Author Topic: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page  (Read 25564 times)

Offline Endershadow

Re: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 06:28:10 am »
PS: By the way, Mining Union or Mining Confederation?
I'm going to go with Mining Union because that's what it is in the game.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 07:22:06 am »
Okay, thanks, I will simply put both the planet Image and the description's image, but then I'll need to get a little inventive abou the text.

By the way, the characters are already completed. Some may need a little revision and expanding, but all the heroines are finished. I also admit that I had a liitle of fun hiding some minor jokes, and, well, not hiding them in the pages where there is not anything serious anyway (*cough*ClaudeandCosette*cough*), so look and if you find it too ridiculous I'll tone it down.
Today is the Ryder day, time to put the uploaded images to use. I have too much free time

had a look at Claudes article and made a number of corrections. you may want to look into a spellchecker for your browser. I don't have a problem with any jokes you put in there - the game can be pretty silly too at times.
it's mining union. I forgot which one it was and just put in whatever as a placeholder :) (fixed it now)
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 07:48:53 am »
Okay, thanks, I will simply put both the planet Image and the description's image, but then I'll need to get a little inventive abou the text.

By the way, the characters are already completed. Some may need a little revision and expanding, but all the heroines are finished. I also admit that I had a liitle of fun hiding some minor jokes, and, well, not hiding them in the pages where there is not anything serious anyway (*cough*ClaudeandCosette*cough*), so look and if you find it too ridiculous I'll tone it down.
Today is the Ryder day, time to put the uploaded images to use. I have too much free time

had a look at Claudes article and made a number of corrections. you may want to look into a spellchecker for your browser. I don't have a problem with any jokes you put in there - the game can be pretty silly too at times.
it's mining union. I forgot which one it was and just put in whatever as a placeholder :) (fixed it now)

You are quite right. To be honest I'm in the akward position of having the spellchecker of my Firefox in my native language (spanish) and this last months my firefox is acting very funny. So I think that I'll simply start doing it in my Chrome. Thanks for the revision, probably going to look at everything again, because I'll have mistakes like that everywhere.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 10:10:31 am »
Sorry to double-post, but well, I finally realized how bad it was, and well, it is embarrassing. I'm sorry. I have now installed a proper spellchecker and revised my major contributions, but if you find some page with still some broken english, well, either tell me or revise it yourself

I actually asked everyone to tell me whenever I had any english mistakes, why did you let it go unopposed until it became THIS!

Actually I have to thank you Vaendryl, as looking more deeply I realized that my problems with spellcheckers was due to a virus, and that the Firefox was acting funny was too because of it. So in a way my broken english saved me from further problems. Now I should be able to do it properly.

My progress has been slowed, but I should be able to finish the ryders by tomorrow.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2014, 10:28:10 pm »
Sorry for triple post (kind of a record here), but since nobody uses this thread had to do it. Samu-kun, at the lore portion of the PACT Revolution you talk about Venassars, right? Is an early spelling of Veniczar or totally different things? In general in the part of Lore there are a pair of thing that make scratch my head (such as Arcadius theoretically having more than 60 years, but his first public appearance being only at the year 490, etc), and I smell that this won't be the last of these kind of questions, so can you tell me of a way to contact you (or Vaendry, if he knows it) for this kind of things? A PM would serve, I suppose, but I don't know if you see them, or if you prefer another way.

By the way, the Ryders and characters parts are pretty much done, together with a decent spelling. Fell free to tell me what you think.

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 12:00:02 am »
The Venassar was the leader of the Compact, the revolutionary movement which lead to the end of the New Empire.

The Compact became PACT once the New Empire was defeated and the former Imperial worlds were reorganized into a new nation state. Further, Arcadius titled himself and all the other leaders of the revolution as Veniczar following the formation of PACT, based on the word Venassar.

Most people in the galaxy do not really grasp the difference, as the Compact was an inter-planetary organization under intergalactic law, while PACT is a nation state. People now just call everything PACT.

The current age of Arcadius is based on estimates of his age upon his emergence in 490. Note though that the average life span of humans in civilized space in the world of Sunrider is around 130, so 60 is considered early middle age.

Also, good job with the wiki. b^_^

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 07:07:57 am »
The Venassar was the leader of the Compact, the revolutionary movement which lead to the end of the New Empire.

The Compact became PACT once the New Empire was defeated and the former Imperial worlds were reorganized into a new nation state. Further, Arcadius titled himself and all the other leaders of the revolution as Veniczar following the formation of PACT, based on the word Venassar.

Most people in the galaxy do not really grasp the difference, as the Compact was an inter-planetary organization under intergalactic law, while PACT is a nation state. People now just call everything PACT.

The current age of Arcadius is based on estimates of his age upon his emergence in 490. Note though that the average life span of humans in civilized space in the world of Sunrider is around 130, so 60 is considered early middle age.

Also, good job with the wiki. b^_^

Uh, interesting things, all of them. Then I suppose I understand why Icari despite being 25 years old is more or less thought as a teenager, and the Captain and Ava talk about such "long time" since high school (I suppose 10 years can be considered a long time).
Going to edit and update a pair of things. By the way Samu-kun, I asked in another thread but it becomes kind of important for the wiki, are the CG scenes true in-game? I mean, if I count 60 Alliance cruisers when the Emerald Fleet warps in, it has 60 cruisers? Or are the CG more thought for dramatic effect or too constrained by the budget to make this thought? Actually, do you mind if I ask you questions like this by PM? (at this rate, 80% of this thread will become my posts asking things...)

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 10:35:32 am »
at this rate, 80% of this thread will become my posts asking things...
I'm sure nobody would mind this much. Besides, certain people may enjoy reading the information provided in your questions, and in the answers you receive.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 01:18:57 pm »
at this rate, 80% of this thread will become my posts asking things...
I'm sure nobody would mind this much. Besides, certain people may enjoy reading the information provided in your questions, and in the answers you receive.

at least there's a single person on this forum who cares about not spamming :)
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2014, 10:31:40 pm »
When I started having too much free time expanding the wiki, one of the first things that looked very bad was the fact that only half of the pages featured at the front page were done. Now with pride, I can tell that at the front page only one page without nothing in it remains, an is that of The Paradigm (more on that later). So i declare the first stage of the wiki complete! Now we the wiki is a serviceable one!

There is still a lot to do. Samu-kun still hasn't asked some of my questions (no, I don't get the hint, the CG are dramatic or true in-universe?), but even so I have to ask to change some of the things of the front page, put info on enemy units and finally start working with either infoboxes or tables for the big battles. This next weeks, I'm not going to be so active(going to play 4.2 and try the hex mod), but even so it should still improve quite a bit. Even so i want to say this:

-Now that is somehow complete, it would help if you visited the wiki. Not only orthographical mistakes, also I probably couldn't expand as much as possible the page of your waifu, and since I mainly dedicated myself to plot pages, the gameplay ones are still a little poor (they were the best once I started though). So if you want to add anything, do it freely except my lame secret jokes, these are sacred, understood!. If you plan to do it methodically try to tell it here though, this way it won't catch me by surprise if you make 10 edits in a day (also, this way we won't accidentally delete your edits, that while rare could happen).
-What do we do with the Paradigm. Samu-kun says that it won't appear in game, but nobody in this forum believes him. However, the truth is that even if it appears, it would theoretically be a secret character, so it shouldn't be in the front page. If I have permission I would also like to change some things of the front page. Why do we need pages with "characters" or "Lore" if we can use categories instead?
- I have named some pages that I won't create (like "Incident at Versta"), because I either don't have a good idea of how to do it or don't have near enough info to go on (ex: Solaris as a planet). If you want to create something, please go ahead.

And so, this is for today

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 02:25:05 am »
I swear, the Paradygm is not supposed to be in the game. It's just left over code for when the Paladin was still called Paradygm. Just ask Cayla Martin, I had to make her rerecord her lines so that she wasn't talking about Paradygm any more!

Offline Histidine

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 01:24:01 pm »
-What do we do with the Paradigm. Samu-kun says that it won't appear in game, but nobody in this forum believes him.
I swear, the Paradygm is not supposed to be in the game. It's just left over code for when the Paladin was still called Paradygm. Just ask Cayla Martin, I had to make her rerecord her lines so that she wasn't talking about Paradygm any more!

I guess what we need is...

*glasses*

...a Paradigm shift.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 04:20:45 pm »
While Gorchnik certainly applauds your effort and contribution to the wiki; it is just that, a wiki.  Don't take it so seriously. 

BUT MY LORD.....

We don't need Samu-shamu to answer every question, nor do we need people to go digging through code to try to find hidden space-whales or technical names we haven't seen in the game. Wikis are supposed to be updated as more information becomes relevant.  Given that we don't even have 2/3 of the game available to us lets just take it slow yeah?

Offline Zjunrei

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 08:12:54 pm »
Hi all.  This is a reminder that we're always looking for community members to update our TVTropes page and wiki with new information as the betas get released.  I'm already excited at the huge amount of fun stuff on the TVTropes page and look forward to what you add next! :D  (Please see Wave Motion Cannon)

TVTropes:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VisualNovel/Sunrider
Wiki:  http://sunrider.gamepedia.com/Sunrider_Wiki

*finally tears himself off of tvtropes* Samu-kun I for one thank you and the others for making the game and all, but for linking me to a tropes page I will utterly detest you for the rest of the evening...[/jk]

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 07:58:00 am »
While Gorchnik certainly applauds your effort and contribution to the wiki; it is just that, a wiki.  Don't take it so seriously. 

BUT MY LORD.....

We don't need Samu-shamu to answer every question, nor do we need people to go digging through code to try to find hidden space-whales or technical names we haven't seen in the game. Wikis are supposed to be updated as more information becomes relevant.  Given that we don't even have 2/3 of the game available to us lets just take it slow yeah?

My Lord, are you forcing me to choose between you and a cat with a pink dress and hat? How can you do that, your Cruel Majesty?

Jokes aside I somewhat agree. It was however that I barely arrived at this forum 10 days ago, and then I'm suddenly changing the frontal page of the wiki. I thought, "Is this truly alright?". Considering that neither Vaendryl nor Samu-kun have said nothing to me, I will consider that as tacit approval and continue some of the wikis restructuration which is a cool name for simply creating categories and erasing others, which in fact I almost ended yesterday. I need another important-sounding task that doesn't require to do much to make it seem like I'm doing a lot...

About questions to Samu-kun, I agree that we need to let him end the game (in the case of the Paradigm I agree with you and found it silly, but still it was in the wiki's front page, so I couldn't simply delete it), but there are some things that could use a clarification, to evade plot-holes and let those with a need to expand and imagine that universe in his mind (i.e. people like me)  find some contentment.

So, Samu-kun, CG are real in-universe or a dramatic representation?! No, I'm still not getting the hint. If you don't answer, then I'll prepare a battery of questions that would leave even the best writer crying, even if I have to double-post! I'll probably do it anyway