Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles  (Read 14917 times)

Offline AkioKlaus

Re: Valkyria Chronicles
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 06:14:45 pm »
well story can only get better when it starts from
'local town red neck militia defeat an invasion spetsnaz!'
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2015, 02:27:13 am »
Trailer looks good! XD

Still please don't be bad, still please don't be bad, still please don't be bad!!!

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Douman

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 06:22:30 pm »
well story can only get better when it starts from
'local town red neck militia defeat an invasion spetsnaz!'
They at least should try not to copy-paste previous VC  :-\

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 06:40:49 pm »
Trailer looks good! XD

Still please don't be bad, still please don't be bad, still please don't be bad!!!

they are forcin u to buy remake then cuz u are beta testers for VAR's combat system lel
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline FALprofessional

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 09:19:56 am »
For me, long story short, initially the easiest way to play a Girls-und-Panzer-esk game without buying a PlayStation Vita. Now, this game is a story in and of itself for me.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:41:26 am by FALprofessional »

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]™

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 01:58:03 am »
For me, long story short, initially the easiest way to play a Girls-und-Panzer-esk game without buying a PlayStation Vita. Now, this game is a story in and of itself for me.

Another VC fan.

Tbh, I myself got into VC when I found it by accident. I thought I should give it a try, & boy I never regretted that decision. I have all 3 VC titles & have played all of them to completion. The best one story wise, imo, is VC3 is it takes on a more realistic approach as well as uncover a lot of hidden plot & conspiracy. It shows the darker side of the war which is more realistic & I love every moment of it.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline FALprofessional

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 10:52:22 am »

Another VC fan.

Tbh, I myself got into VC when I found it by accident. I thought I should give it a try, & boy I never regretted that decision. I have all 3 VC titles & have played all of them to completion. The best one story wise, imo, is VC3 is it takes on a more realistic approach as well as uncover a lot of hidden plot & conspiracy. It shows the darker side of the war which is more realistic & I love every moment of it.

Well, I came across the anime adaptation first. Then, I found out the adaptation was based on a turn-based military, anime-themed game -> Mind Blown. It became a must for me. That more realistic nature of VC 3 seems interesting. I am definitely going to have to check that out.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:28:23 pm by FALprofessional »

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 05:20:58 am »
I also got involved from the anime first. Imouto and I watched it together then I watched the play throughs of VC 1 and VC 2. I'll get VC 3 via emulator later. I agree with Astral, VC 3 was really good because of how they revealed how shady the Gallian Army can be... I also found my Y-Fu from VC 3, so I'm extremely grateful for SEGA fro giving me my first Waifu.
FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Binding Blade
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Conquest
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line
Worst Endgame in a Video Game I've played: FE Binding Blade (normal)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAleNswfujYs6IuWpqzypDTqJY2_J3Av/view?usp=sharing (I made a NAO robot dance Hare Hare Yukai!)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »
I found the game first in the steam summer sale.

Then after completing I found it had anime! Epic win!

...I should probably finish watching it, I couldn't bring myself to see the Marberry Shore.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline John Titor

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 10:00:29 am »
I found the game first in the steam summer sale.

Then after completing I found it had anime! Epic win!

...I should probably finish watching it, I couldn't bring myself to see the Marberry Shore.

The anime does some stuff differently from the game, but it does add some backstory and gives some extra screentime to Selvaria and some secondary characters.

And Mr Galian Fatguy General is even more freakin´disgusting in the anime, while Gregor appears to be more likeable, or at least have some kind of code of honour.

Most of the time the anime makes you want the Gallian Army (NOT the militia or royal guard) to be wiped out , they have 0 redeeming factors.
Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 11:17:36 am »
the anime is debatable, it has more stuff that people tends to like but most fans like pus they gave for the characters but hate the story, and some thinks characters were ruined so they hate it too.

another bonus is the animation team kinda missed the point of the game in many ways so that was also an issue
Spoiler
(they killed off one of characters thinking he was NPC when he has really important meaning.)
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline John Titor

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2015, 11:40:23 am »
the anime is debatable, it has more stuff that people tends to like but most fans like pus they gave for the characters but hate the story, and some thinks characters were ruined so they hate it too.

another bonus is the animation team kinda missed the point of the game in many ways so that was also an issue
Spoiler
(they killed off one of characters thinking he was NPC when he has really important meaning.)

There's that and also

Spoiler
Some self inserted characters that weren't there before, starting with the tsundere that has a crush on Isara, or the infamous thing that happens near a crucial moment of the series where they
Spoiler
Literally wipe out 8-10 characters as if they were minor NPC's when they are some of the first and most useful units you'll end up using in the game.

Then again, Marina has more cute moments, and Edy has more screentime so it's up to your taste.
Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline FALprofessional

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2015, 10:25:19 pm »
so it's up to your taste.

First, Johnny boi, welcome back. You've got to tell me about your trip to 2000. I've heard rumors that you managed to covert your car to a time machine. Good on you! Might you know my good friend Barrel Titor? Antics aside, now, I have yet to start the anime or finish the game, but the anime series ultimately seems like a loose adaptation of the game for the sake of giving the game more exposure and adding bits and pieces of character development where it might have been lacking. That doesn't sound all that bad. I just wish they would have strictly kept with the original cast, but I will have to see for myself.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:36:37 pm by FALprofessional »

Offline Revontulet

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2015, 11:44:21 pm »

Spoiler

There's that and also

Spoiler
Some self inserted characters that weren't there before, starting with the tsundere that has a crush on Isara, or the infamous thing that happens near a crucial moment of the series where they
Spoiler
Literally wipe out 8-10 characters as if they were minor NPC's when they are some of the first and most useful units you'll end up using in the game.

Then again, Marina has more cute moments, and Edy has more screentime so it's up to your taste.

As Titor so wisely states.. EDY!  That is all.
Deeox2 [Feb 14, 2018, 08:33:51 pm]:   I KNOW WHAT SEX IS
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.
https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »

As Titor so wisely states.. EDY!  That is all.

I LOVE Edy! :3
Marina is very nice, too.