Author Topic: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread  (Read 61980 times)

Offline Whalecow

ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« on: November 06, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »
---F.S.S. (Free Star Ship) Legion, In orbit above Cera.---
(Legion orbits Cera, its sapphire and gray coloring gleaming oddly with the light of the nearby star. Freshly emblazoned on its hull is a blue shield with white border, a  silver dual-edged shortsword sticking up from the lower center. It is a symbol of change... a symbol of hope for a galaxy passing through hell. It gleams beautifully.)

Nozomi: When'll they be here, daddy?
Cosette: I'll give you 10 to 1 that they don't show.
Nozomi: You don't have to be here, you know.
Cosette: I sure as hell don't. I don't need to join some grand charity group!
Nozomi: Then why are you here?
Cosette: I guess I owe these losers for that Ongess job they pulled.
Whalecow: Ladies! Try to get along for two seconds, okay? I'm sure they'll be here soon.
Sensors: Sir! Contact on scanners!
Whalecow: Ah... they're finally here!
Cosette: ...

---------------

It's been two years since the battle of New Eden. The Sunrider went down with her captain aboard at the second battle of Cera. The Alliance's methods for "peace" were leaked shortly after the victory, and its unity is all but a thing of the past. PACT was utterly defeated. All that remains are a few diehard cells scattered throughout the galaxy.
It is a time of anarchy. Many factions have arisen to fill the void. Empires rise and fall, the victims of their own power...but it is the common man who suffers. For a time Legion was part of these factions... but no longer. Today it is a symbol of total, complete independence. Yet the future of the galaxy is even more dangerous and foreboding than ever.
The time has come for a solution. Today we christen the ADF, or Alliance for the Defense of Freedom. Today we make an oath to come to each others aid when requested, to muster in force when necessary, for the preservation of life, liberty, and general well-being of the everyday individual. Each member shall be independent, free to travel as they wish. Do not forget the obligations of mutual aid, however.
I extent this invitation to all individuals, their planets, moons, starbases, starships, etc. Join us. Join the ADF.
And to all you tyrants out there... We are one. We are powerful. And we are coming.
-Whalecow, Captain of the FSS Legion. The entirety of the ADF charter.

--------------
Whalecow: So... what say you? Will you answer this call to arms?
Cosette: Or will you go running with your tail between your legs?
Nozomi: We need you guys!
Ava: To leave the common man defenseless... Unacceptable.
Whalecow: We're waiting...

Your move.

Prince/Moralist spreadsheet:
 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MkY6v4MU4nKee_P9kJmU5wKIVqoaCNj-vKSfaFgzoR0/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:54:29 pm by Whalecow »
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline chm2012

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:32:28 am »
Hmm, a gigantic weapon of doom as a symbol of defense? Somehow I don't think that I would join you (as a freedom fighter).

Of course, if you'd institute the next "New Empire II, now with 185% more firepower!" I'll be at your side...so state your true intentions! :)

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:37:43 pm »
I would like to sign up as your nemesis. With my own enormous capital ship of evil, which is actually just a recolour of Legion, and an imperialistic crew which won't hesitate to manually fire their vanguards to wipe out your pathetic wreck of a starship i'll take you all down. My loyal slaves! We can't let anyone have a free line of thought, let alone be free in any way. It's time we show the world how powerful the force of order is to be reckoned with! We shall be obliged to act as one, obey your superiors no matter what they tell you, protect the tyranny all around the galaxy, and not hesitate to go manually fire the vanguards when we have to. We bring to this galaxy dark era of slavery, control, and law enforcement. And may the ideals of ORDER, OPPRESSION, INJUSTICE reign forever!!!!!
*insert obligatory evil laugh here*

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:09:11 pm »
Endershadow: Endershadow reporting in. I'll join the ADF.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Napsy NAPS

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 01:30:31 pm »
What do I do, what do I do?!?!
Evil?Good?Evil?Good? AAAAAARRRGGGG DECISIONS

-------------------

Sphee: ADF?... The Galaxy sure is about to change. I will have to think this trhough.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 04:09:40 pm »
Recruitment will continue. Here is a response for what we have now.
Hmm, a gigantic weapon of doom as a symbol of defense? Somehow I don't think that I would join you (as a freedom fighter).

Of course, if you'd institute the next "New Empire II, now with 185% more firepower!" I'll be at your side...so state your true intentions!
No, it's actually for defense. And yes, I have already stated my intentions.
I would like to sign up as your nemesis. With my own enormous capital ship of evil, which is actually just a recolour of Legion, and an imperialistic crew which won't hesitate to manually fire their vanguards to wipe out your pathetic wreck of a starship i'll take you all down. My loyal slaves! We can't let anyone have a free line of thought, let alone be free in any way. It's time we show the world how powerful the force of order is to be reckoned with! We shall be obliged to act as one, obey your superiors no matter what they tell you, protect the tyranny all around the galaxy, and not hesitate to go manually fire the vanguards when we have to. We bring to this galaxy dark era of slavery, control, and law enforcement. And may the ideals of ORDER, OPPRESSION, INJUSTICE reign forever!!!!!
*insert obligatory evil laugh here*
ehehehe...
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
A cheap replica cannot compare to the power of good that has come to this galaxy! All fighters for freedom... Unite!
Alright "Yin", you have no idea what has begun here!
Endershadow: Endershadow reporting in. I'll join the ADF.
An excellent start. Anyone else?
What do I do, what do I do?!?!
Evil?Good?Evil?Good? AAAAAARRRGGGG DECISIONS

-------------------

Sphee: ADF?... The Galaxy sure is about to change. I will have to think this trhough.
Make your choice. We'll be here.
And yes. Change is coming.

Keep going! Whoo!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 09:57:07 am »
Don't worry, i'l make a worthwhile rival. I'll modify the ship so that it's so much more powerful than yours that it'll be impossible for anything short of your entire alliance, united in the power of friendship or possibly multiple manually fired vanguard cannons at the same time. That'll probably be too difficult for you to achieve so i can leave that as it's only weakness. muhahahahaha~

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 12:37:38 pm »
Don't worry, i'l make a worthwhile rival. I'll modify the ship so that it's so much more powerful than yours that it'll be impossible for anything short of your entire alliance, united in the power of friendship or possibly multiple manually fired vanguard cannons at the same time. That'll probably be too difficult for you to achieve so i can leave that as it's only weakness. muhahahahaha~

I don't think manually fired Vanguards are more powerful than remotely fired ones. Also, don't underestimate my control of reality holes.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 01:37:10 pm »
I see you aren't that well studied about your faction after all. Why are you following them? If you were, you'd know that the Legion design, which my ship copies,  is capable of shrugging off a lot of stuff which would otherwise make it easy and painless to deal with. But it probably won't work that well for your Legion now. Being badly battered and switching sides does not go along well with overpowered attributes for your kind.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 01:50:38 pm »
I see you aren't that well studied about your faction after all. Why are you following them? If you were, you'd know that the Legion design, which my ship copies,  is capable of shrugging off a lot of stuff which would otherwise make it easy and painless to deal with. But it probably won't work that well for your Legion now. Being badly battered and switching sides does not go along well with overpowered attributes for your kind.

My point still stands.

Offline Lightfollower

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:01:35 pm »
Lightfollower reporting in.
The fella who has been handling the characters on Sunrider's and the Sunrider Academy's VNDB page.

Sunrider's VNDB page: http://vndb.org/v14112/chars
Sunrider Academy's VNDB page: https://vndb.org/v16221/chars#chars
My profile: http://vndb.org/u70739

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 06:31:45 pm »
Hehehehe. You forget. I have had Legion for the last two years. It's seen EXTENSIVE upgrades, to the point where it can annihilate many normal Legions with hardly a scratch.
And don't laugh at friendship just because you are evil and have no friends.
Badly battered. Hah! It is true, we held back a massive nuking of New Eden during the final battle. We had nothing left to give. So we came to Cera and got a hull repair, a repaint, etc.
We have... other upgrades...
But you'll find out about them soon enough.
Lightfollower reporting in.
Welcome aboard.

Keep those invite acceptances coming!
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline KTKM-Sama

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 10:51:08 pm »
Uh...Hi? This is KTKM, reporting for duty.

Did I arrive too late? I didn't see anyone here, a-are you using cloak field? or did I go to the wrong place?

Offline Lightfollower

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 11:13:24 pm »
Well it is simply a question of what do we do now?

Personally I vote we go find some new intelligent species and declare war on them. I believe that is the lead up for many invasion scenarios.
The fella who has been handling the characters on Sunrider's and the Sunrider Academy's VNDB page.

Sunrider's VNDB page: http://vndb.org/v14112/chars
Sunrider Academy's VNDB page: https://vndb.org/v16221/chars#chars
My profile: http://vndb.org/u70739

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
Did I arrive too late? I didn't see anyone here, a-are you using cloak field? or did I go to the wrong place?
Legion is currently cloaked, yes.

I was waiting for any additional individuals who wished to join.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow