Author Topic: Rising Angels: Fates weekly updates  (Read 43735 times)

Offline KomiTsuku

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:04:21 am by KomiTsuku »

Offline Endershadow

Re: Rising Angels: Fates weekly updates
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:40:16 am »
I'll try this out when there's a public release.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Pal

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:27 am »
Since I don't troll visit the intro section, I'll greet you here. Welcome to the land of chaos and confusion sci-fi indie devs. (And ww2 games.)
Once I'm finished with the battle, I'll have a look at this new fodder to rip apart game to help to improve drool over.

Also, I like your avy.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 03:55:22 am »
New Games here on Hyperspace?! Cool. I remember someone mentioning your game at some point but since I haven't played the original, I sort of didn't want to have to start half way if you know what I mean. is the first game available anywhere?

Oh never mind. Found it myself. ~I might give this a go~

Offline FenixFire

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 08:43:15 pm »
Browsing the website you linked and already quite impressed with the backlog you've got there!

I'm currently reading up on some of your previous titles. It seems you've labelled your "Rising Angels" series with a few tags but haven't done so for "Dreams of the Skies" or "Anton's Vacation". Reckon they are in the same vein? That is: Non-erotic, drama, slice of life, fantasy-themed novels? Also, this bit on your "Anton's Vacation" page confuses me: "The game contains *** menus." Reckon twas something else before it got accidentally censored?

I'm definitely going to check em out. Don't think they're my favourite type of novel but it seems you've put a lot of work into them so can only praise that. Keep it up!

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »
Looking forward to trying out the game when a public release is available.  Best of luck on your endeavors.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 02:57:30 pm »
Welcome to the Hyperspace Forums! I'll have to give your stuff a look some time. I remember the KS being linked, but I hadn't played the other stuff at the time. With any luck your presence here will remind me to go read Rising Angels!

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »
I'll try this out when there's a public release.
It'll be a while, though we do have other works that will be coming out in the meanwhile.

Since I don't troll visit the intro section, I'll greet you here. Welcome to the land of chaos and confusion sci-fi indie devs. (And ww2 games.)
Once I'm finished with the battle, I'll have a look at this new fodder to rip apart game to help to improve drool over.

Also, I like your avy.
Thank you very much!

Sadly, the shipmaster never got his time in the spotlight because his story never got told.

New Games here on Hyperspace?! Cool. I remember someone mentioning your game at some point but since I haven't played the original, I sort of didn't want to have to start half way if you know what I mean. is the first game available anywhere?

Oh never mind. Found it myself. ~I might give this a go~
While Rising Angels: The Red Rose is technically the first in the series, Rising Angels: Reborn is where we restarted and is both the strongest of the series so far and the best starting point. It can be downloaded on Steam, Google Play, and from our website.

Browsing the website you linked and already quite impressed with the backlog you've got there!

I'm currently reading up on some of your previous titles. It seems you've labelled your "Rising Angels" series with a few tags but haven't done so for "Dreams of the Skies" or "Anton's Vacation". Reckon they are in the same vein? That is: Non-erotic, drama, slice of life, fantasy-themed novels? Also, this bit on your "Anton's Vacation" page confuses me: "The game contains *** menus." Reckon twas something else before it got accidentally censored?

I'm definitely going to check em out. Don't think they're my favourite type of novel but it seems you've put a lot of work into them so can only praise that. Keep it up!
Dreams of the Skies is its own independent story and Anton's Vacation... it's a sad story of sorrow. It was once part of the flagship series that I've been writing for a decade. Nobody really read any of the older works, so AV makes little sense to most. Now Rising Angels has taken it over and AV sits around as non-canon material. Of course, I've gotten a lot better as a writer since then, so it is all for the best.

Not sure why it says that. Not sure why it was posted in the first place. I've grown senile in my old age.

Looking forward to trying out the game when a public release is available.  Best of luck on your endeavors.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Hyperspace Forums! I'll have to give your stuff a look some time. I remember the KS being linked, but I hadn't played the other stuff at the time. With any luck your presence here will remind me to go read Rising Angels!

It's always there for ya! Well, assuming the end of the world doesn't happen. Then it might be there.

Offline Pal

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 06:01:27 pm »
While Rising Angels: The Red Rose is technically the first in the series, Rising Angels: Reborn is where we restarted and is both the strongest of the series so far and the best starting point. It can be downloaded on Steam, Google Play, and from our website.

Dreams of the Skies is its own independent story and Anton's Vacation... it's a sad story of sorrow. It was once part of the flagship series that I've been writing for a decade. Nobody really read any of the older works, so AV makes little sense to most. Now Rising Angels has taken it over and AV sits around as non-canon material. Of course, I've gotten a lot better as a writer since then, so it is all for the best.
I must know where to find the rest, I don't like incomplete stories. >_>

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 10:16:11 am »

I must know where to find the rest, I don't like incomplete stories. >_>
The rest of AV or the rest of the series as a whole? The rest of AV is locked up behind bars and will likely never be completed. The rest of the series MIGHT be freed one day. I don't know who would want to read 8 year old stories from back when I was an even worse writer.

-------------------------------------------------

This week's update is out. I had fun talking about the lead romantic interest, Zuri.

Offline Pal

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 02:32:15 am »
I would.

Offline rellimkram

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

The rest of AV or the rest of the series as a whole? The rest of AV is locked up behind bars and will likely never be completed. The rest of the series MIGHT be freed one day. I don't know who would want to read 8 year old stories from back when I was an even worse writer.

Admittedly, I've been hoping for a look at some of the old stuff, but whenever I bring it up you seem really self-conscious about it so I've pretty much given up on the idea, even though it would likely make my job a bit easier by giving me a bit better understanding of the world you've built. Regardless, it's fun getting to help and be a part of the Fates team, even if I'm relatively new to the series.
[Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:45 pm]:   Duke Rockhopper laughs! The creator has forbidden the character be used in ships. That's like telling a kid with a stick not to hit someone with it
Duke Rockhopper [Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:55 pm]:   People are gonna get hit with sticks
Geocorn [Sep 12, 2016, 01:41:44 pm]:   skipping class is as american as calling football soccer
Spoiler
Jynx: I mentioned that if Bea failed as a Maid, she'd force herself to be a housewife. /// WoolyShambler: Lucky Lola; looks like she'll have a live-in bedwarmer at the Lyceum /// Rev: Wasnt that Knat's job tho? /// WoolyShambler: I meant Bea /// Lola Lang would be happy enough to have both Bea and Knat in her bed each night

Offline FenixFire

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:03 pm »
Don't feel oblidged to release what you do not wish to. Regardless, I reckon it might offer enthusiasts a peek into your development as a writer. Rising Angels: Reborn was a veritable hit in my book. Amateur writers or fans of what you produce could learn from how far you had to come to really get the ball going.

Great stuff on that 4th update there. To prevent those annoying deletes, I usually type my text in notepad after which I can trim & tweak without losing the bulk of it due to some issue with a site. Keep it up!

Offline RegularGamer

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 05:59:06 pm »
One more reason for me to play Rising Angels: Reborn.

Also how did I not notice the Rising Angels section of the forums until now?
why do chinese write in anime letters

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 08:52:36 pm »
Don't feel oblidged to release what you do not wish to. Regardless, I reckon it might offer enthusiasts a peek into your development as a writer. Rising Angels: Reborn was a veritable hit in my book. Amateur writers or fans of what you produce could learn from how far you had to come to really get the ball going.

Great stuff on that 4th update there. To prevent those annoying deletes, I usually type my text in notepad after which I can trim & tweak without losing the bulk of it due to some issue with a site. Keep it up!
I'm right now letting a very small number of people take a look at it. If it isn't AS terrible as I know it is, I will consider letting select pieces back out into the world.

I was writing it in a text editor. I was hitting ctrl-c to paste it into the window just as the program suddenly locked up and crashed. Curse words could be heard from my office for an hour.

One more reason for me to play Rising Angels: Reborn.

Also how did I not notice the Rising Angels section of the forums until now?
I dunno, it has totally been there since the forums were made. >.>; Totally.