Author Topic: Does the 2 nd part of the red rose is avaiable somewhere ?  (Read 3955 times)

Offline AnIh

Does the 2 nd part of the red rose is avaiable somewhere ?
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:22:01 pm »
Hi guys, pretty much what the title say, Im pretty sad that it end like that in the middle of the story, I know its been remade but thats sad to be left there waiting whitout any idea how much time its gonna take, so does the red rose have been finished at all ? thanks.

Offline FenixFire

Re: Does the 2 nd part of the red rose is avaiable somewhere ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 05:00:41 am »
I believe everything the writer has officially released is on his website. As far as I can tell, no additional "Red Rose" content was made but I agree, the ending seemed abrupt even with the story coming to somewhat of a close. It might be the reason why the creator deems his first installment a lesser game and suggests new people to start off with "Rising Angels: Reborn" right away.

Offline rellimkram

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:46:27 pm »
Hey everyone. While I'm sorry to say that no extra content of Red Rose has ever been released, IDHAS Studios is currently working on a remake. Chief was/is quite displeased with how Red Rose turned out and has actively been working with the rest of the team to make improvements/changes for the new version. As a new member of the team, I'm not sure how much information I'm allowed to divulge, so I'll just leave it at that, along with letting you know that although the remake is being actively pursued, Fates is our main priority at the moment, so no projected release date for the remake of Red Rose has been made.
[Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:45 pm]:   Duke Rockhopper laughs! The creator has forbidden the character be used in ships. That's like telling a kid with a stick not to hit someone with it
Duke Rockhopper [Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:55 pm]:   People are gonna get hit with sticks
Geocorn [Sep 12, 2016, 01:41:44 pm]:   skipping class is as american as calling football soccer
Spoiler
Jynx: I mentioned that if Bea failed as a Maid, she'd force herself to be a housewife. /// WoolyShambler: Lucky Lola; looks like she'll have a live-in bedwarmer at the Lyceum /// Rev: Wasnt that Knat's job tho? /// WoolyShambler: I meant Bea /// Lola Lang would be happy enough to have both Bea and Knat in her bed each night

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »
I'm looking forward to it.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline FenixFire

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 05:48:50 pm »
Hey everyone. While I'm sorry to say that no extra content of Red Rose has ever been released, IDHAS Studios is currently working on a remake. Chief was/is quite displeased with how Red Rose turned out and has actively been working with the rest of the team to make improvements/changes for the new version. As a new member of the team, I'm not sure how much information I'm allowed to divulge, so I'll just leave it at that, along with letting you know that although the remake is being actively pursued, Fates is our main priority at the moment, so no projected release date for the remake of Red Rose has been made.

That's exciting news! A worthy effort indeed, no need to say more. I'm eager to see how the series will develop over time and if anything comes to mind, I'm positive not only I but the entire forum will happily lend a hand if need be.

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:49:19 pm »
Gasp! All of my secrets revealed!!!

There were a large number of issues with the development of Red Rose, which lead to a premature release. It was very soundly criticized and I almost quit developing entirely. People had some choice words with it and I still get regular hate mail over it. Instead, I panicked, wrote a new storyline, and released Rising Angels: Reborn. I think things worked out for the best, considering Reborn is a good story.

That being said, I still haven't quite given up on Red Rose. I've been working in my scarce free moments on writing additional scenes, polishing up others, and removing a few things from the story to help fix the flow and bring the story to a conclusion. CG are also being added to the story. I think we've got 9 planned CG; I'd have to check my records. It even got a new title, Rising Angels: Hope. Unfortunately, this is a hobby project and behind the two main projects being worked by the studio. I can't give any sort of deadline, but the intent is to have it out before Fates.

I suppose I can share one of the CG (and one of the very, very, very few "fan service-y" in my projects). Just as a little treat for everyone not calling for my execution for making you all wait so long.

Offline Pal

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:33:48 pm »
We don't execute people here for making us wait. We do it for other, much more important, things, like stealing cookies or lying about cake.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline FenixFire

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 06:12:16 pm »
Now that's some veritable fan-service! x3

A shame to hear the months of work you put into the game came to an abrupt conclusion due to issues, especially when you're getting flak for it. The CG revealed shows considerable promise and I'm positive it'll greatly enchance the first game. If all 3 titles are good in their own right, I reckon the series might really spike some major attention.

Best of luck with the projects!

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 03:17:16 am »
We don't execute people here for making us wait. We do it for other, much more important, things, like stealing cookies or lying about cake.
Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test.

A shame to hear the months of work you put into the game came to an abrupt conclusion due to issues, especially when you're getting flak for it. The CG revealed shows considerable promise and I'm positive it'll greatly enchance the first game. If all 3 titles are good in their own right, I reckon the series might really spike some major attention.

Yeah, it was something like 21 months of development hell. The Rising Angels series has been running/developing since early 2011. Fates is going to be the conclusion of the series though. Can't let a story run forever.

Offline Pal

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 07:26:55 am »
Fates is going to be the conclusion of the series though. Can't let a story run forever.
You can, but only within certain boundaries. :P

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »
Fates is going to be the conclusion of the series though. Can't let a story run forever.
One piece is trying very hard though :)
(though even that is nothing compared to the likes of Sazea-san etc)
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 02:55:44 pm »
One piece is trying very hard though :)
(though even that is nothing compared to the likes of Sazea-san etc)
One Piece is a good example of why I don't intent to let RA run forever. After working so hard to save the universe, Natalie needs to take a break and enjoy the universe she just saved... if she saves it. Or if it can be saved at all...

Offline FenixFire

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 03:12:22 pm »

Yeah, it was something like 21 months of development hell. The Rising Angels series has been running/developing since early 2011. Fates is going to be the conclusion of the series though. Can't let a story run forever.

Reckon that'll be good enough, else it might turn the series or future stories stale. One can only create so much content before falling into repetition. Regardless, a solid triology with strong points across all releases is bound to garner your studio a great deal of attention. A fan-base on which you can construct future projects and perhaps even make a (small) living off! A dream of many artists I figure.

All things aside, I'm confident you'll do well. You're dedicated and content is improving over time. You've definitely already convinced me for the future!

Offline rellimkram

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 05:14:33 pm »
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about the series ending after Fates. I mean, Rising Angels has definitely had itself a solid run (even if Red Rose got a bunch of hate, several people that I've talked to about it have enjoyed it), so there's not really any reason to try dragging it out past the logical end point. On the other hand, I personally only started into the series somewhat recently, and was quite lucky to make a deal with Chief to let me work on Fates. Now that I've gotten to touch the series in more intimate ways (feel free to make jokes as you please c; ), I'm really not looking forward to having to let it go once we're done with Fates, though - as I mentioned - my deal with Chief was for working on Fates, not anything beyond that (so I'm really glad that I get to help out with other things, even if it's just with small input on things I get directly asked for input on). I guess all I'm saying is that I've gotten rather attached to the Rising Angels series and will be sad to see it go, but at the same time feel that it has done well and will see a successful conclusion.
[Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:45 pm]:   Duke Rockhopper laughs! The creator has forbidden the character be used in ships. That's like telling a kid with a stick not to hit someone with it
Duke Rockhopper [Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:55 pm]:   People are gonna get hit with sticks
Geocorn [Sep 12, 2016, 01:41:44 pm]:   skipping class is as american as calling football soccer
Spoiler
Jynx: I mentioned that if Bea failed as a Maid, she'd force herself to be a housewife. /// WoolyShambler: Lucky Lola; looks like she'll have a live-in bedwarmer at the Lyceum /// Rev: Wasnt that Knat's job tho? /// WoolyShambler: I meant Bea /// Lola Lang would be happy enough to have both Bea and Knat in her bed each night

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 03:23:14 am »
The biggest thing is that even if is fairly new to most people, I've been working with this series for a decade. I've told a lot of stories with these characters in this setting. Part of me just wants to take a long break and put some of the burden of studio running down for a while. Of course, just like a heroin junkie, I keep taking another shot. Quite frankly, there is an opening for a continuation of the series in the existing outline. Not with Natalie as the main character, but it is there. Will I take it? We'll see when we get closer. I guess it all depends on how the other studio project does at release time.

All things aside, I'm confident you'll do well. You're dedicated and content is improving over time. You've definitely already convinced me for the future!
Thank you very much. It's been a long and painful road getting this far.