Author Topic: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page  (Read 25573 times)

Offline Marx-93

Re: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2015, 10:49:18 pm »
Uhm, I'm with wooly with this. With the exception of Sola (maybe? I mean, it's very pseudo and now I don't remember the specifics), all the characters are in the end different too. I mean, they're themselves but without their issues, so I think they would require a totally new page.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Shirley

« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2015, 03:14:57 pm »
This isn't the end of the Sunrider universe, more will be added.

I've seen pages with content for multiple seasons/games/different stages of life (age based) all on one page.

Cross-overs, references, etc. It's gonna happen in all of them.

Chigara even mentioning "Do you need something scan-never mind." in Academy means there is some connection and separating it all is gonna be a pain.

Wait a sec...I have an IDEA!

Walk through here. There are a bunch of these games, and that loli girl on the right is in 2 of them.

http://agarest.wikia.com/wiki/Agarest_Wiki
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Histidine

« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2015, 07:05:43 am »
Alrighty.

New articles, some of which could use expanding / looking over:

Pages that are noticably missing (with red links and everything):
Academy versions of Kayto, Ava, Chigara, Sola
Academy clubs
Jay Oakrun
Cera City
Lynn (Sunrider version)

Okay, one more thing:
There are currently several references in the wiki to the Second Battle of Helion (page not created yet). I assigned that name to the series of engagements where you fight the Legion, then the Arcadius clones, then Cosette; the First Battle being the one where PACT attacks the Sunrider while it's snooping around the system and you have to hold out six turns till warp out. But thinking it over somehow, it seems a bit strange to label this relatively small encounter as a separate battle instead of an opening skirmish for the later battle.

Should we combine them accordingly into a single Battle of Helion?

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2015, 07:11:19 am »
Uhm, technically yes, but if we give it the same name may bring the impression you can't upgrade or restock after the skirmish, like in Ongess. So may be give it another name? Overall though we can group it with the Battle of Helion, I mean, I did the same with the "Incident at Versta".

Though I don't think it's a glaring mistake to simply leave it as it is.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Shirley

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2015, 05:17:58 am »
Do you know how to decompile to get the .png's for accuracy?

I hope Samu-Kun doesn't hate me for that.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2015, 05:20:38 am »

You mean the .rpa file?

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Shirley

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2015, 05:53:11 am »

You mean the .rpa file?

Yes.

I feel like he's gonna really hate me for this...and it gets worse the more questions I have to answer....

That question was hard to answer...

Offline Histidine

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2015, 09:24:58 pm »

You mean the .rpa file?

Yes.

I feel like he's gonna really hate me for this...and it gets worse the more questions I have to answer....

If you can handle command lines, use this

(please use responsibly or the space whales will be sad!)

Offline Shirley

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2015, 07:03:27 pm »

You mean the .rpa file?

Yes.

If you can handle command lines, use this

(please use responsibly or the space whales will be sad!)

OH, so you DO know how to. Good!

I have unrpa so I didn't need the link. XD

Offline Cliff_Mastah_15

« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2015, 09:24:41 pm »
sorry call me lazy, but i don't have time to read this whole thread atm.  So can someone please explain to me the point of the tvtrope again?  and yes, i am a bit ignorant today...having a bad week at work (but I digress).
1st Stage: man and sword become interchangeable.

2nd Stage: the sword resides not in the hand, but in the heart.

Final Stage: the sword disappears altogether. The desire to kill is gone; only peace remains.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2015, 05:00:11 am »
sorry call me lazy, but i don't have time to read this whole thread atm.  So can someone please explain to me the point of the tvtrope again?  and yes, i am a bit ignorant today...having a bad week at work (but I digress).

They've told me 5 times in a row before, and I still don't get it. The site design is total shit imo, and I can't ever look at a page for more than 3 seconds, so you and I are in the same barrel....

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2015, 10:10:04 am »
TVtropes is basically an informal wiki where the main objective is to collect information about commonly used literary (or also for television or videogames) devices, like the typical prince charming, the noble princess, the spoiled princess, etc.

It not only focuses on the most used or the already obsolete (clichés), but also on current trends. One of the best drawing points is that a lot of works have their own page(in theory mostly TV series, as seen in the tittle, but it also has a wide selection of animes) which lists the literary devices (called "tropes") used on that work. Every trope also has its own page, with a list of examples across various mediums. This means that browsing can be fairly addictive, as you can easily jump from the page of a single series you like to the page of another trope and jump on to another series listed as an example, etc.

It's also very informal, which means it has a bunch of cool features that really shouldn't have any relation with the main objective of the page but are left as they are because they're cool (like a trivia section for a work, a list of the most awesome moments of the serie/anime/book, etc).

