Author Topic: A custom OP and mini-review of Sunrider  (Read 6499 times)

Offline Endershadow

Re: A custom OP and mini-review of Sunrider
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 10:30:12 pm »
I really like the op! The review is also pretty funny. Good Job.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 09:24:46 am »
Damn, made it more ftl feeeel dramatic.

fits my taste for sure, since current op is cornybit simple for my view.

pretty interesting how it has major spoilers and yet I would not see a spoilers from watching the opening alone.
these are my favorite types of openings!  next to fake scene openings

can we have this as op instead lulz
Heh, thank you. ^_^
But... why is half your post crossed over? o_o

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:34 am »
Damn, until I watched this I had not believed it possible to make an anime OP entirely out of spoilers.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. It was nice, especially the graphics at various parts (particularly the Sunrider travelling through warp)  :)

Cool, happy you liked it.  :)
Though... honestly, I wasn't thinking much of spoilers when I made this. I was mostly just trying to make something that looked neat, and then went with the logic of that most of these shot, when taken out of contex, hopefully wouldn't make a lot of sense to the people who haven't played the game.  ???

Don't worry, you pretty much got it down. Personally I really like this. Now if only we could implement it as a custom OP... You wouldn't happen to make a mod for this would you? It would be neat if you did, though it does need some minor adjustments, particularly the volume of the music, it's a bit too low imho. But still, this is a very job well done. ;D
Appreciated Astral. ^_^
I have absolutly no knowladge or experience of how to make mods though, so I can't do that myself. Someone else would have to it. Although... I think I would rather hear from the devs themselfs if they are actually fine with it before anyone starts thinking of replacing any openings. It would feel a bit impolite to the creators of the original OP.  :-[

Fixing the music won't be a problem though. I could get that done in a few minutes.

I would like to help make that mod if I could. But I don't know where to start when it involves the OP. Can't seem to find the files that needs to be modified.
Well, knock yourself out, see what you can do.
You can find all the game's assets whereever your steam games are installed. It should be SteamLibrary >> SteamApps >> common >> Sunrider >> game >> cg
The video that plays when you start the game is a .avi videofile in that folder titled "OP". I assume that if one would replace that video with a diffrent .avi file and name the new video "OP", I should replace the current OP...? Not sure, haven't tried yet.  ???

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 09:34:54 am »
I really like the op! The review is also pretty funny. Good Job.
Thank you, I appreciate it :D

Offline Void

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 10:03:36 am »

You can find all the game's assets whereever your steam games are installed. It should be SteamLibrary >> SteamApps >> common >> Sunrider >> game >> cg
The video that plays when you start the game is a .avi videofile in that folder titled "OP". I assume that if one would replace that video with a diffrent .avi file and name the new video "OP", I should replace the current OP...? Not sure, haven't tried yet.  ???

Strange, I can't seem to find where the OP file is. I'm not using the steam version, so maybe that's why. I'm using the version from samu-kun's homepage since I'm not fond of using steam. If I can just find where that file is, maybe making the mod won't be so hard.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 10:29:03 am »

Strange, I can't seem to find where the OP file is. I'm not using the steam version, so maybe that's why. I'm using the version from samu-kun's homepage since I'm not fond of using steam. If I can just find where that file is, maybe making the mod won't be so hard.
Can you find the folder where the game is installed? If you can find it, there should be a folder called 'cg'. Assuming our gamefiles look the same, the OP should be located there.

Offline Void

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 10:34:49 am »

Can you find the folder where the game is installed? If you can find it, there should be a folder called 'cg'. Assuming our gamefiles look the same, the OP should be located there.

I've made a mod before, so I know where it is. It's just that it's not in the CG folder, but the OP video plays fine. Better check the folder one by one then. The OP file is in video format right?

EDIT: Oh, wait. Nevermind, I just found it. It's not in a folder, but the video file is there. Well, looks like this will be a very simple mod, just need to replace it & that should do it. Could you upload the file? You can also share it in the mod section if you want.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:37:09 am by Astral_Raider »
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 11:07:35 am »

I've made a mod before, so I know where it is. It's just that it's not in the CG folder, but the OP video plays fine. Better check the folder one by one then. The OP file is in video format right?

EDIT: Oh, wait. Nevermind, I just found it. It's not in a folder, but the video file is there. Well, looks like this will be a very simple mod, just need to replace it & that should do it. Could you upload the file? You can also share it in the mod section if you want.

Alright sure.
Dropbox will do fine right? Tell if there are any problems downloading the file. This is the same file as the one I uploaded to youtube though, I haven't made any changes to the music or animations since I just haven't really sat down at down with the program since yesterday yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65eu3y584mlqy1m/OP_Ashadow.mp4?dl=0

Offline Void

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2014, 11:23:34 am »

Alright sure.
Dropbox will do fine right? Tell if there are any problems downloading the file. This is the same file as the one I uploaded to youtube though, I haven't made any changes to the music or animations since I just haven't really sat down at down with the program since yesterday yet.

Thanks! If you're done fixing it, mind uploading the new one? That'll be awesome, just take your time. Again, nice work. ;D
Others can access this through here too.

Whoa, that is one huge file, 449 MB 0_o

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 11:27:08 am »

Alright sure.

Thanks! If you're done fixing it, mind uploading the new one? That'll be awesome, just take your time. Again, nice work. ;D
Sure, though... it might take some time. I'm in the middle of studying for my exams at the moment, and making vids are usually far to fun and distracting for me. I need to prioritize RL right now.
How long might this be? No idea.

Offline Void

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 11:53:41 am »

Alright sure.

Sure, though... it might take some time. I'm in the middle of studying for my exams at the moment, and making vids are usually far to fun and distracting for me. I need to prioritize RL right now.
How long might this be? No idea.

That's cool, we all can wait. ;D

Offline canyon

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2014, 01:36:22 pm »
I really enjoyed the OP, too.  I was impressed with what you were able to do with the graphic assets.

Offline Napsy NAPS

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 01:28:45 am »
Woah, that was plain awsome.

Offline Ashadow

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 06:15:32 pm »
I really enjoyed the OP, too.  I was impressed with what you were able to do with the graphic assets.

Woah, that was plain awsome.

Thanks guys! Makes all the hours I spent making that thing feel a bit more worthwhile. :)

Offline Pal

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »
Thanks guys! Makes all the hours I spent making that thing feel a bit more very worthwhile. :)
Corrected for you. ^_^

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers