Author Topic: How do I use renpytom's Sunrider Academy mod?  (Read 7968 times)

Offline canyon

How do I use renpytom's Sunrider Academy mod?
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:26:53 pm »
I've never worked with Ren'Py or GitHub.  How do I use renpytom's Sunrider Academy mod?

https://gist.github.com/renpytom/01030213137e9c0d8089

Even though I like the plot parts of Sunrider Academy, my motivation for every route keeps going down because of all the days when nothing happens.  I think I will eventually get through Chigara's route (the third route I've done), but I don't feel up to doing another one.  But I think I could get through it no problem in "visual novel mode" with this mod.

Offline Vaendryl

Re: How do I use renpytom's Sunrider Academy mod?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:47:44 pm »
I'd been thinking of making a mod myself that makes it easier to deal with the endless activities every day but Tom went all the way :o

you should make a new text file, copy the code into it and save it with a .rpy extension. make sure the file is in the game's folder. you'll also need dev mode enabled. after that you start a new game and open the console and type 'jump arc_cheat' (without the ' ) and it should show you a menu of all the character arcs. selecting one will show all scenes of that character in order doing away with the actual gameplay part entirely.

I think. I've not tested it - just read the code. I recommend you type the jump command after having selected a class and when dialogue is shown (i.e. not on a map screen), just for safety.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 04:07:18 pm by Vaendryl »
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Histidine

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 05:09:03 pm »
Da-yum, I wonder how many game devs can say the big boss of the engine they use makes mods for their game?

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:24:37 pm »
***There are some glitches in the mod. Some backgrounds and music will not properly trigger.

Offline canyon

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 03:01:27 pm »
I'd been thinking of making a mod myself that makes it easier to deal with the endless activities every day but Tom went all the way :o

you should make a new text file, copy the code into it and save it with a .rpy extension. make sure the file is in the game's folder. you'll also need dev mode enabled. after that you start a new game and open the console and type 'jump arc_cheat' (without the ' ) and it should show you a menu of all the character arcs. selecting one will show all scenes of that character in order doing away with the actual gameplay part entirely.

I think. I've not tested it - just read the code. I recommend you type the jump command after having selected a class and when dialogue is shown (i.e. not on a map screen), just for safety.

Thank you very much!  That worked.  So excited!  ;D

Offline Hikaru

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:34:48 am »
This is a great modification. This should already be an option in the game for those who have already completed one route in its entirety all the way to the end of the game. I should not be forced to play the activities, of which, I dislike, after already doing it once. It is a shame the creator of the game's engine had to do it himself.

122 Guests, 1 User