Also, BMU, are you really a multimedia major? While the design may be bad, that page is a collaborative work between anonymous and based basically on media expectations and analysis, so it really seems like the thing a multimedia major really should be interested on, even if only to criticize it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:57:15 am by Marx-93 »

Offline Histidine

« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2015, 10:52:41 am »
I'm just mad at TV Tropes because I spent some time a few days back uploading new images for the Sunrider page, only to discover that it apparently still doesn't have any functionality for displaying images at anything other than full size (which every other wiki created after 1637 can do).

Offline SharrOfRyuvia

« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2016, 06:22:17 pm »
Ugh - I only just realized this was the official venue to put down notes on Wiki updates and modifications :P Reposting;

Well, in celebration of LB coming out in a few weeks, am pushing to get the Wiki up-to-date. Here's some bios to review - the Faux-doctor, the Tsundere Mercenary and muh Waifu the silent sniper ;D!

http://sunrider.gamepedia.com/Claude_Triello#
http://sunrider.gamepedia.com/Icari_Isidolde
http://sunrider.gamepedia.com/Sola_vi_Ryuvia

Also, a tentative list of 'trivia' I gathered for peer review - some of it referencing the tropes pages a bit (WARNING - because of potential spoilers in the trivia, it is naturally hidden in a spoiler tab!)

Spoiler
Kayto
- In the first draft of the story, Kayto wasn’t military-trained or even a native of Cera, instead being conceived as a freelance trader with his sister who would end up thrust into a leadership position on the Sunrider. This background was later adapted for Asaga and Chigara, only with the pair being best friends instead of siblings.
- Originally, Kayto and Sola were meant to be siblings. Echoes of this intent can be seen in how the two have something of a lingering physical resemblance in aspects of their designs, foremost being their shared white hair.
- Kayto can arguably be compared to Fate/Stay Night protagonist Shioru Emiya in regards to the Moralist path, and can also be compared to the Shirou’s alternate-timeline counterpart Archer in regards to the Prince path. Both are different takes on a single person, emphasizing differing elements of a normally good-natured man - one is idealistic and wishes to save everyone, the other is cynical and is willing to sacrifice.

Maray
- Originally, the role of Kayto’s sister was actually filled by Sola. It wasn’t until later on that Katyo’s sister was redesigned as an entirely separate character with a different name and an almost completely-reversed personality from the stoic, quiet one chosen for Sola. Additionally, the photo of Maray in Kayto’s office is actually the prototype concept for Sola.

Ava
- As of the first Liberation Day beta, Ava still held the title of most voted-for best 'waifu' in the game in spite of her standoffish nature.
- In the original draft of the story, Ava had never met Kayto until the latter stumbled aboard the Sunrider one day and was thrust into the command seat.
- Ava is regarded as being a victim of the ‘hidden buxom’ trope by Asaga in the Novelization, as her officer’s uniform and cold personality often hides or distracts from her figure. This would later be lampshaded in Sunrider: Academy during Ava’s route where Kayto remarks he never really noticed how incredibly curvaceous Ava is because of her choice in clothes and stern, almost off-putting demeanor.
- The Novelization shows Ava having more moments of emotion then in the Visual Novel, most prominent of which being Claude’s attempted molesting of Kayto; in the Novel, she screams in rage, shock and embarrassment whereas in the Visual Novel she is indifferent or, at the very least, trying to ignore the awkwardness of what she’s seeing.

Asaga
- In the original rough-draft of the story, Asaga was meant to be an ace fighter-pilot as Ryders weren’t an implemented element at the time. A shout-out to this exists in the game when Chigara mentions that Asaga flew a surplus fighter prior to her owning the Black Jack.
- Ironically, Asaga has never once won any of the character polls in spite of having claimed (in out-of-universe shorts) that she was supposed to be the female lead of the series.
- Asaga’s increasingly bitter nature towards Chigara in Liberation Day could be seen as an indirect mirroring of events in the popularity poll shorts, in which Asaga became more and more depressed that she’d lost out three times in a row to Chigara and never won even once.

Sola
- Originally, Sola was conceived as being the main character Kayto’s younger sister in the first draft of the story, and that this is why both Kayto and Sola where designed with platinum/white hair. In fact, the picture of the young Maray in Kayto’s quarters is actually the original concept-image for Sola.
- While her figure is described as being generally modest, Sola has been widely noted as having a very prominent rear-end and hips, as well as how Sola’s character-sprite often faces away from the screen in a way that shows off her back and rear. Much like the character C.C. from the popular mecha-series Code Geass, Sola has become something of an unexpected 'Ms. Fanservice' trope icon because of her shapely backside-assets, even starring in a promotional Christmas print alongside the running ‘model-girl’ Claude.
-- Also like C.C. from Code Geass, Sola is regarded as a lonely and detached woman from a long-ago age, initially desiring to die as the world around her no longer held any meaning for her and slowly regaining a desire to care about her own life again.
- It’s noted in her official bio that Sola is at least partly aware of the events her alternate-reality counterparts live through, and that she had come in direct contact with one parallel of the Sunrider Academy Kayto - the one that falls in love with his own timeline’s Sola. This makes the original Sola the only character from the main series who had a (confirmed) direct appearance in Sunrider Academy.

