, games like Civ V aren't for everyone. I only really suggested it because it seemed like a game that most of us own.