Author Topic: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread  (Read 62207 times)

Offline Whalecow

Re: ADF (Alliance for the Defense of Freedom) official thread
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2014, 02:15:34 am »
You know, go save the galaxy! These clearances give us the privilege of ignoring political boundaries as well as societal norms.
[Mind if I jump in? I might be a forum lurker, but I'm also not a jackass. Or, rather... I'm a forum vet from some random Minecraft server you guys wouldn't know.

If "wings" is cool with it, I'd like to be his loyal Starscream Viceroy. I've even got my first bit of grandstanding planned out.

On a related note... what do us bad guys call ourselves?]
I ask for "Power Rangers" and I get regular teenage thugs... *sigh*.
Eh, we don't mind. Just don't be unreasonable in stating your activities.
So, bad guys. Congrats on capturing a planet worth squat, this coming from a former Ryuvian citizen.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline KTKM-Sama

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2014, 01:26:10 pm »
i do need to get at least some servants to get the supply chain going, all this ammunition and remodelling is expensive...

Psst...(Whispering) hey,I hear you want some ammunation. wanna buy some torpedoes? I have a good old-cheap Torps and also a lot of servant robots over here...

Opps- uh...nothing here guys, nothing here, move along.  :P

Ah damnit! I forgot that I'm still inside the Legion!

Offline Evasive Marvel

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 11:39:42 pm »
[Okay, so, my first bit of grandstanding will be a bit of world-building. This is as much to test the direction of the thread as anything; if Whalecow says this isn't what the thread's about I'll take down the post. Hmmm... should it be more goofy or cool?]

The position of "Viceroy of Iber" is a recently recognized one, created from the extremely recent recognition of Iber as a planet-scale colony rather than outpost, a recognition which has lagged far behind the actual scale of the planet. This is due to the unique condition of Iber's founding and its continued isolation.

Iber was created from a once-in-a-century opportunity when a moon-sized comet -rich in frozen water- entered the distant asteroid belt of a barely colonized star system. The comet was caught, redirected, and made to absorb carefully selected asteroids (rich in certain materials) . Then, another moon-sized object -an asteroid filled with innumerous ore-s was directed into orbit around the soon-to-be-planet. The comet -partially covered by countless asteroids- was deified Viriashus, while the asteroid was called Lusitar.

The result was the harsh, unstable pseudo-planet, Iber. It is large enough in mass and rich enough in iron to eventually form a magma core (and with it, the precious magnetic field that greater planets enjoy), though, for now, this only means extensive earthquakes and death-plumes breaking through the earth. Meteorites continually bomb the surface, a lack of key materials makes entire industries (namely agriculture) unprofitable, there has been no effort to build an atmosphere, and no sun is close enough to provide daylight.

As an immediate result, few structures are built on the actual surface of Iber. Those that are never go without a basic thrust system allowing for either hours of low-altitude hovering, or an assisted escape from Iber's low gravity and minimal atmosphere.

Despite all the difficulties inherent in Iber, the relative safety and order of the distant rock (helped by an extensive outreach effort promising egalitarianism and liberty) has attracted 12 million chosen immigrants from the troubles of the last several years. The populace is as harsh and stoic as their planet, and a well-designed indoctrination system along with an outstanding industrial ability aimed towards capital production has produced a patriotic and industrious people. In terms of warmaking potential, Iber can match far larger planets.

In addition, the unique factors of Iber make it ideally suited towards engine production and refinement. These affordable and powerful engines define the warships that Viceroy Marvel devotes to his master.

Offline Napsy NAPS

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 03:50:31 pm »
i do need to get at least some servants to get the supply chain going, all this ammunition and remodelling is expensive...

Psst...(Whispering) hey,I hear you want some ammunation. wanna buy some torpedoes? I have a good old-cheap Torps and also a lot of servant robots over here...

Opps- uh...nothing here guys, nothing here, move along.  :P

Ah damnit! I forgot that I'm still inside the Legion!

Gets info of all the know Galaxy, a status that lets us do almost anything... And tries to start a torpedo black market...