Icari
- Icari practically won the character poll immediately after her debut. Out of all the characters not introduced in the first airing of the game’s beta, Icari attained the fastest win in the franchise’s publication history between the time of the contest-results and the time of her first appearance.
- In Mask of Arcadius’ original script, an entire chapter was devoted to tracking down the ship and PACT captain responsible for her family’s death. This would in turn result in a hunt that would culminate with the choice of allowing a bioweapon to render a world uninhabitable in order to kill the PACT captain, or to save the world at the cost of letting the PACT captain go.

Kryska
- Kryska’s character design saw notable revision during her development, originally having had short straight hair and lacking the more tomboyish appearance she would later have.
- Kryska’s budding friendship and possible romance with Icari could be seen as one of the many instances that follow the common trope of “the odd couple” - two people of extreme opposites becoming very close over time.
- In spite of giving her age as 22, it’s been noted that Kryska is actually of equal age to the rest of the crew - around 25 years - and that the discrepancy is because she judges her age by the Solar Alliance’s calendar, which runs differently from, and apparently slower then,  the Ceren calendar. Added to this is that Kryska's age on her forged transcripts may have been given as younger then her actual age, so as to make her seem like a less-experienced common soldier instead of a highly-trained spec-ops.
- Out of the entire female cast, Kryska is thus far the only member of the Sunrider's current crew who has not expressed any romantic attraction to Kayto. Whether this is because she is not attracted to men, does not see Kayto as anything more then a friend or simply is better at hiding romantic attraction then the other females is yet to be seen.

Claude
- Claude has become something of the public fan-service icon for Sunrider, even appearing in a special Christmas promotional image for the game alongside the surprise fan-service girl Sola.
- In the original cut for Mask of Arcadius’ plot, Claude somehow managed to become the replacement executive officer for the Sunrider after Ava left the ship for a diplomatic mission with the Alliance. She took this opportunity to once again try and seduce Kayto - culminating in a purportedly-comical scene where she was all but “spilling out” of her officer’s uniform, which was likely one of Ava’s own spares. She would also end up having to take emergency command of the vessel - possibly without Kayto’s presence, as it was never specified if he was deposed as well for whatever reason - when PACT launches a surprise attack on the ship.
- Claude was regarded as one of the easiest picks for being the teased ’traitor’ due to her being the pilot with the least-explained backstory, as well as it tending to be a trope that the ‘airhead’ is smarter then they seem.
- A version of Claude apparently exists in Sunrider Academy as a student, having propositioned a ‘Kayto Shields Appreciation Club’ after the Council Vice President was scandalized by Asaga’s carelessness regarding her joking about an incident in the Kendo Club’s storage room.
— It is also speculated that Claude may have been the mysterious voice the Academy Kayto encounters in Sola’s route, as it noted that Kayto was attractive even in his ‘younger form’, suggesting she’d met either the Captain Kayto from the main games or at least one variant of him.

Chigara
- Chigara was an early favorite for the best character polls, having won at least twice and even once ending in a three-way tie with Ava and Sola.
- Chigara was regarded as one of the easiest picks for being the teased ‘traitor’ aboard the Sunrider for Liberation Day due to her apparent connection with Arcadius, which had been long-standing from the moment the latter was first seen due to their similar character sprites regarding the hairstyles and sizes.
- If Sunrider Academy is any indication, Chigara is actually a fair bit older then her appearance would let on, if equal enough to Kayto in age that she would be in the same school as him - meaning that in Sunrider, Chigara’s age in Ceren years could be anywhere between 26 and 28.
— However, if Sunrider Academy’s routes are this valid, it would also make Chigara’s age a moot point as it suggests Chigara is in fact a Prototype and, like the rest of her “siblings”, was artificially grown and aged.

Cosette
- Data-mining in the Sunrider games shows there was an R&D menu icon for Cosette’s Ryder, the Havoc, in the game files - pointing to the fact that Cosette was, either at some point in the games or in a future installment, meant to be recruited into the ship’s compliment. It’s likely that it was meant to be used at a latter date, but the decision to release Liberation Day as a separate title meant it never saw use in the original - though it did foreshadow the capture of Cosette and the choice to add her Ryder to the Sunrider’s forces.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:28:18 pm by SharrOfRyuvia »