Author Topic: Fan Fiction Contest Results!!!  (Read 8588 times)

Offline Drath

Re: Fan Fiction Contest Results!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 08:05:49 pm »
Wow, this reaped way more than I could have ever expected!! Thanks for the vote of approval, Sam!!   ;D
And it feels really good to know everyone who submitted got beta access. That's my idea of an ideal happy ending. /double thumbsup  ;D
Those last few hours spent frantically trying to type the next reasonable idea that came to my head were totally worth it lol.  :P

P/S - Read this half a day earlier actually, but have been too swamped by work to provide any sensible response
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:18:56 pm by Drath »

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 01:24:21 am »
Congratulations, everyone. I haven't read any of your entries at all, but I'm sure most of them are great/good/average/bad. Enjoy your beta access, as now I no longer have the ability to spoil all of you. Also the fanservice.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 03:33:35 am »
Shoot. I loved the spoilers. Does Ava really die?
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 04:11:32 am »
eventually.
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Drath

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 05:09:35 am »
eventually.

Ugh no, that totally ruins things  :(
Tell me there is an alternate ending where she's safe. I'd trade any ryder pilot for her. Hell I'd trade two. She still has to accompany Kayto on shore leave. I guess I could accept it if Kayto died with her and maybe a few others though that would be really sad. But just Ava dying... Ugh its not right...

Ok maybe i'm a bit more invested in the characters than I thought I was. But still would be very sad to see her go. :'(
Maybe it isn't horribly realistic and yea life isn't fair, but I'm still a bit of a sucker for happy endings...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:13:52 am by Drath »

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 05:30:00 am »
eventually.

Tell me there is an alternate ending where she's safe. I'd trade any ryder pilot for her. Hell I'd trade two. She still has to accompany Kayto on shore leave. I guess I could accept it if Kayto died with her and maybe a few others though that would be really sad. But just Ava dying... Ugh its not right...

Ok maybe i'm a bit more invested in the characters than I thought I was. But still would be very sad to see her go. :'(
Maybe it isn't horribly realistic and yea life isn't fair, but I'm still a bit of a sucker for happy endings...

Bow down to Ryuvia ending. Remember that this exist.

so don't worry. its all safe.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »
eventually.

you're reading too much into what I said :) everybody dies eventually.
I'm reminded of metal gear solid 4...
I know just as much about what's going to happen in the future as you! I told Sam not to spoil me (more than required) :D  therefore, whenever I talk about the future it's either wild guessing or I'm trolling people  :-X
If Sam is talking about future events it's just trolling.

best ending might not be 'and they all lived happily ever after', but I'm going to wager that compared to the worst ending you'll just run with it  ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:08:49 pm by Vaendryl »
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 08:04:27 pm »
Lol, Vaendryl was messing with your minds.
How many times have I heard...
Does she die? Eventually. Heard this so many times from everyone on the forum.
I am glad we are not as crazy as Stronghold Kingdoms. If we were I would have to raze all your castles for a dumb reason. ANYWAY, that was a tangent. Back to main topic:
Kayto will die, Ava will die, Chigara will die (had to force myself to type that one), Icari will die, etc.
Cosette will die... OR WILL SHE!? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 12:50:01 pm »
Lol, Vaendryl was messing with your minds.
How many times have I heard...
Does she die? Eventually. Heard this so many times from everyone on the forum.
I am glad we are not as crazy as Stronghold Kingdoms. If we were I would have to raze all your castles for a dumb reason. ANYWAY, that was a tangent. Back to main topic:
Kayto will die, Ava will die, Chigara will die (had to force myself to type that one), Icari will die, etc.
Cosette will die... OR WILL SHE!? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Beta 5 Spoiler
The ongessite has made her immortal.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »
eventually.

Drath, you will have to get used to it. Van likes to troll, but as he said Samu-kun LOVES it. And with these I mean he is the kind of guy to simply say something like "I'll give Kayto a giant Sombrero" with a straight face, then the design comes up and of course it hasn't a sombrero. And at the end of the game, there's a forced event with a CG where Kayto appears with a Sombrero.

I mean, he is the one who (involuntarily) started the legend of Unknown Pilot-kun.

Bow down to Ryuvia ending. Remember that this exist.

With every passing beta I'm starting to think more that instead of a "golden ending", the Ryuvian Emperor one will be more like an awesome bad ending, like this legend here. Something going horribly right, maybe even a heroine or two dying, but all of it being pretty awesome.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Drath

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 11:46:22 pm »
Lol I guess I have been trolled and I get what all of you are saying. But really it would be good to have some choice over such things. The Banner Saga (nice TBS game) had deaths at the end as well (BIG SPOILER ahead, seriously don't read if you haven't played it)
Spoiler
Got to choose essentially at one point if a father or his daughter would die. I think I picked the more unpopular choice. But I was fine with it. If I replayed that part, I would have made the same choice

Essentially I'm saying I'm not wholly opposed to character death. I do think having a few makes the whole endgame experience more poignant. But it would be nice to have some control over it and not overdo things.

Conversely it might be nice as well to offer options that lead to the death of some major NPCs, instead of just death of the "bad guys". There were a few characters that I absolutely abhorred in Dragon Age but you can't kill them because the story is set in a certain way.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:50:12 pm by Drath »

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »
i said its all safe. Not everyone. Kayto dies for sunrider so it doesnt get scrapped
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline RegularGamer

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 06:29:33 pm »
Gah, now I'm sad because I didn't finish my entry.
Oh well, I'll just play when the next public beta comes out.
Expect a lot of spell-checking from me when it does.
Unless if there's no spelling errors whatsoever, in which case I'll be kind of disappointed.
why do chinese write in anime letters

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 07:11:09 pm »
COSETTE COSMOS FOREVER!
(And yes I am underage.)
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 08:21:30 pm »
Gah, now I'm sad because I didn't finish my entry.
Oh well, I'll just play when the next public beta comes out.
Expect a lot of spell-checking from me when it does.
Unless if there's no spelling errors whatsoever, in which case I'll be kind of disappointed.

Took too long working on grammar did you
I'm sure you can find the script through vaen, and just fix grammar there.
if not beg at the thread I guess.   Does anyone have leftover?
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-