Author Topic: [7.1] Multiplayer Release  (Read 4531 times)

Offline The Bigfoot

[7.1] Multiplayer Release
« on: November 13, 2014, 07:11:12 am »
Sunrider Multiplayer Release (GUI Edition!)

[/center

The Sunrider Multiplayer mod places you in command of either the Sunrider crew or a small PACT armada as you participate in a battle between colossal fleets.

The player controlling the Sunrider has a chooseable stipend to upgrade their already powerful ships and buy resources from the store, whilst the PACT player is able to choose their own ships from a blend of PACT, Pirate and Restored Ryuvian ships meaning their strategy is infinitely flexible!

Features!

Pick your own units and upgrades!

All Enemy units are available for PACT to use (In the future then the Mining Union units may be available) and there are a number of upgrades available from supplying Mook Ryders with missiles to...

Pirate Base ECM
All Pirate ships have stealth and all allied units have a 7.5% Accuracy bonus per pirate base within 5 hexes

or...

Pirate Ambush Training
All Pirate ships move 50% faster for the first three rounds.

leading to positional tactics such as:
Stack those buffs and this time You get to destroy the Phoenix!

Destroy the Sunrider!
You would never see this normally, PACT Mooks can fire missiles but have no ammunition!

And of course a HUGE amount of care and attention to polish!
Just look at those buttons...

So enough with the image spam!

This mod has no interaction with the main game except it activates the console so that it can be triggered, meaning it should be compatible with most updates. It works by sending emails with the save-game at certain points which are then loaded by the other player. The other player loads it up and then has their turn!

As simple as that!

After installing the mod, its as simple to launch as opening the console and entering multi()

The Mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D6n1uinVVzdEw2YmNldU1kWkE/view?usp=sharing

This was designed for 7.1 and has not been updated, the entire game is now included in the Rar but please don't try to use existing saves with it.

It is possible to play without using email and using your own rather than routing it through mine but there is a little bit of set-up needed.

Instructions are included in the rar!

Updates:
1.01 (Current): Fixed spawning extra PACT forces
1.01 Patch: Fixed the Sunrider Suicide bug, hotfix also uploaded

Edit: Fixed images, if theres too many let me know and I will spoiler them
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 08:00:51 am by The Bigfoot »
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline The Loli Assassin

Re: Multiplayer beta
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:13:07 am »
This is a neat concept, I'm interested in seeing where it goes.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 04:06:09 pm »
If a Sunrider MMO is ever made, they can say this was the birthplace. XD
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Douman

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 02:13:46 am »
By email?
i guess you haven't stored that in github?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:16:04 am by Douman »

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 07:56:58 pm »
By email?
i guess you haven't stored that in github?

Did it due to a discussion on email chess somewhere in the sunrider discussion, email is entirely optional :D

I haven't actually ever used github, I presume its just for storing code from what I have heard on the forums?
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Douman

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 08:37:43 pm »
Yes, it's convenient tool to study and review code also  ::)

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 11:51:31 pm »
Update from 0.0 to 0.5

Getting there, now has a store to buy pact things and can position own ships and such... I haven't had a chance to look at animations so most melee attacks by PACT forces crash the game, havoc and phoenix are ok.

Support Ryders crash but that's doubtless because they are missing pics for weapons and such...

Files on first post.

Offline The Bigfoot

Re: Multiplayer Release
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 10:53:39 pm »
Well it took six entire months but Release! (Sorry about the necro but figured its better than a duplicate topic)

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 01:03:35 am »
multiplay on ren...

o.o
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 07:39:04 pm »
multiplay on ren...

o.o

Well turn based multiplayer... Endershadow mentioned on chatbox yesterday he was thinking of makeing a multiplayer sunrider which sounded like it was realtime (We need to pester him constantly untill he does it)

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 02:55:08 pm »
multiplay on ren...

o.o

Well turn based multiplayer... Endershadow mentioned on chatbox yesterday he was thinking of makeing a multiplayer sunrider which sounded like it was realtime (We need to pester him constantly untill he does it)

No matter how much you pester me, I'm not starting it until I finish the Resonant Blade Game Engine. It's going to be used for the ADF VN that's being made and I'm going to make multiplayer sunrider in it (if I decide to make it).

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Terra

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 11:12:07 pm »
Ugh. i wonder what i did wrong. i did everything on instruction for multiplayer and after pressing "play" button on steam i got this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name u'Multiplayer_start' is defined twice: at game/Multiplayer.rpy:62 and game/game/Multiplayer.rpy:62.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\main.py", line 249, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\script.py", line 181, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\script.py", line 470, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\script.py", line 314, in finish_load
    node.filename, node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name u'Multiplayer_start' is defined twice: at game/Multiplayer.rpy:62 and game/game/Multiplayer.rpy:62.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.1.670

i am not good at these programmng stuff so i dont understand much :/

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 03:14:47 pm »
Ugh. i wonder what i did wrong. i did everything on instruction for multiplayer and after pressing "play" button on steam i got this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\main.py", line 249, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\script.py", line 181, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\script.py", line 470, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\script.py", line 314, in finish_load
    node.filename, node.linenumber))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.1.670

i am not good at these programmng stuff so i dont understand much :/

I can't find anything wrong in the source files...

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Terra

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 11:23:28 pm »
hmm. maybe because i tried to make it with 7.2 extensed mod? i will try to delete and download sunrider again :)
Or in other words i try mess with this until i make it work  8)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:26:35 pm by Terra »

Offline Veniczar Derle

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 03:36:34 pm »
Code: [Select]
Name u'Multiplayer_start' is defined twice: at game/Multiplayer.rpy:62 and game/game/Multiplayer.rpy:62.Have you checked if you have a game folder in your game folder?
I am not very fluent in English. I beg you to forgive me for that.
My avatar come from here http://budokai01.deviantart.com/art/Infinite-Space-Wallpaper-175541546/.