Author Topic: Fan Fiction Contest Results!!!  (Read 8614 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Fan Fiction Contest Results!!!
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »
The Sunrider fan fic contest has concluded!  ;D  Thank you to all entrants! I really enjoyed reading all the entries, and am very grateful people like the world of Sunrider enough to contribute their own pieces to the expanded universe.

Without further ado, the top five entries to the contest are.....

Spoiler
1.       Marx-93 Home
2.       Whalecow – Unknown Pilot-Kun: Unknown Soldier
3.       Drath – The Fall of Senna
4.       Light Mage – Pirate Logs
5.       Radclive – Life and Times of Sola vi Ryuvia

....................bbuuuuuuuuttt since I totally get how freaking long it must have been to write those entries, I'll just give beta access to everyone who participated! lol!

The top 5 contest winners will get the additional bragging rights of having their name presented after the credits in the Mask of Arcadius release! That's right, now everyone on Steam will know of your awesomeness. :D 

A big thanks to all the participants. Read the entries! :D

--------------------------------------------------
List of Entrants

AkioKlaus - Hail the King
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg12934#msg12934

Radclive - Life and Times of Sola vi Ryuvia
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg14058#msg14058

Deathwatch - Defense of the Cascade
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg14920#msg14920

Vaendryl
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg15151#msg15151

Whalecow - Unknown Pilot-Kun: Unknown Soldier
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg15165#msg15165

Marx-93 - Home
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg15200#msg15200

Light Mage - Pirate Logs
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg15272#msg15272

Drath - The Fall of Senna
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg15378#msg15378

BMU - Galactic Distortions
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=595.msg15391#msg15391
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:17:02 am by Samu-kun »

Offline Shirley

Re: Fan Fiction Contest Results!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:07:20 pm »
GG mates...

....if only I could have finished it...oh well. I will read those other entries when I get the chance...
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Deathwatch

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:13:19 am »
gratz to the winners

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:15:30 am »
Congratulations to all the participants. Now you can join us in the madness.
Everyone who participated also gets a medal...before getting shot out of a cannon.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Pal

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 09:13:13 pm »
Many thanks to my marx brother for representin'. 8)

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Magnificent Beard

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 05:19:44 am »
Oh hey, it's this contest thingy. Congratulations everyone.
I should probably read some of these some time.
"Imagine yourself with a beard. If you already have one, imagine yourself with two beards."

"Sure we screw up a lot, but now you're trying to screw up on purpose!" - Jack T. Hammond the 3rd

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:24:58 pm »
So everyone who participated gets a beta, sweet! Now I won't feel bad for them

And thanks for the bragging rights! Next time I'm going to stop at the credits to see them especially!

Also, seeing my fic mentioned on twitter made me quite happy! I was actually more like "This is Awesome!", but saying that would be unsportsmanlike
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 09:59:38 pm »
Holy, so generous o.o

Yeah I didn't expect mine to win since mine was a mess XD (talk about terminator and not a single combat scene)

I did not, however realize there was more than 5 entry. hehe
Thanks for the event, and I'll try my best to read the others when I am free.
Who knows, I may see thse fanfic story in future.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline LightMage

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 12:33:45 am »
Man, I'm kinda surprised I made it in at #4! My plans for a comedy turned into a more diary style slice of life... but hey, we all get beta codes. Happy days.

I'm excited to be added to the credits list! I didn't see that one coming! /Time to spend the next several days messing around with the new engine (to me) and brainstorming mods/

Got any plans for any future contests Samu-kun?
(Also does the VN Starlight Episode 0 ring any bells? I stumbled across it while looking for some Sci-Fi Space VN's. I noticed your name in the comments.)

Offline ziggawatts

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 01:07:23 am »
I did not, however realize there was more than 5 entry. hehe

I did, which is why I got lazy and didn't really progress past having a basic idea of what I would do. My basic premise was what some of the convos Sophita and Kayto may have had while he was buying stuff. Like a comment about buying rockets all the time. Maybe being hesitant about buying them at first, and then every time after that he's back for more. Another would have included some comment about how it would be nice to get some kind of shields for the Sunrider, with a later one mentioning they finally got the stuff in for shielding. Then probably something about how the mercenaries she sells are lazy and constantly complain about having to fight.

That's about all I had come up with when I saw there were more than 5 entries and decided to be lazy like the mercs =/

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 04:21:24 am »
I did NOT see this coming. Oh well, best not to look a space-horse in the mouth. Thanks everyone!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Pal

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 04:23:30 am »
I think you mean "a gift space-whale."

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 04:30:59 am »
yes, a Gift-Space-Horse-Whale.

Wow, it's too late at night.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline radclive

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 05:27:15 am »
i was super excited when i saw i had a code in my inbox! then slightly less so when i read he was giving it to everyone... then back up again when i was on the list! i will pretend that the winner's list is in no particular order, and i came in first, lol. considering i'm the least anime-esque (shutup, that makes sense), i'm still a little surprised i was in the winner's group. and i'm in the final credits! i'm totally gonna cry when i see my name... lol. gratz to everyone else on the list, and thanks to everyone else for making it interesting and giving me something better to do while i go for my midnight strolls! see you guys in all of the beta-oriented threads! it seems to be where the cool kids hang out...
We are Hydra, two to replace the one. We are Jörmungandr, for we encompass the earth. We are eternal, we are undying. There is no end to the cynicism, only to the unbelievers. Follow, and you shall be spared.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 01:21:26 am »
That's right! You'll be hanging with the cool kids AND Whalecow.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow