Author Topic: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page  (Read 44512 times)

Offline Shirley

Re: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2014, 12:55:46 am »
A programmer should know something about Algebra as he is working with abstract operations

#1) Welcome
#2) ....k.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Zkurosu

« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2015, 04:45:32 am »
I laughed. And then I realized I was already browsing TvTropes... and Cracked.

U-um... anyway... I hope everyone remembers to go to the actual trope pages and put an example for Sunrider there when you add new tropes. That way, more people will be able to find Sunrider through TvTropes!

Im sorry but why the hell does tharja have a wind spell e-e?
drown, my friends

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2015, 01:05:01 pm »
To kill birds, of course! Blasted things won't stop stealing Gaius's candy, and they keep flying into Kellam.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2015, 05:09:19 am »
I laughed. And then I realized I was already browsing TvTropes... and Cracked.

U-um... anyway... I hope everyone remembers to go to the actual trope pages and put an example for Sunrider there when you add new tropes. That way, more people will be able to find Sunrider through TvTropes!

Im sorry but why the hell does tharja have a wind spell e-e?

To kill birds, of course! Blasted things won't stop stealing Gaius's candy, and they keep flying into Kellam.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT AND WHY DID YOU NECRO THIS THEAD?!?!?

-googles it-

...oh, it's Elvis' Avvy...
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2015, 06:57:27 pm »
excalibur te best back in the days
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Histidine

« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2015, 10:00:32 am »
Battle of Far Port
(the template took too bloody long to get right)

Planned for use in a per-level walkthrough.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2015, 10:41:44 am »
I cannot thank you enough Histidine for your fantastic work. Right now I'm in a bit of a slump from my first days, but I really have to return some day.

BTW, now that I posted, what do you think of the character pages? Some anonymous made them, and while I value the work, it seem a tad bit too extensive even for my tastes.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Histidine

« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2015, 11:24:16 am »
Yeah, the character descriptions are pretty bloated even without the editorializing ("just play the game, damnit!")

They ought to be cleaned up eventually, but adding currently missing content is higher priority than removing information that's already there I think.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2015, 08:16:11 pm »
("just play the game, damnit!")

But this allows people to use the characters for RP just like the FE Mafia game going on right now. You don't have to play the game to know the characters.

but you might as well play the game because it's fun and you'll get to play 2 games instead of just 1...

Offline Histidine

« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2015, 11:44:10 pm »
Polished/updated Nightmare, added Arcadius (ryder) and Pirate Base. That's all the units, I think. EDIT: Havoc still out of date, meh
(also various other cleanups)

Okay, what to do with LibDay materials? I'm guessing we'll still use the same pages and add info to them accordingly, but there are a couple of points I'd like us to decide on:
  • Where applicable, should MoA or LD sprites be used for character infoboxes and such?
  • For unit pages, what to do if the stats differ between MoA and LD (e.g. the Pirate Grunt having missiles now)?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:48:07 pm by Histidine »

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2015, 05:16:13 pm »
I think that for now we shouldn't bother with ships and Ryders, as Samu-kun himself said that the whole combat system will be revamped for 9.0.

Still, after we reach 9.0 an idea could be to simply add the new information to the old pages, using the LibDay sprite for the LibDay stats (so a page would have 2 infoboxes), and maintain old stats and images as they are. As the core description shouldn't change, it would mean we'll simply have to make a sub-section after the current page, and probably put a (MoA) and a (LD) in its "subsection".

Of course, for characters it would be ideal to have the updated sprite in the infobox, though in some cases we can also maintain some old images (i.e. Fontana as a PACT Veniczar to contrast with his redesign as PACT's Venassar, etc)
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2015, 04:05:13 am »
("just play the game, damnit!")

But this allows people to use the characters for RP just like the FE Mafia game going on right now. You don't have to play the game to know the characters.

but you might as well play the game because it's fun and you'll get to play 2 games instead of just 1...

I'm in agreement with BMU; the character pages are wordy and some of the information is subjective interpretation rather than factual, but it still seems like a shame to par it down or get rid of it. 

Should mention that I'm likely biased as I get a kick out of the little novelization tid bits the author of the character info is putting in. 

Offline Shirley

« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2015, 06:26:26 am »
Should mention that I'm likely biased as I get a kick out of the little novelization tid bits the author of the character info is putting in.

LOL! That makes you lucky as hell!

Offline Histidine

« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2015, 12:29:54 pm »
Okay, I have Sunrider Academy now (finished Asaga's arc, working on Ava's now), so I'd be interested in spending some time adding Academy material to the wiki. But first:

Should Sunrider Academy stuff even be on the Sunrider wiki? They're very closely related, so it would make sense (and it would be Work to create a new wiki), but users may expect a dedicated wiki for each game.

Okay, suppose the answer is yes: how do we handle the pages? I'm thinking:
  • Major characters like Kayto and the girls should get dedicated pages for their Academy appearances.
  • Cameo namedrops like Grey and Claude can probably just have a mention on their space opera pages.
  • But what about the border cases who have speaking roles (e.g. Cullen, Fontana, Lynn)? These could go either way.

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »
I think it would be better to consolidate on a single wiki the way other game wiki's have multiple spin-offs, sequels, etc. on a single wiki. 

Since Sunrider Academy takes place in an alternate universe, I don't see much of a problem simply adding a Sunrider Academy section to each character that details their alternate life.  The downside would be how crowded the page would get, especially with anonymous-chan updating all the pages with so much plot information.  Having a Character (Sunrider Academy) page for each major character sounds like it would be appropriate, especially if you're planning on those pages being as detailed as the main Sunrider character pages eventually.

I think the border cases you mentioned could probably get their own pages.