Author Topic: The "Appreciation Thread" Appreciation Thread  (Read 6843 times)

Online Elvis Strunk

The "Appreciation Thread" Appreciation Thread
« on: March 27, 2015, 05:32:53 am »
If you can't beat the people that don't care about the quality of their spam...

This is basically an index for all of the other Appreciation Threads. Feel free to chat about all of them here, behind their backs, and basically just do literally whatever.

The Trap Thread!

The Loli Thread!

The Kemonamin... Kenomo... Kemonosodo... ... ... The Animal Thread!

The Tentacle Thread!

The Twintails Thread!

The miko thread!

The book thread!

The Fire Emblem Thread!

The Shin Megami Tensei Thread!

The Kantai Collection Thread!

The Touhou Thread!

The Valkyria Chronicles Thread!

The Fate/Stay Night Thread!

The Faction Leaders Thread!

The Weapon and Armor Thread!

The Gun Thread!

The Weasel Thread!

Feel free to link to any future Appreciation Threads and I'll add them to the list.

...may as well join them.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:51:00 am by Elvis Strunk »

Offline The Loli Assassin

Re: The "Appreciation Thread" Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 05:39:01 am »
I enjoy this because people will come here expecting stupid things and get something useful instead, and I also had a hand in it's creation.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline Shirley

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 03:03:56 pm »
All the lolz, all the time.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Void

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »
Leave it to Elvis to make things convenient for everyone. Well done, good sir.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 01:34:55 pm »
This is probably why my post count is so low. I have never made a proper contribution to one of these appreciation threads, and I hope I never will.

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:33:56 pm »
This is probably why my post count is so low. I have never made a proper contribution to one of these appreciation threads, and I hope I never will.

just spam more

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »
I've never made any other contribution to that besides a comment of mine indirectly causing the creation of the trap thread, yet I made more than 1000 posts, so I wouldn't say they are related. But maybe I should start one...

Elvis, which appreciation thread you'll prefer, the one related to quantum physics or historical-characters-who-should-be-more-known-yet-people-forget-about-them?
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 04:33:30 pm »
Elvis, which appreciation thread you'll prefer, the one related to quantum physics or historical-characters-who-should-be-more-known-yet-people-forget-about-them?
Yes.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 01:56:37 am »
Yes.

As a non-native english speaker, I know this (answering yes to a chose-on-of-2-option answer)  is a thing, but I've never actually learned why. Must be why you still get me sometimes, next time won't be so easy...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 06:15:06 pm »
Yes.

As a non-native english speaker, I know this (answering yes to a chose-on-of-2-option answer)  is a thing, but I've never actually learned why. Must be why you still get me sometimes, next time won't be so easy...

Yes.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 07:10:50 pm »
Yes.

Mathematician's answer. Technically correct, yet not helpful in any way. A favorite answer of mine, truly.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 07:19:38 pm »
why no fire emblem appreciation thread
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 07:44:29 pm »
Mathematician's answer. Technically correct, yet not helpful in any way. A favorite answer of mine, truly.

Oh, I know it's a mathematician's answer, it's just that in my native language answering "yes" when they  ask you "A or B?" is simply grammatically wrong (it would be like answering "potato" to "what is your favourite scene of Star Wars?"). It must be something related with imperatives or similar.

I was wondering just how much mauled must be English grammatical structure to allow "correct" answers like that Not that any language doesn't have it's weird places, mind you

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »
From what I've heard from people that try and learn English as a second language, it's actually quite difficult, because of how stupidly nonsensical a lot of it is. Still better than internet-speak, at least.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 04:28:49 am »
Englishes nonsensical parts are part of why I'm glad it's my first language. Especially answering "yes" when someone asks "A or B".

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death