Author Topic: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page  (Read 27336 times)

Offline Shirley

Re: Sunrider Wiki/TV Tropes Page
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 06:55:07 pm »
Gorchnik likes how Sunrider's page has some of the most tropes on it for an English VN.

What?
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:09 am »
Well, since these next days I have more free time than I am willing to admit, I thought about going wild on the wiki, that seems pretty forgotten. Because of that I have a pair of questions
  • There is some limit on the files uploaded? I though of uploading a pair of dozens of images, and to do it directly from the game files. Since is open Source, there should be no problems, but even so I ask. Want to limit the images or that I don't upload directly from the game files?
  • How should I go about spoilers? I was thinking of creating pages of thinks like the Invasion of Cera, or the Battle at Far Port (and maybe later add a part explaining the mission and initial positions, aside from the ingame exlanation), so we should put some warning? (if so at what point: anything that happens in the game, anything beyond the first two hours, etc) Or simply don't put anything?
  • There is a way for me to get the descriptions of planets directly? I would feel slightly stupid having to transcribe what is on the game word for word for every planet (sorry for being lazy)
Thanks. I don't promise anything though, I'm pretty noob at wikis, and so don't expect too much
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 02:23:59 pm »
Well, since these next days I have more free time than I am willing to admit, I thought about going wild on the wiki, that seems pretty forgotten. Because of that I have a pair of questions
  • There is some limit on the files uploaded? I though of uploading a pair of dozens of images, and to do it directly from the game files. Since is open Source, there should be no problems, but even so I ask. Want to limit the images or that I don't upload directly from the game files?
  • How should I go about spoilers? I was thinking of creating pages of thinks like the Invasion of Cera, or the Battle at Far Port (and maybe later add a part explaining the mission and initial positions, aside from the ingame exlanation), so we should put some warning? (if so at what point: anything that happens in the game, anything beyond the first two hours, etc) Or simply don't put anything?
  • There is a way for me to get the descriptions of planets directly? I would feel slightly stupid having to transcribe what is on the game word for word for every planet (sorry for being lazy)
Thanks. I don't promise anything though, I'm pretty noob at wikis, and so don't expect too much

Huge spoiler notice on top would help, and cera gettin blown up isnt so much of spoiler. its first 5 min of game. You can also darken the title as black bars I think so that you have to drag over it. (but this makes it very annoying so just go with spoiler warning.)
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

There should also be a link somewhere on the main page of TV tropes that shows all of the formatting options and how to upload images to the site.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 04:41:22 pm »
There should also be a link somewhere on the main page of TV tropes that shows all of the formatting options and how to upload images to the site.

I was actually refering to the Sunrider wiki. I don't want to dissapoint my Lord, but every time I try to even have the idea of editing something in TV tropes I end sidetracked. Furthermore, with my big walls of text and penchant for universe-building, i think I'm more of a normal wiki guy, than a TV Tropes guy.

I actually started creating some articles in the wiki. I also separated Ryuvia from the Planet (Ryuvia Prime), because I supose that whenever we start talking about the Holy Empire, or something, it would get confusing fast (it isn't like Cera, were the nation only has ever had that planet).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:14:17 pm by Marx-93 »
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Megillot

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 08:52:58 pm »
How should I go about spoilers?

I love spoilers. Feel free to add everything.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:28 pm »
wiki's typically don't care about spoiling things. you go to a wiki for info and spoilers should be obvious. just keep it reasonable.
if people look up the combat mechanics there's no need to mention story spoilers, but if they look up the article for the glorious veniczar Cullen it can and should plainly mention he was lost at the battle of far point.
I know of no wiki that goes out of its way to hide spoilers.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:47:24 pm by Vaendryl »
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 06:55:26 am »
wiki's typically don't care about spoiling things. you go to a wiki for info and spoilers should be obvious. just keep it reasonable.
if people look up the combat mechanics there's no need to mention story spoilers, but if they look up the article for the glorious veniczar Cullen it can and should plainly mention he was lost at the battle of far point.

Perfect. I'll put a spoiler Warning anyway whenever I think that is heavy plot stuff (ex: true identity of Asaga). About the images, i have permission to basically upload 1/3 (joking, I think...) of the CG, update the character portraits (Kryska still has her old...) and add some more?

BTW. I already have made various changes and created a pair of pages. If you can see them and give me your OK or your total denial, it would help me to don't do any more changes that might be reverted.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 08:01:58 am »

Perfect. I'll put a spoiler Warning anyway whenever I think that is heavy plot stuff (ex: true identity of Asaga). About the images, i have permission to basically upload 1/3 (joking, I think...) of the CG, update the character portraits (Kryska still has her old...) and add some more?

BTW. I already have made various changes and created a pair of pages. If you can see them and give me your OK or your total denial, it would help me to don't do any more changes that might be reverted.

I've looked through your work and it looks great so far! no complaints from me :)
the only thing that bothered me wasn't written by you at all, so that must be a good sign. (fixed it by now)
by all means, keep going :D
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 09:04:03 am »

I've looked through your work and it looks great so far! no complaints from me :)
the only thing that bothered me wasn't written by you at all, so that must be a good sign. (fixed it by now)
by all means, keep going :D

Thanks, then I'm going to go wild.
You still haven't ansewered about the images, tough...

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:11 am »
I've no idea about the images. the wiki is hosted on gamepedia which hosts it for free. afaik there's no real need to worry about upload limits as much larger wiki's exist with on problems.
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 12:32:00 pm »
I've no idea about the images. the wiki is hosted on gamepedia which hosts it for free. afaik there's no real need to worry about upload limits as much larger wiki's exist with on problems.

I was going to go trigger happy with the images, but the moment an image weighed more than 1Mb, my connection kindly said f**k you, so I'm going to take it slowly. Around half of the characters are done (expanded, and with the new portraits) though, going to go for the other half between today and tomorrow.

By the way Vaendryl, is there any way possible for you to give me the in-game planet descriptions without me having to transcribe them? Please? Think of my poor free time  :'(...

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 10:56:26 pm »
By the way Vaendryl, is there any way possible for you to give me the in-game planet descriptions without me having to transcribe them? Please? Think of my poor free time  :'(...
I vaguely recall looking for the same in the game's code but the descriptions are actually an image rather than displayed through the engine. maybe Sam has it in text but I do not :(
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 01:52:04 am »
As far as I'm aware, there isn't a built in way to do this. There might be a way if we use custom classes though...

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:55 am »
As far as I'm aware, there isn't a built in way to do this. There might be a way if we use custom classes though...
I vaguely recall looking for the same in the game's code but the descriptions are actually an image rather than displayed through the engine. maybe Sam has it in text but I do not :(

Okay, thanks, I will simply put both the planet Image and the description's image, but then I'll need to get a little inventive abou the text.

By the way, the characters are already completed. Some may need a little revision and expanding, but all the heroines are finished. I also admit that I had a liitle of fun hiding some minor jokes, and, well, not hiding them in the pages where there is not anything serious anyway (*cough*ClaudeandCosette*cough*), so look and if you find it too ridiculous I'll tone it down.
Today is the Ryder day, time to put the uploaded images to use. I have too much free time

PS: By the way, Mining Union or Mining Confederation?