I like how you work.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »
Just don't start a slavery ring or sell H-bombs, guys. If you do screw up and people blame Legion, we can show them the document and say you are autonomous when not mustered.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Lightfollower

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 05:17:31 am »
Don't worry. I put myself in charge of the damage control department which I just made. If they do get out of hand we will be able to wipe their existance from every mainframe and system in the galaxy so we can maintain a "we have never heard of that person in our lives" approach.

Now if you need me I have gathered a few ships and am going to explore uncharted space. Wish me luck.
The fella who has been handling the characters on Sunrider's and the Sunrider Academy's VNDB page.

Sunrider's VNDB page: http://vndb.org/v14112/chars
Sunrider Academy's VNDB page: https://vndb.org/v16221/chars#chars
My profile: http://vndb.org/u70739

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 06:06:27 pm »
Don't worry. I put myself in charge of the damage control department which I just made. If they do get out of hand we will be able to wipe their existence from every mainframe and system in the galaxy so we can maintain a "we have never heard of that person in our lives" approach.

Now if you need me I have gathered a few ships and am going to explore uncharted space. Wish me luck.
Delightful. You can go whenever, just leave a ship or two and an officer so we can finish these wonderful "festivities"
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2014, 10:06:33 pm »
So stuck up! Don't you even care about safety of your own people? I can burn your precious Ongess down to the ground, and it'll be your fault for not being adaptive. By the way, Ryuvia actually surrendered without me having to shoot, so i have decided to leave the government system mostly intact, taking only a few precautions. You'll be surprised how effective subtle manipulation and propaganda can be. Maybe eventually i'll give you a personal invitation to the planet so you can see it for yourself Ha ha ha!

All help is appreciated, but these are the kind of people which would particularly be welcome
- Up to two advisors/ sidekicks who'd praise my every action and give me good advice and be utterly evil and loyal to me. Betrayal is not allowed unless i betray you first.
-Someone skilled in bombing planets or space stations - you don't need a gun as bic as mine to do it, just be capable of breaching a space station's hull at least. Due to the uniqueness of the job it will probably be difficult for you to betray me, but who knows?
-A double agent to spy on the ADF. You have to be as inconspicious as you can get. Eventually you'll be able to pick which side you actually want to swear your absolute loyalty to, or even try to mediate the conflict on the grounds that deep down our goals are the same but i doubt that will work. He heh.

Anyone else - you are free to be my vassals if you want to, but keep in mind that i won't hesitate to destroy you if you do something i don't like. New relatively safe positions might be coming soon though!

And yeah...i'll be happy to purchase any illegal stuff since officially buying anything is too damn expensive thanks to this stupid free market capitalism. Just gotta take measures so i don't lose much if a deal goes awry...hold on...

Offline Evasive Marvel

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2014, 06:59:56 am »
Now, see, here's the boss I signed up for all those years ago. Keep at them man!

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2014, 01:37:33 pm »
So stuck up! Don't you even care about safety of your own people? I can burn your precious Ongess down to the ground, and it'll be your fault for not being adaptive. By the way, Ryuvia actually surrendered without me having to shoot, so i have decided to leave the government system mostly intact, taking only a few precautions. You'll be surprised how effective subtle manipulation and propaganda can be. Maybe eventually i'll give you a personal invitation to the planet so you can see it for yourself Ha ha ha!
Sigh. You know we emptied Ongess, right? All on Farport now? We renamed it New Ongess? Ringing any bells? Lightfollower is the defensive coordinater, so that base is covered. And as for Old Ongess...
Cosette: Burn it to the ground! We don't give a damn!
And as for Ryuvia... my birth-people were always pushovers. But we'll help them soon enough. Maybe we WILL "visit". Thanks for the mission suggestion.

Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2014, 07:30:32 am »
Aw, come on, i'm reasonable, i'm not out just for your bases...yet. Unless maybe you tried to evacuate the entire population of the planet, i would love to hear how'd you go about it and how that was not forced relocation or something i wouldn't do. I guess it's mine now then. Too bad i can't properly invest resources into developing it when there are dangerous alliances lurking about, so instead i'll just have to sell a colonial charter to some subject company, not like they are doing anything useful.
You're being awfully generous, but if i don't reach my full goal i'm going to lose prestige, and i can't afford that, so i have to prepare for the invasion anyway. Just so you know, if your flagship won't be there, there's a high chance that the invasion will succeed, so don't just slack off orbiting one of the most important planets in the galaxy!

Offline KTKM-Sama

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2014, 06:14:45 pm »
Spoiler

All help is appreciated, but these are the kind of people which would particularly be welcome
- Up to two advisors/ sidekicks who'd praise my every action and give me good advice and be utterly evil and loyal to me. Betrayal is not allowed unless i betray you first.
-Someone skilled in bombing planets or space stations - you don't need a gun as bic as mine to do it, just be capable of breaching a space station's hull at least. Due to the uniqueness of the job it will probably be difficult for you to betray me, but who knows?
-A double agent to spy on the ADF. You have to be as inconspicious as you can get. Eventually you'll be able to pick which side you actually want to swear your absolute loyalty to, or even try to mediate the conflict on the grounds that deep down our goals are the same but i doubt that will work. He heh.

Anyone else - you are free to be my vassals if you want to, but keep in mind that i won't hesitate to destroy you if you do something i don't like. New relatively safe positions might be coming soon though!

Hmm... That make me almost want to join you thought, I'm good at torpedoing-things and can use my torps to one-shot-kill any space station, but I'm a free ma,  I don't want to become vassal or anything like that, that's why I love ADF more than you.

And yeah...i'll be happy to purchase any illegal stuff since officially buying anything is too damn expensive thanks to this stupid free market capitalism. Just gotta take measures so i don't lose much if a deal goes awry...hold on...

Even thought we are enemy, but money is always my friend. I have lots of nice-and-cheap torpedoes with 1/4 of the maket price and 1/4 of the market quality And I also got every type of Torps you can imagine, Oxygen Torpedo, Atomic Torpedo,Human Torpedo, Anti-matter torpedo, and a special one- The Tor-Pedo!
 Since I almost like you, I will give an almost 50% discount for the first time buying. So....deal?

Uh-and-uh, there's still nothing here guys, I'm not trying to start a black market or anything! please move along!
Damnit! I still forgot that I'm still inside the Legion!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:17:18 pm by KTKM-Sama »

Offline Napsy NAPS

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2014, 11:03:04 pm »

I swear to the RNGesus is not me this time. I'm totally completely 'clean' right now *cough cough*
As for Ongess, Yeah! take that!... Can we stop bringing in what happend in Ongess... I'm 30% sure is not all that important right now.

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2014, 06:38:01 pm »
Hmm... That make me almost want to join you thought, I'm good at torpedoing-things and can use my torps to one-shot-kill any space station, but I'm a free ma,  I don't want to become vassal or anything like that, that's why I love ADF more than you.
Do not be fooled...
The deal will be sweet, but what will you have to do to hold up YOUR END of the bargain?
When you have to ask if the ends justify the means, don't ask. Under those circumstances they never do.

Glad you're on our side, but if I were Stalin, after reading this, I would invade the Poland that is your face.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2014, 10:15:25 pm »
Yeah, that deal sounds nice ^^ just make sure they aren't duds or explode before they're fired, that kind of stuff makes me want to nuke densely populated and prosperous planets.

About what being a vassal would be like, it, well, is kind of a necessary evil.  Without obligations or proper communication a large empire will easily find itself in disarray and be unable to protect itself from outside interference due to people's selfish interests. As your decentralized Alliance grows, unless you'd be content scurrying in a corner of a galaxy with all the same-minded individuals, you will inevitably rack up people with questionable, selfish intents, who won't cooperate as well as you'd like them to and cause you problems. You will have the opportunity to see how it turns out by yourself in the upcoming invasion of Far Port. I'm quite curious about it too, seeing as my empire is still rather young and small. Heh heh heh.